Angle Unmasks the Aces & Eights VP; Revealed to be D'Lo Brown

Goddamnit, just reveal Eric Bischoff as the leader already, have him take over TNA again, and start the next cycle of TNA booking. Don't get me wrong, I think the above idea is horrible. But it's obviously where we're headed; TNA clearly had a plan for this A/8's angle, and they are going to see it through, even if there is no one watching by the time it's over.

The goal of television isn't "to make sense". Any idiot writer can create false suspense by creating a story, then revealing it piece by piece in episodic form. The goal is to entertain people. If you're entertained by this, save your self some money on the cable bill and go buy a roll of bubble wrap.

Goddamnit, just reveal Eric Bischoff as the leader already, have him take over TNA again, and start the next cycle of TNA booking. Don't get me wrong, I think the above idea is horrible. But it's obviously where we're headed; TNA clearly had a plan for this A/8's angle, and they are going to see it through, even if there is no one watching by the time it's over.

The goal of television isn't "to make sense". Any idiot writer can create false suspense by creating a story, then revealing it piece by piece in episodic form. The goal is to entertain people. If you're entertained by this, save your self some money on the cable bill and go buy a roll of bubble wrap.

I too wish they'd just hurry up and get it over with. I also agree that they're going to reveal Eric Bischoff as President of the club, or Jeff Jarrett possibly. They'll go on as if they've rocked the entire wrestling world to its foundation, the President will declare that Aces & Eights are truly taking over, and we'll have a good 6 to 12 month run in which this angle does revert to the worn out faction wars/corporate power struggle stuff.

As far as all the "makes sense" stuff goes, I agree that huge gaps in logic hurt the product sometimes, but so does having a heel faction comprised of irrelevant nobodies. If some are into this whole deal, more power to you I guess. I also agree that the build for Lockdown has been atrocious. This is the second of TNA's four ppvs, not counting the One Night Only stuff which will probably have little to no impact given the "One Night Only" concept, and you'd expect that the company would at least try to give these shows a meaningful feeling.

In the big sense of things, has to be Bully Ray. That would explain why he was in the office with his "brother" Devon. Bully Ray beats Hardy at Lockdown and becomes new World Champion. Seems pretty clear cut to me.

I'm so going to LOL if it's Ray. It will keep know it alls like you from spewing their ignorance on the internet. You act like the segement couldn't been taped? SMGDH.

You are correct. It's most likely going to be Bully Ray as the VP. I hope it will be just so Spinebreaker will have egg yolk on his face.

I can't wait to rip you when it's Bully behind the mask.

Oh and yea....it's bully and you're going to get ripped a new one.

The silence is literally deafening.

Has any of the reveals except for taz been a surprise? It just seems like TNA has no clear plan regarding this angle. I know some will say that is nothing new and perheaps they are right but I like TNA and tgis angle is floundering IMO

While I agree that D'lo doesn't seem ideal, or to add much. TNA clearly DOES have a massive plan. They set D'lo up for this angle months ago with briscoe's gut-check shenanigans. They do have a plan...

Yeah, I expected it to be D'Lo, but I was really hoping it would be Abyss or Bully Ray. Neither made sense, but the shock factor would have been so much greater and people would be alot more interested than it being Brown.

TNA has obviously stuck to their original plan, because it all links to D'Lo getting onto the Gut Check panel to give Wes Brisco the contract to join TNA, and he has been playing the VP on backstage segments for a while.

However, the fact that he is another retired wrestler, out of shape and was never any kind of a mega star has just made this reveal into a damp squib. It does make sense, in the fact that he had backstage influence and could help Aces & Eights get a foothold in TNA but from an entertainment standpoint it sucks.

Is D'Lo going to get in the ring? I doubt it, and if he does will he be any good? I doubt it. I am very disappointed in this, the Aces & Eights angle has dragged on for a long time now with very little exciting stuff happening, and the BIG reveal turns out to be this...pretty poor to be honest. It's just a group of nobodies and Mr Anderson. FFS TNA, you better have something big to give this angle a shot in the arm. I hope to see Bully Ray join in the near future.

I understand why everyone is laughing at TNA but storyline wise it makes sense. Getting a guy in management is huge for building the gang. Even though we knew all along, now its official we know what happen the night of the Wes Briscoe "Gut Check" and why D-Lo was apart of it. I'm still fully expecting Dvon to help Bubba on SUnday and Bubba joining Aces n 8's.

