Who Wins This Match?

• Mick Foley

• Big E.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the Austin Region, Chicago Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illinois.

14-08212012-503403dbdc640.jpeg

WWE-Mick-Foley.jpg

#3. Mick Foley

Vs.

file_274439_8_Big_E.jpg

#30. Big E.

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Big E is a rising star, he's hilarious, he dances well, his command of the mic is excellent. He's got an amazing future ahead of him.

Sadly, Foley is better in every single way, including dancing funny. I'll take Foley in a walk.

As entertaining as I find Big E, he can't hold a candle to Mick Foley. Foley is a legend, one of the greatest in history, while E is a rising up and comer. While I see a good future ahead for Big E, I don't see him coming close to the legacy of Foley.
Have a nice day.

Mick Foley put his body through a physical form of hell for over two decades in every dark corner and bright spotlight of the world, for our entertainment.

Big E gyrated his hips and ate some cereal.

I vote Foley. He is entertaining as is Big E, just that Mick has done so much and two match of the year awards. Former world Champion take the ball for this one. Two Decades of hardcore match. Hell, he helped make Hell in a Cell what it is today with the Undertaker. Not even close.

The World's Biggest Unicorn is very high on my list of guys who make me happy while watching wrestling. Big E has a lot of potential and a natural charisma that few guys can have.

Foley on the other hand, had even more charisma and is even higher on my list of guys who I enjoy watching. I feel like this could be a good hard hitting match, and Foley would make Big E look like a world beater, but Foley would pull out the victory in the end.

BiG E has yet to prove that he can do anything entertaining outside of New Day. If you just did Cactus Jack, and not Mick Foley, Big E would still get steamrolled. Mick Foley, as I mentioned in the last WZ Tournament, richly deserves his place in the pantheon of the greats. Vote for Foley.

Big E is much entertaining than many other superstars as of now in WWE. His IC title reign which was shortlived albeit showed us how much intense he can be in the ring. Like Yaz mentioned, he has that natural charisma. Unfortunately, Mick Foley is a legend, God of Hardcore. The way he walks, grins, mocks everything is of different level than Big E. I would go with Mick Foley but this certainly was a tough decision to make as Big E has been one of my favourite wrestlers at present.

How has Foley not won one of these yet? That needs to happen soon. Big E may be entertaining, but even on his best day, I don't think he gets anywhere near Mick on his worst. Yes, I'm including his time in TNA here. Mick has beaten legends of the industry all over the globe, and given (literally) parts of his body to the sport. Big E isn't even in his league, but it'd be an interesting match-up of styles at least.

Big E has time on his side to get better than he is right now. Foley is already a legend. There is no real contest here in that Foley will go through the only debate is really which of the Faces of Foley are wrestling in this case

Big E has time on his side to get better than he is right now. Foley is already a legend. There is no real contest here in that Foley will go through the only debate is really which of the Faces of Foley are wrestling in this case

I think any of the 4 could beat Big E rather easily, but if I had to pick just one for the most entertaining match, it would be Dude Love. That would make for some serious comedy.

If it were Cactus Jack, or even Mankind, it wouldn't be very pretty for Big E.

I think any of the 4 could beat Big E rather easily, but if I had to pick just one for the most entertaining match, it would be Dude Love. That would make for some serious comedy.

If it were Cactus Jack, or even Mankind, it wouldn't be very pretty for Big E.

I'm not denying the balls out hardcore style that Cactus and to a lesser extent Mankind wrestled, but Big E wouldn't simply be murdered in the ring. Dude used to beat opponents so badly in NXT that he kept them down for the five count. No easy feat.

Sure Foley wins, but it would be no walk against the former power lifter.

I'm not denying the balls out hardcore style that Cactus and to a lesser extent Mankind wrestled, but Big E wouldn't simply be murdered in the ring.

This isn't even a hardcore match, so I wasn't worried about that. I was just thinking the amount of pain those characters can absorb, as opposed to the friendlier Dude Love gimmick. Nothing Big E could do would ever be enough to hurt him so bad he can't come back.

Mick has had PPV Championship main events with all four of his personas. All four personas were bigger deals than Big E. He has plenty of time to develop into a top tier guy, but he's nowhere near Mick's level yet.

Big E is really a good entertaining wrestler who possesses good mic-skills and his physique is good too. He is talented one too. His power brawling may ensure his dominace throughout this match.

But Mick Foley would surely win considering his toughness and hardcore fighting style.

E will eventually get the big belt. Unless a freak injury happens god forbid. He is great and will only get better with time.

Foley has got there and transcended to legend status. A guy who never should have made it this far became one of the most hardcore and hilarious wrestlers ever. Some make it being one of those things, Foley climbed the mountain being both.

Definitely a match I would love to watch, but Mick takes this one.

I love Big E. I can't remember the last time I laughed as hard at a wrestling show whenever he comes on screen. The guy is a natural comedian, so entertaining and no slouch in the ring either.

But he's not getting past Mick Foley in this tournament. Whether he shows up as Cactus Jack, Dude Love, Mankind or simply good ol' Mick, Foley is a true legend of the business who has a list of classic matches as long as my arm.

Big E may go on to be a legend, but he's doing the J O B in this one.

Foley to advance

Gotta give it to Foley as Big E isn't nearly a big enough star for Foley to lose to. I'm glad to see that Big E has been showing that he has more to offer than just being a big ol' slab of muscle, but he also has a big journey ahead of him before he can prove he could hang with someone as crazy and tough as Foley was.

Mick Foley's WWF title win is one of the greatest moments in the history of wrestling. Big E's career has been one of the greatest things about Raw in 2015. That should just about cover the disparity in these two. Glad Big E made the cut, but time to go home now.

Mick Foley's WWF title win is one of the greatest moments in the history of wrestling. Big E's career has been one of the greatest things about Raw in 2015. That should just about cover the disparity in these two. Glad Big E made the cut, but time to go home now.

This perfectly sums up everything there is to say about this match. If it were to happen right now, even with the real life aging Mick Foley, the support would still be behind him to win. Big E may get a better draw in one of these tournaments, when he goes back to being a singles wrestler, but for now, he's outclassed.

My favourite wrestler of all time I love Mrs Foley's Baby Boy and he put my ass on this forum ultimately.

I feel really bad for picking Big E over him in my bracket because I was expecting a LOT of folks who love the New Day enough to vote over a genuine legend.

I feel great that he's going through anyway.

Mick Foley will walk this. Unfortunately for Big E, the WWE doesn't have characters like Mick Foley anymore. Big E has never come up against anyone the likes of Mick Foley and, for that reason, the advantage has to go to the veteran. Foley proved that he would go through Hell and back to be successful and, ultimately, that is what he ended up doing. Mick has beaten better wrestlers than Big E has even faced at this point and he knows what it is like to handle the big matches.

Foley wins in a blow-out.

Yeah, this isn't a hard call. I do love Big E, but at this point in his career, his claim to fame is being the powerhouse of a great stable. Outside of an NXT title reign, he hasn't got the pedigree as a singles wrestler necessary to cut if here. Mick is a multiple time world champion, has participated in some of the best matches of all time, 9 years (9 years!) in a row the Best Brawler of the year from the Wrestling Observer...Mick is just one of the best to ever step in the ring, real talk. No question on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back