WWE announces Network Special taking place in Hawaii

BringThePain834

Getting Noticed By Management
ybPYrMy.jpg

WWE announced today that they will return to Hawaii for the first time in almost seven years on June 29th for a show at the Neal Blaisdell Arena in Honolulu. In addition to that, it was announced that the show will be broadcasted live on the WWE Network. Superstars advertised include Shinsuke Nakamura, WWE NXT Women's Champion Asuka, WWE Women's Champion Charlotte, WWE World Heavyweight Champion Roman Reigns, WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day, Bray Wyatt, Chris Jericho, Kevin Owens, AJ Styles, The Usos, and Brock Lesnar. Tickets for the event will go on sale on Friday, April 22nd.

Things like this right here are what WWE Network Specials are all about. Going to broadcast at places that usually aren't broadcasted at and putting on a successful show for those fans. It absolutely has to be all hands on deck for this show. And here's what makes this show special. One, WWE has never broadcasted in Hawaii, and two, Brock Lesnar has never wrestled there. I think this'll be a very fun show and think that either Kevin Owens or Chris Jericho will be facing Brock here. I also expect the name Bash at the Beach to be used for this event.

Looks like it will be a great show as most of the Network specials turn out to be. I'm not so sure I share your love for Lesnar anymore though.

I like the guy and there is no doubt he sells tickets, his matches have been increasing boring as he does the same move over and over again. He used to be much better and use a lot more moves. Not saying he's lazy but shit, suplex city is now down one resident.

Now that I think about, there is a lot more that I'd like to see from Lesnar's matches. I mean yeah, there are people that like the whole "Suplex City" thing and WWE has no intention to discontinue it anytime soon. (they even displayed the number for every time Brock did a suplex at WrestleMania, which was hilarious) Suplexes are okay, but WWE should start having him use different kinds of suplexes instead of just Germans and Belly to Bellys. T-Bones, Exploders, Pump Handles, Gutwrench, Captures, and Wheelbarrows are the kinds that would work for me.

I've never been let down by one of these Network specials, so I'm certainly looking forward to it. I wonder if this confirms that instead of a hypothetical Beast in the East II we're getting a similarly timed Takeover (in July), since there were a lot of rumors that they wanted to go back to Japan this summer. I'm sure of course the advertisement is subject to change but it does indicate a few interesting points, one of which is that the only two advertised women are Charlotte and Asuka - could be a non-title "dream match". But again, I'm sure all of that is subject to change.

They've started adding more names such as Gallows, Anderson, and Nattie. The biggest name out of the bunch that got added is John Cena. And it's becoming more and more obvious that only the people that are set to go on the Japan tour will be appearing at this show, which is weird because there aren't any other shows scheduled until July 1st, 2nd and 3rd for the other half of the roster. It would be a huge disappointment to not see the likes of Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch, Dean Ambrose, and Seth Rollins performing on this card. Just send the whole entire roster out to Hawaii, then fly the people that are going to Japan over to Japan and fly the other half of the roster to wherever they need to perform next.

Easy peasy.

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!

During tonight’s Raw, a commercial aired locally in Honolulu announcing that Brock Lesnar’s opponent at the live event taking place on June 29th at the Neal Blaisdell Arena will be Kevin Owens.

The commercial also included the announcement of John Cena vs Shinsuke Nakamura for the first time ever.

The following is more event information from the arena website:

Monday, April 25 – The WWE Live event scheduled for June 29th in the Blaisdell Arena has had overwhelming support from Hawaii. All currently available tickets have been purchased. Stay tuned as some production holds may be released as the show date nears.

WWE LIVE RETURNS TO OAHU JUNE 29

Tickets Available April 22nd!

For the 1st time in nearly 7 years, WWE LIVE will make a stop at Honolulu’s Blaisdell Arena on Wed, June 29, 2016. This will be your chance to see your favorite WWE Superstars and Divas LIVE! SEE: Roman Reigns, Chris Jericho, Bray Wyatt, New Day, Kevin Owens, The Usos, AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, Asuka, Charlotte plus many more!

WWE offers the best value in entertainment, with tickets starting at $20. Tickets to WWE LIVE go on sale Friday, April 22nd at 9:00 AM and are available at www.ticketmaster.com, Blaisdell Box office, area Ticketmaster Outlets, and charge-by-phone 1-800-745-3000.

This is gonna be the best show of the entire year. This is the new WrestleMania. There is NO WAY anything WWE puts out for the rest of the year is gonna top this show, not NXT, not anything.

I'd really want to see John Cena vs Nakamura in person. Owens vs Lesnar is neat just seeing these two guys in the ring together regardless of the outcome. These live specials are super cool.

The card could look like this:

*. Shinsuke Nakamura Vs. John Cena
*. Asuka Vs. Charlotte
*. Brock Lesnar Vs. Kevin Owens.
*. Bray Wyatt Vs. Roman Reigns
*. AJ Styles Vs. Chris Jericho
*. The New Day Vs. The Usos

This could be a great network special. It could easily compete with Roadblock which was highly entertaining. The first three matches are the most intriguing considering that they are facing first time.

I would have rather preferred this at a big PPV like Summerslam or Wrestlemania. Not sure how WWE protects the undefeated Asuka against Charlotte as I wouldn't want the latter to win.

I would have rather preferred this at a big PPV like Summerslam or Wrestlemania.

I think that these three matches being announced are completely justified and I don't understand the complaints I've been seeing amongst the entire internet. Considering how long it's been since WWE last went to Hawaii to perform (seven years), I don't think anybody deserves to see something as amazing as this card more than they do.

I think that these three matches being announced are completely justified and I don't understand the complaints I've been seeing amongst the entire internet. Considering how long it's been since WWE last went to Hawaii to perform (seven years), I don't think anybody deserves to see something as amazing as this card more than they do.
Well, I amn't complaining. And I agree that Hawaii deserves a good card. I was just advising that it could better be a big PPV easily. Would ya want to see Wrestlemania matches already in a network special? I am happy for all you guys as you would surely enjoy it but my only one point is that these could better be saved for big PPVs.

I am in no way against it. I agree to disagree with ya.

Oh now it's getting real interesting here.

A1mRBxy.png

It's been joked around the internet that WWE was turning into WCW. And now the fuckers are using one of their PPV's names. This is the beginning of the end WZ, the beginning of the end.

It's a great name for what is shaping up to be a good show. Who cares where the name came from, its not like things have been rehashed before. I'm eagerly awaiting watching this. If it's half as good as Roadblock was as I'm sure it will be, then I'm jealous I won't be there.

Oh now it's getting real interesting here.

A1mRBxy.png

It's been joked around the internet that WWE was turning into WCW. And now the fuckers are using one of their PPV's names. This is the beginning of the end WZ, the beginning of the end.
It's a perfect name they own the rights to. I fail to see the problem, please enlighten me.

The card was announced a while back if I'm not wrong buy I am so happy that they will air this show on the network. Excellent usage of the Network.

With lesnar going to fight in ufc 200, I really doubt that lesnar will wrestle on this show even if he was advertise since he's going to be in training and doing promotion for ufc. But still, it's a very good card even without lesnar on the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back