I do agree. it is good for Aces/Eights to have a management person in the group. it can explain how they first got access. I have no problem with him being in the group. but not as the VP, the 2nd most important person in the group. what?!

I was thinking of something else. now with D'Lo being the VP, it would seem the only person left to reveal is the President. but what if there is more? I would think the President is the person in charge, the authority person, and unlikely not an active wrestler? more like Eric Bischoff or Jeff Jarrett? but what if there is also another wrestler? say Bully turns at Lockdown to be reveal he is Aces/Eights. he doesn't need to be the President, or even the Vice President. he could just be the lead wrestler.

That's what i call a messed up situation. I don't have a problem with DLO being a member, but the guy that Angle unmasked had white skin as you can tell if you go back and watch closely. And that guy in reality was Parks, but they are playing it that it was DLO that Kurt Angle seen, he was saying "that's him, that's him". The good news though that most people seem to have missed, is DLO said that he is "A" VP, he didn't say THE VP. So i guess later on Parks will be revealed as a VP also, and that will be good since people know he and DLO both have been under the VP mask. They just screwed up by having Parks under the mask instead of DLO during the battle when Angle took off the mask. I guess at that time maybe they had planned on revealing Parks first, but oh well...

I went back and watched a video from youtube. I think D'Lo said THE and not A. he says.. the fact of the matter is, D'Lo Brown is (the/a) VP of Aces and Eights. I'm pretty sure he said THE and not A.
I would think that makes sense. can only have 1 Vice President, right?

I see a swerve coming at Lockdown. D'Lo is most likely in the group but not the VP. I expect the real VP to be annouced this Sunday. So everyone can get their panties out of a wad now.

I know it's obvious, but him being VP makes him 2nd in command. The leader would be the president right. So D'Lo isn't "the higher power" do to speak.

I went back and watched a video from youtube. I think D'Lo said THE and not A. he says.. the fact of the matter is, D'Lo Brown is (the/a) VP of Aces and Eights. I'm pretty sure he said THE and not A.
I would think that makes sense. can only have 1 Vice President, right?

nah, he says A VP, he doesn't say THE.. i just re-watched it also

one vice president would make sense, but there have been 2 people playing VP and one more VP will be revealed

The fact that TNA announced D'Lo Brown as VP -- a guy who is, at least, 10 years out of his prime (probably more) -- is unbelievable. It just seems like they have no clue where they really want to take this angle, so they're booking it by the seat of their pants. The angle has dragged on for way too long and has been fizzling; D'Lo Brown -- who most of the fans don't particularly care about -- isn't going to do anything to help this floundering angle either. If anything, last night was the final nail in the coffin for the Aces and Eights angle. Listen, I have nothing against D'Lo Brown, not at all, but why should I care about him as VP of Aces and Eights, which has been the most prevalant angle in TNA for quite some time now?

This whole thing just reeks of TNA over complicating a simple angle, because they have to swerve the fans, brother. It's the same thing every time -- TNA ends up building angles around old stars and hoping that nostalgia (I guess) will be enough to cover up the obvious laziness and illogical booking. I mean, D'Lo Brown? Really? I don't want to see another retired wrestler wrestle, nor do I want to keep seeing guys well out of their prime take the spotlight, rather than seeing those chances go to people who can help TNA in the long run. What's the payoff with D'Lo Brown as VP? I really just don't get it.

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble but ... this is a completely logical move. Aces and Eights is clearly going for people in TNA management, and Mr.Anderson. Whether it was D-Lo, Snow or Prichard - it made no difference. They needed people like D-Lo and like Taz to pull the strings backstage whenever required.

Storyline wise, it's logical. Is it disappointing? Yes, absolutely.

The problem with those mystery men storylines in pro wrestling in general, is also their biggest strength. They make fans who should it be, who could it be, who would it be. And, as nature has it, we think in order of who'll be the most exciting, not logical.

Unfortunately, TNA doesn't REALLY have anyone more exciting than D-Lo, or anyone who the IWC won't bitch the fuck out. That's their fault.

Besides, I'm so numbed by the whole stupidity of this angle that this can't even piss me off at this point. It would be a downer IF the guys to come before D-Lo weren't people like Taz Bischoff's sperm, Wes Briscoe and his fabulous hair and whatever's left of Mr.Anderson.

This is completely logical, storyline wise, but the storyline is bullshit at this point. The WORST part is that even AJ Styles, who'll most likely end up being in it, will have his return ruined by being associated with these people.

