• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are Ted Turner and Eric Bishoff Hall of Fame Worthy?

shooter_mcgavin

Mid-Card Championship Winner
I was recently watching the Monday Night Wars documentary series in the WWE Network and it's great stuff, albeit repetitive and somewhat one sided.

What struck me though is did present Eric Bischoff and Ted Turner as trail blazers of the Wrestling industry in the 80's.

I guess we don't really need to discuss Bischoff too much since I think it's safe to say it's not a matter of if but when.

However Ted Turner is an interesting choice. In terms of contribution to the business Turner was able to prevent McMahon from getting a wrestling monopoly in the United States in the 80's and 90's and fought for Wrestling to be in his cable program even if Network execs wanted to get rid of wrestling.

Suffice to say Turner seems to be a guy that loves wrestling and fought tooth and nail for it until the AOL/Time Warner merger.

So my question is is Ted Turner HOF worthy? With the celebrity wing WWE has in their HOF which includes Pete Rose, Mr. T, Tyson, and Trump :)lmao:) I see no other celebrity and media mogul that should be inducted ahead of Turner.

Considering the very minor contributions of other celebrities and other wrestlers to the industry I would say that Turner is definitely HoF worthy. Turner may not have understood the logistics and production of a wrestling company, but he definitely enjoyed wrestling and was willing to invest much of his fortune into it.

Another good inductee is Heyman.

We could chat and argue all day about who is HOF 'Worthy', with the inductees that is in the WWE HOF just about anybody who has been in the ring or had some sort of connection to do with Wrestling is a candidate.

I think that would really depend on Ted Turner's willingness to put his name on that list of weirdos. I don't think that the WWE brass gives a damn about something petty like worthiness in terms of involvement with pro-wrestling. If Kevin Bacon asked to be a part of the WWE HOF, they'd give him a guest spot on Smackdown and induct him the year after.

I'm wondering if Ted has a small chip on his shoulder in regard to not being able to realize his dream of running a wrasslin' company. The WWE has no reason to be bitter or to assume that Ted doesn't have what it takes to be in the same club as William Perry. The Monday Night Wars were the best thing that ever happened to the WWE, and they're still milking it for all its worth on the Network.

Of course they are, even a guy like Vince has to give it up to those guys, Ted especially has a high place in Wrestling history and Eric does as well to be frank about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back