Another WWE Network special bound to happen

BringThePain834

Getting Noticed By Management
CSRC4q2UYAA5w3W.jpg

Announced just today, Brock Lesnar will be wrestling on a major house show on Dec. 19 at The Forum in Los Angeles, CA.

The match is part of his new contract where, besides a few PPV and television shows, he agreed to work scattered house shows. In the past, all of his house show appearances (July at Sumo Hall in Tokyo against Kofi Kingston and October in Madison Square Garden against Big Show) also became WWE Network live special events.

WWE has not run shows at The Forum in recent memory as the L.A. Sports Arena, the Honda Center and the Staples Center have been the venues of choice in the Los Angeles and Orange County area over the last two decades.

There is advertising out listing both Cena and Lesnar for the 12/19 date, indicatating Cena will be returning a week before his prior first advertised date of Dec. 26 as MSG, making this a pretty big house show

I'm most likely going to attend this show, and this has Network Special written all over it. Just don't have his opponent be Big Show again and I'll be happy. I'd like to see either Sheamus, Rusev, Del Rio, or just multiple guys at once such as Stardust and The Ascension.

I agree. Since Lesnar is advertised for this show, it'll most likely be a live special like the Tokyo and MSG shows due to Lesnar's special status. Each special had something of a theme, the Tokyo show was the first WWE broadcast to air live from Japan & also marked Lesnar's first match in Japan in a decade, Lesnar's bout against Big Show was his first match in MSG in over a decade.

Los Angeles is a hot crowd, but the downside of these specials, or at least the MSG special I should say, is that time was taken to building it whereas time was taken away from building a ppv. At the same time, if this show airs on the network, it'll happen after the TLC event and that's the last WWE ppv of the year.

A problem with making Lesnar look like a monster in these specials is that it's kinda redundant now. WWE's made him look like an untouchable monster for almost 2 years now. He ended Taker's undefeated WrestleMania streak at WrestleMania XXX, he handed Cena the single most lop sided defeat of his entire career simultaneously winning the WWE Championship the 4th time in his career, holding said title for 8.5 months, decimated whomever he went up against, only lost the title due to the technicality of the MITB briefcase & wasn't the one pinned to lose the title, savaged poor Seth Rollins at Battleground, reignited his feud with Taker that ultimately ended last Sunday with Lesnar earning a decisive win over Taker in HIAC. Just about the only way to make Lesnar more formidable than he already is would be for him to take out everyone on the roster single handedly.

A problem with making Lesnar look like a monster in these specials is that it's kinda redundant now.

That's true, yet it occurs to me that if they want to keep Brock on that path, the 'network special' plan is a good way to do it. As it is, one can say that Brock is only loosely allied with WWE; his infrequent appearances assure us (and the rest of the WWE roster) of that. The only tie seems to be the opponents he faces......and even at that, his last feud was with Undertaker, who himself has only been nominally tied to WWE the past few years.

So, if Brock wants to be isolated from the rest of the roster, this is a hell of a good way to do it; put him in 'special' house shows and make no secret that the whole event will be built around him. After all, no one thought Big Show was going to beat Brock at MSG, did they? No, the intention was to have Brock as the featured attraction. Mission accomplished.

Of course, it's a good thing that Brock appears more in WWE rings than before he finally shot down UFC. But can you imagine the king's ransom Vince McMahon must be paying him now?

Boggles the mind.

Each special had something of a theme, the Tokyo show was the first WWE broadcast to air live from Japan & also marked Lesnar's first match in Japan in a decade, Lesnar's bout against Big Show was his first match in MSG in over a decade.

I think that the theme of this would be the first WWE event at The Forum, since they haven't done a show there to my knowledge

Yeah it would be a big house show because of the star power of John Cena & Brock Lesnar.....
But this Brock should be fighting with a much good wrestler than Kofi & Big Show.....
He should fight against the former client of his advocate Paul Heyman... i mean Antonio Cesaro or maybe Barrett/Sheamus as a team

CSRC4q2UYAA5w3W.jpg

I'm most likely going to attend this show, and this has Network Special written all over it. Just don't have his opponent be Big Show again and I'll be happy. I'd like to see either Sheamus, Rusev, Del Rio, or just multiple guys at once such as Stardust and The Ascension.

Brock vs. Sheamus would be good. Both big athletic strong big men plus Sheamus could afford a loss since he got the MITB briefcase.

It would be nice to see Lesnar in more than a squash on one of these. It's also an opportunity to start sowing the seeds of his WrestleMania opponent.

I know Lesnar had been built into an unbeatable beast, but does that preclude any offence being brought in? Looking at you in Japan, Kofi.

There's a thought, Lesnar vs Kofi II or vs Big E. Maybe have Lesnar get jumped by New Day during his entrance, therefore explaining how the New Day member is able to get offence in and more importantly gifting us an actual wrestling match?

I like Brock vs Sheamus, even a loss here (if booked correctly) could help Sheamus begin to build some momentum.

It's tough for WWE to maintain this facade that Lesnar is indestructible while actually letting him wrestle some matches. It doesn't have to be, the thought of a legit fighter in a scripted form of entertainment is laughable. Whoever faces Brock in December, give him some damn offence. It's wrestling for crying out loud, it's sweaty men in tights tossing each other around. Let Lesnar sell a little before suplexing his way to victory.

Brock Lesnar vs. Kane would make sense. Lesnar needs a monster feeder, and that has been Kane's role for the last 15 years. The same idea of Lesnar vs. Big Show at the MSG Special. It would be believable for Kane to get a bit of offense in, before getting absolutely rekt by Lesnar. The loss won't really hurt Kane at all, and the win helps build Brock up for the Rumble.

I dont agree with wasting Brock vs. Sheamus on a live event special like this. With Sheamus holding MITB, he will eventually be in the World Title picture, and Brock is fucking Brock so he can be there whenever he wants to be. Sheamus vs. Brock could be built up into a match that could actually draw on a real PPV rather than a throwaway special event. Sheamus is an athletic big man with an impressive physique and a unique look. He matches up perfectly against Lesnar. Save it for a bigger show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back