Either that, or that Aces and Eights member AJ was speaking to was a rat and AJ is working AGAINST Aces and Eights, and Bully ends up being the president.

Gentlemen and brothers....

TNA's creative shit is on, and you know what Russo's any episode was far better than this absolutely dumb programming and totally uninteresting Story-lines. You guys will go on bashing Russo for those soap-opera storylines, but the fact is it still had some interesting stuffs in it. It kept people guessing. Look today, whats happening in TNA, the creative is doing the most awful, uninteresting invasion storyline Wrestling industry has ever seen. TNA has good wrestling but creatively it sucks now. Go on and bash me. But I said the truth. People are fed up of these totally uninteresting creative angles. Making a person who is almost 10 years out of active wrestling, a VP of a gang, who are trying to invade TNA, is the most idiotic thing I have ever imagined. Brown is VP. That's what the creative had best. Damn, God. Stupidest thing. Prichard Sucks. His writing sucks.

I was in the Impact Zone for D'lo's reveal and it got a zero pop. The Zone had a much higher population of real wrestling fans than usual because of it being the last show from there. The reaction of the fans around me was pure disappointment and bitching about how stupid it was. I was a big fan of Aces & 8's up to the point where Bischoff and Brisco were revealed which proved A & 8's really is the job squad.

Ric-Flair.jpg

I have been pondering it all after the disappointing reveal of D'lo & a number of others. I think perhaps TNA got a sniff of some big names becoming available from WWE or ROH and they decided to set up a vehicle to introduce them ie: Aces & Eights. Probably why it dragged on for so long , trying to get deals done. Somewhere along the way things went astray, they couldn't sign who they hoped so they had to look inwards & grab who they could to fill the spots. I suspect thats why Brisco & Garrett B were added. Maybe they had some young talent lined up that never eventuated & when they couldn't get the deal done they had those two floating around with no real stories for them & so added them instead. Likewise with D'lo. Probably someone they thought they had lined up fell through at the eleventh hour. Hopefully Eric Bischoff won't be revealed as the main man. Thats too predictable. Perhaps theres a non wrestling manager type out there they will get a deal done with like a Paul Heyman or something? If not then they'll probably default to Bischoff. The reveals don't tie up any loose ends either, for example the disappearance of Abyss. Is that going to be tied up or ignored?

I think perhaps TNA got a sniff of some big names becoming available from WWE or ROH and they decided to set up a vehicle to introduce them ie: Aces & Eights. Probably why it dragged on for so long , trying to get deals done. Somewhere along the way things went astray, they couldn't sign who they hoped so they had to look inwards & grab who they could to fill the spots. I suspect thats why Brisco & Garrett B were added. Maybe they had some young talent lined up that never eventuated & when they couldn't get the deal done they had those two floating around with no real stories for them & so added them instead. Likewise with D'lo.

I highly doubt that is the case since all three have been masked gang members from the very beginnings of the angle. If you go back to the first few months of the angle. D'Lo was there as was Wes. Garrett I'm unsure of but he was definitely in from at least October onwards (when Wes started showing up with Angle).

You guys will go on bashing Russo for those soap-opera storylines, but the fact is it still had some interesting stuffs in it. It kept people guessing.

Has the Aces & Eights angle not been keeping us guessing from the outset? It has had much discussion because of the mystery. And it has had shocking moments. Nobody knew that Devon was going to be in, same with Taz.

It has been overall bad but I prefer this to 2010 TNA that's for sure.

As for VP I was really hoping it was Joseph Park (hey, he can still be the President!) but ah well. D'Lo, keeping him as VP makes me think they DO have a plan.... I just hope they deliver. D'Lo's promo wasn't half bad either. I'm wondering if he can go in the ring. He looks like he has lost some weight as the angle has gone on so I hope he is getting back inring shape. The only move I can remember VP doing was a sick clothesline on Aries when they broke his arm.

Remember though , mate that it doesn't actually have to be the guy udner the mask who is later revealed. They could hav ehad masked guys there as stand ins while they tried to get a deal done. When that didn't happen, they had no choice but to reveal who was playing the part at the time.

and out of left field how do we know that D'lo is actually VP? "HE" said he was! Not Kurt remember. Who did Kurt see? Was it D'lo? Just because he said he was doesn't make it so. Maybe hes a member of the group, and hes protecting the real VP's identity by claiming to be him. (I knwo I've got too much time on my hands. Quiet day at work!)

