Angelina Love Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattropolis

Dark Match Jobber
This is my first time posting a new one, be gentle. I didn't see it on the main page yet but I read that Angelina Love was just released from TNA.

The issue was apparently work visa related. I don't know much about this but would it actually be cause to release a top Knockout instead of trying to find a solution? Again my knowledge of work visa issues is minimal, please fill me in.

Also..how will this hurt the division, if at all? I would think it will be a huge blow as the Knockouts are a top draw and she's been improving her game. As has been said elsewhere, she's a heat magnet.

Would WWE have any interest? I'm thinking not with the visa issue but what do I know. Anyway...thoughts please!

She is Canadian and let her work VISA expire. How she did this I don't know because she needs it to maintain her residence in the US. That's why TNA released her, they can't book her if she can't be in the country.
When she gets this taken care of TNA will want her back but it does open up the possible lure of the WWE.
I'd like to think she'll go back to TNA, The Beautiful People are the top of the food chain in the Knockout Division. But unfortunately it will all come down to who can throw more money at her.
I hope Velvet is ok. I must console her...

Noooo!!!! This pretty much kills the Beautiful People gimmick, which is the only real reason I watch TNA. Velvet is good eye candy, but Angelina was the work horse that held the group together. Hopefully, she can get her work visa renewed and she can go back to TNA.

If she goes to WWE, I hope that she will get a good run. A sad day in TNA, as the Beautiful People Era ends.

Wait a minute... WHAT?!?!?!?

First of all, I LOOOOOOOOOOVE Angelina Love. I think she was a breath of fresh air in ANY women's division in pro-wrestling, and probably one of the greatest women-heels to be put on television since the WWE's product of the mid-90's.

Secondly, I don't think I'm alone here in my way of thinking. It is a fact that the KO's are a ratings juggernaut for TNA, and this is lead by the Beautiful People. Velvet Sky has skills, but she is nowhere near the same playing field as Love. Love is the one with the superior mic skills, more wrestling experience, and was the unspoken leader of TBP.

This is a MAJOR blow for TNA. I, for one, might tune in next week to see how TNA bounces back from this loss, but I doubt that I'll tune in after that. Angelina Love is the reason why I watched TNA. Now I have none.

Wow this is incredibly shocking. Angelina is probably one of my favorite knockouts and one of my favorite women's wrestlers in general. This could be a big blow to TNA. They still have a good crop of knockouts with Tara, Kong, Saeed/Flash, Sarita, Hamada, Velvet, and ODB. The division will take a slight spill, but I think they will be able to function as they got quality wrestlers. Hopefully she can resolve this problem and TNA will bring her back.

Reactions: X
Personally, I think this is the 2nd piece of bad news coming out of TNA this week as I was upset that Traci Brooks will not be on the cover of Playboy that I was excited to get in the next few months. My mailbox is sadder after hearing that news.

I have never been more heartbroken about a release, and I'm more of a follower of WWE than I am TNA. But Angelina Love was always my favorite TNA Knockout. I just hope that she finds a top job soon. Whether it be back in TNA or in WWE. She brought so much to the Knockout's division, and I think she'd do great in WWE. Put her on Smackdown as a face, she'd make a great opponent for Michelle McCool, I'd say. Bottom line... this is a major loss for TNA.

I'm guessing that since the next edition of IMPACT or already tape that we will have to way until the PPV to find out the future of the beautiful people. Ŧhe best scenario would be that Angelina gets her work visa taken care of before the ppv but i doubt it will be possible.

This is a major blow for TNA because Angelina and the beautiful people were pretty much the only heels on the knockout roster. The beautiful people will probably continue to exist even without Angelina since all they have to do is put madison rayne back into the group but it won't be the same without her.

Has as Angelina going to the WWE, i don'T see that happening since she doesn'T have the look that the WWE is looking for. That what they told her when she got realease by them a couple of years ago so i doubt that suddenly they change there minds just because she got famous in TNA.

