Are entrances a little TOO scripted?

Is Sanity's entrance too long?

• Yes, it's too long

• No, it's perfectly fine

• No, it's not long enough!

Results are only viewable after voting.
The likes of Roode and Nakamira have amazing entrances, with their themes and crowd participation etc.

But it seems that everyone in NXT has their set entrance, and week in week out there is NO variation whatsoever in any of their entrances.

It's almost like a pre-programmed video game. Take someone like Tye Dillinger, you have the exact same camera angles, he does the exact same movements in time with the exact points in his music, from beginning to end. It's pretty creepy how "robotic" everyone on the roster is in this regard.

Sanity, is another example. They follow the same script, motions, camera angles, music cues every single time. I think their entrance is way too long by the way. I wonder how many agree with me.

I think it was an interview with Dean Ambrose where he said he likes to change it up a little every time he walks out and I agree with that mentality. Right now you might as well play prerecorded entrances.

I will accept though that in the cases of Nakamura and Roode it's more appropriate, especially Roode since it makes sense for his egotistical character to do so and have every part of his entrance planned out.

I think that most of wrestling is scripted so yes, entrances are scripted for sure. Why change what works? It would throw the character off if their entrance changed without a face or heel turn.

In one word, Nopes.

It's just like saying that why Nakamura uses only Kinshasa as his finisher every match. For ne, it's all fine as I think that you're just exaggerating here. No offense but I don't agree with you.

You can always add to your entrance but not everyone is going to do it. Plus it isn't like if all entrances of different wrestlers are quite similar to each other.

These guys are preparing to tour as NXT or in WWE in front of changing live audiences who want to see these entrances the way they are meant to be seen. They have to perform in a wrestling ring doing dangerous stunts. They shouldn't have to think about mixing things up for the 18 people on internet who pay attention and care about these things.

ShinChan™;5626817 said:
In one word, Nopes.

It's just like saying that why Nakamura uses only Kinshasa as his finisher every match.

But what if Nakamura worked the exact same match every time? The same moves in the exact same order? That's what I'm getting at.

Austin always stood on the turnbuckle and did middle fingers but he didn't do it exactly the same way every single time.

Not really. Most entrances fit with the characters and personas the wrestlers are trying to get across. For instance, Nakamura's entrance with his strange mannerisms is all part of his unusual, but unique, charisma and it seems to work so if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Generally speaking, the entrances are low on the totem pole of things I worry or care about. If a wrestler has an entertaining character, if he/she is fun to watch inside the ring and I'm interested in what he/she is involved in, I couldn't care less if he/she came out wearing nothing but solid black boots, solid black tights and had no music whatsoever.

ヒュー G. レックション;5626821 said:
But what if Nakamura worked the exact same match every time? The same moves in the exact same order? That's what I'm getting at.

Austin always stood on the turnbuckle and did middle fingers but he didn't do it exactly the same way every single time.
As I said earlier, not everyone is going to renovate his entrance. The main thing is that they have different styles even in entrance. If the entrances were similar, I would've agreed. But that's not the case. Working the match exactly same is a different thing.

Matches are the main focus, atleast for me. Other things are just an icing on the cake. Be it entrance theme or style.

You're exactly right - entrances are so scripted now, it's like actually playing a video game. Come out on stage, do said pose, walk down the aisle with an awkward/uncomfortable look on your face, enter the ring with specific said way, walk across the ring to the corner, hop on the second rope, and pretend to point at random fans. The 2 worst that come to mind are Neville and Nikki Bella. Neville, by far, was the worst. He came off so rehearsed and scripted, it was ridiculous. But now that he's heel, I'm happy to see that's changed. In Nikki's case, all she focuses on is wiggling her hips, ripping off her top, and the funniest part, her uninspiring point to a fan in the crowd.

Technicly, the whole WWE is too scripted now but at the same time that's kinda how the fans that started watching during either the attitude era or after that have been condition too see.

What the current wrestling fanbase wants out of wrestling is stuff that look like what you would see in WWE 2k17. They really don'T care about it been too scripted or psychology in a match or the entrance as long as they have they're videogames style matches they are happy and that's o.k. in my opinion.

The golden era of Keyfabe is over and the guys are not as passionate about trying to make their character their own anymore, they rather just follow the script and get their paycheck and it shows. They're are some exception but for the most part that'S what wrestling as become as a whole and that'S why you get less and less peoples interested in watching the product.

People playing the WWE video games would put all this work and effort into creating their wrestlers, they'd line up music and mannerisms, so they'd have the look, music, entrance and then they'd let it start up, watch the entrance. then Exit the match. I've watched this behavior in streams, but even back in the WWF Attitude videogame days, I saw people do this.

NXT is just the next generation of this, the larger than life things, the HHH Water spit, the Undertaker's long walk etc... Entrances are part of the entertainment part of sports entertainment, so long intricate entrances are over.

Finn Balor's entrance was more over than Finn Balor, The 2nd biggest pop for anyone is when their music hits, the first biggest being a 3 count win, But, even then, the Road Warrior Pop is bigger than the win lately.

Plus with NXT being so full of smarks, you have them trying so hard to get themselves over that they're doing Disney Sing Along.

Entrances are over, But I think that they should only give over guys over entrances.
The last couple Takeovers have had longer entrance times than matches. I don't pay a monthly sub to watch neckbards in Bayley shirts singing Glorious.

I can't stand entrances at all these days. WAY too scripted and they take too long. I miss the old school wrestling days where they would just walk through the fans to get to the ring.

I get the OP's point, entrances like Nakamura and Roode are scripted, but awesome because the talent is so charismatic and over, the themes are awesome, and fan reaction sucks you into the moment and makes it an awesome experience to behold, be it in person or even just watching it on TV, it gets me pumped.

...then you have Sanity's entrance, and it's hard to sit through. Not that I don't like Nikki Storm and Eric Young, love them, but the music sucks, and they take too long getting to the ring, it's almost too cartoon-like for what they're supposed to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back