Evidently my last post went as spam, so let me "explain" myself because obviously I have to explain what we all saw last night. After last night's show, it appears that AJ Styles may be the leader of Aces n Eights. When they cut to the scene in Georgia when he said "get out of here", the individual he was talking with on the porch was in a black leather vest, with patch, in the style of Aces and Eights. They have gone out of their way to mention his motorcycle, with his wife saying "he's changed." AJ was the poster boy for TNA so a move like this, going completely against the company could work.

Matt Morgan showed up for the first time in a while, and mentioned how much he's gunning for Hogan, then a week later attacks Hardy.

Robert Roode has been unavailable, Aries has made it very obvious he is unaware of where his partner is.

AJ makes his first appearances, in months, and he's rockin' a biker look and hanging out with bikers.

I think all these are deliberate 'possibilities' added to the storyline in recent weeks.

Evidently my last post went as spam, so let me "explain" myself because obviously I have to explain what we all saw last night. After last night's show, it

Sorry mate, I won't se eit until tonight (saturday) as the show plays out ehre on Saturday nights, so I'm only going on what I've read thus far.

Has the Aces & Eights angle not been keeping us guessing from the outset? It has had much discussion because of the mystery. And it has had shocking moments. Nobody knew that Devon was going to be in, same with Taz.

It has been overall bad but I prefer this to 2010 TNA that's for sure.
I dunno. 2010 was "we're trying, REALLY hard here", and at least got people interested. (Yes, I know there are a couple people still into the A/8 storyline. Someone has to be on the far left side of the intelligence bell curve.)

One thing that's been driving me nuts here, however, is how people try to justify A/8 by saying 'it makes sense', or 'it was surprising'. "Making sense" is supposed to be a bare minimum; taking a shit in the ring is surprising. Neither is good. Nobody knew that Devon or Taz would be in A/8, and furthermore, no one has cared.

The A/8 storyline is that old, decrepit dog that keeps pissing on the floor. Everyone knows it needs to be put to sleep, but there's the one ******ed child who can't bear the thought of putting it out of its misery.

D-Lo Brown can't save this angle, because he's just another irrelevant career scrub. At this point, I'm starting to think nothing will save the Aces & Eights storyline, because it's beyond salvageable now.

I THOUGHT Tazz had a chance of being the saving grace, but he's just more obnoxious and unbearable on commentary now. And what's going to happen if Eric Bischoff or Jarrett are revealed as the leaders? We're going to have to hear some long-winded promo about TNA screwing them over and a diabolical plan for vengeance. And that'll lead to another tired and worn out faction wars storyline. It's really deflating, and I'm beyond the stage of having a positive outlook for Aces & Eights' future.

The Aces & Eights angle has been dead in the water for months now, and they've beaten this dead horse down to the bone.

This probably won't go through the way it appears, but if D Lo was the person that angle had unmasked as the VP then logically wouldn't he have gone right after him and tried to fight him too when he was scrapping with Brisco? The way I saw it it kind of came across as he "thought" that D Lo was just trying to break stuff up and not really a threat. I would think that logically if D Lo was the person Angle unmasked that he would have been more worried about taking him out than Wes Brisco, right? It would make it more believable at this point if D lo was just covering for the VP when he spoke up and Angle comes out and outs the real VP as someone else. But the way things have been going they will probably just go with it with D Lo as VP. If that is the case and the leader is like Bischoff or Jarrett then we will have just another disappointing mystery stable and recycled storyline which doesn't live up to expectations like "they" in my opinion.

actually after the scuffle with Briscoe when DLO was holding Briscoe, Angle was saying "that's him, that's him" pointing at DLO.... in reality Parks was the man unmasked, but they are playing it like it was DLO that Angle saw

Man this is old, D'lo was obvious right from the start, they had D'Lo appear on TV more when Aces and Eights started and despite the voice correction it was blatantly obvious it was him as the leader.

This has to end, they are achieving nothing, this group that is taking over has been "taking" over for how many months now and has done absolutely nothing. Taken only 1 title and made it irrelevant, attacked people but obviously not hard enough since they come back a few weeks later from supposed broken bones. And they have no power, they still abide by TNA matchups.

No Sense Making they are. Not to mention all the member are nobodies, with exception of Mr "irrelevant" Anderson, Taz "is gonna bore you" and D'Lo that was a grate part of the Attitude Era.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back