WHAT ? WHAT ? WHAT ? Really is this a joke ? If it's not Knockout division is dead for me. TNA did not only lost it's one of the hottest asset(Maybe only behind Velvet Sky) but they lost their best and most interesting talent. Really there were some times I only watched the Knockouts match for Love to see what will she do next. With Love's departure it means that Beautiful people is finished and Velvet Sky will probably find herself jobbing to ODB. I don't know how can TNA fill Love's place but really she was the one who carried the league on her shoulders.

Right now I can care less about TNA but I still doubt what will happen to KO league most probably they'll hire some female wrestlers but I don't know if they can fill Love's place. Love's release from TNA is a huge loss for TNA and whole KO league.

A loss for TNA, for sure. She was part of one of women's wrestling biggest stables today, so it is a loss. I'm just thinking she should go to WWE, and somehow get Velvet Sky to join her to, because they'd be better in WWE than TNA due to the bigger stage that the WWE provides.

This is my first time posting a new one, be gentle. I didn't see it on the main page yet but I read that Angelina Love was just released from TNA.

The issue was apparently work visa related. I don't know much about this but would it actually be cause to release a top Knockout instead of trying to find a solution? Again my knowledge of work visa issues is minimal, please fill me in.

Also..how will this hurt the division, if at all? I would think it will be a huge blow as the Knockouts are a top draw and she's been improving her game. As has been said elsewhere, she's a heat magnet.

Would WWE have any interest? I'm thinking not with the visa issue but what do I know. Anyway...thoughts please!

WWE and Love wouldn't work due to the whole PG rating, which is why I prefer TNA over WWE right now. The Beautiful People angle was great but doubt WWE would let something like that on the air.

Well, I can't say I'm not surprised. But not for the usual reasons. How can Angelina not remember to renew her work visa? Seems to me, that's a fairly important thing, and one would mindful of it. But, she can always get it straightened out, and come back. And, to everyone saying she could go to WWE: She's already been there once, and walked away with her boyfriend, because they didn't feel like being on seperate shows. I'm sure Vince and Johnny Ace remember this, and won't want her back. I could, however, be wrong in that judgement. I'm just hoping she can get this li'l issue Taken care of, so she can tag with Velvet again, before we forget about the Beautiful People.

Ladies and Gentlemen I introduce you to the overeaction thread championship of the world. This is not the major blow to TNA as some here are saying. Angel Williams to me is smoking hot and an amazing female heel wrestler but as far as TNA ratings go I would venture to say that the high rating comes from Velvets assets more than Angels. This will hurt the in ring product more than it will hurt the ratings.

She was signed to WWE and working out of deep south a couple of years ago and when they dropped the territory they let her go and thats how she ended up starting up with TNA in that battle royal and got signed on. She should have been brought up with Krissy Vaine and they could have basically done the same kind of thing she was doing with Velvet but Krissy quit and the rest was history. There is no place for her right now in WWE unless they find a way to sign her and then partner her with Maryse which I think would be brilliant. Two beautiful cocky heels and Angel could show off her mic skills because as we all know broken english doesnt sell

Ladies and Gentlemen I introduce you to the overeaction thread championship of the world. This is not the major blow to TNA as some here are saying. Angel Williams to me is smoking hot and an amazing female heel wrestler but as far as TNA ratings go I would venture to say that the high rating comes from Velvets assets more than Angels. This will hurt the in ring product more than it will hurt the ratings.

I don't believe this is an overration by any means.

First off, you say it won't hurt the ratings?? It's a FACT that The Beautiful People has been a HUGE source for ratings, even surpassing Impact's male-drive main event in many instances. Angelina Love was the leader of this group that, until today, consisted of only TWO WOMEN. If you take one of them out of the picture, the Beautiful People no longer exist. However, TNA could try and fill the void, but let's face it... who can properly replace Angelina Love beside Velvet Sky? Their chemistry was absolutely spectacular.

TNA's Knockouts Division has not been known for it's beauty alone... they are known as the superior women's wrestling division. Angelina Love is one of TNA's longest lasting, seasoned female wrestlers on the roster that has one of the best gimmicks and is a part of some of the most popular angles in the entire company. Her beauty is only matched by her mic skills ad in-ring prowess.

Am I the only one that thinks TNA overreacted to Angelina's Visa expiring ???

I can't imagine that it's a very difficult process to get it renewed, nor a very long process considering how many foreigners work in the US.

Why didn't TNA simply postpone any storyline involvement with Angelina until she got her paperwork taken care of ? An outright release sounds insanely crazy considering how much she meant to the Knockouts and the overall product.

This one sounds a bit fishy IMO, but then again, it's possible that TNA is simply this stupid.

Yes The D Man TBP have been a huge source for the ratings but Velvet Sky is still there and I am telling you The D Man these ratings are not because of the in ring product I am not saying that I don't think Angelina Love is a sexy and talented wrestler I am saying that this won't be as big of a deal on the ratings as you guys think it will. Put Velvet out there in an evening gown match and have her lose or win and then stip anyway and then come tell me about ratings.

i personally love Angel. i really hope that this is either a major scam to get ppl talking.
but if it is true i really really hope that she gets it taken care of and comes back to TNA ASAP. cause i will miss her. i hope that she never goes to the E though because they will never do anything with her except feed her to the likes of Maryse or Michelle

Am I the only one that thinks TNA overreacted to Angelina's Visa expiring ???

Not at all. If the government found out about it, she would be sent back to Canada. Not be able to come to the US for 10 years and forced to pay back all the money she had earned working in the US. That is scary to get yourself involved in.

It's safe to assume that they didn't know her visa was expired this late. It's happened in sports many times and even worse cases, so I wouldn't put all the blame on TNA so much.

Hopefully, she'll get this stuff fixed and return to the company.

Yes The D Man TBP have been a huge source for the ratings but Velvet Sky is still there and I am telling you The D Man these ratings are not because of the in ring product I am not saying that I don't think Angelina Love is a sexy and talented wrestler I am saying that this won't be as big of a deal on the ratings as you guys think it will. Put Velvet out there in an evening gown match and have her lose or win and then stip anyway and then come tell me about ratings.

I agree with D Man. I like the fact that the Knockouts actually wrestle, that's why I watch. It doesn't hurt that Velvet is hot but I enjoy watching Roxxi wrestle too and while she is not an ugly girl, she is no Velvet. Those matches where hot girls don't know how to wrestle and just strip each others clothes off are better left to failed promotions like XPW. If you want to see hot half naked girls there are plenty of places for that. I want to see broads that know how to wrestle.

The way you kept saying The D Man there really reminded me of Hulk Hogan with Mean Gene just then.

Anyway, on topic, I think this is crazy. Yes, there is a visa issue, but like ztwhite said... a release as opposed to the option of trying to sort it out?!

It doesn't add up, and I don't think we'll have heard the last of the story.

Its sad to say we may have seen the last of The Beautiful People, I bet TNA wished they didn't do that Maddison Rayne getting kicked out storyline now.

A loss for TNA for sure, BUT considering the circumstances TNA had to do it. It is Angelina Love's fault for not getting her visa renewed.

TNA offical's aren't idiots, they know that Angelina/The Beautiful People is a huge asset to TNA, so rest assure that once Angelina Love gets her visa back and all that straited out that TNA will rehire her in a second, I can almost guarantee that is what they are planning to do already. I am sure they didn't want to let her go in the first place, but would've gotten in trouble if they didn't.

I come on Wrestlezone and the 1st thing I see is BREAKING NEWS Angelina Love Released from TNA what a Shocker but I honestly think the beauitul people thing was gunna come to an end because out of all 3 of them Love Sky and Rayne I honestly think Velvet Sky is the hottest out of all of them yeah Love has the bleached blonde hair but Velvet Sky is HOT.

I occasionally visit the impact zone, and the highlight whenever i go there is the beautiful people entrance. I just hope that Velvet and Madison continue this tradition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back