Backstage Talk on John Cena Possibly Leaving WWE for a Movie Career, Talents Joking

Chrome

Getting Noticed By Management
- There has been a lot of talk within WWE lately about John Cena's movie career. Some of the wrestlers have joked that Cena will start "bringing it via satellite" soon.

We noted that Cena will be missing several upcoming WWE events due to filming of The Nest and Trainwreck.

There have been people backstage speculating that if Cena's movie work takes off, given how banged up he is, he could be the next one to walk away from WWE for a Hollywood career in the next few years.

Source: PWInsider

If this is true, I think he would be better suited for a TV sitcom where he could play the same character year after year after year after year..

/sarcasm

all jokes aside, I highly doubt Cena would leave for Hollywood. If there's one thing you can't deny, it's his dedication to WWE..

But if for any reason this is true...

That would make him possibly the biggest hypocrite of all time after all the stuff he said about The Rock.

Can you smell it......

Hollywood Cena vs Hollywood Rock!! Thrice in a lifetime

Shane Black's redoing Predator - it's finally time for Cena to play Dutch. I love it when rumours from 2006 come true.

In other breaking news, there has been a lot of talk within WWE lately about CM Punk's decision to leave. Some wrestlers have joked that Punk will start "getting bored on his couch" soon.

We noted that Punk might miss several upcoming TV marathons of The Miracle on Ice movie and is currently watching marathons of Mash due to losing the remote.

There have been people backstage speculating that if Punk gets off the couch, given how bored he is from watching Mash marathons, he could be the next one to walk away from his couch and go to the store to buy a new remote.

Source: Same as PWInsider, I pulled it out of my ass.

I hate these "news" stories. All total bullshit.

I was skeptical initially but at the same time Batista keeps getting into films somehow, so I'm sure Cena could do it.

Meanwhile, I'll be not watching the fuck out of his films.

John Cena is 37 years old, has wrestled in the big leagues for a dozen years, and has been the guy for the last ten. Him leaving would be a smart career move at this point. There's a big difference if he leaves compared to a 30 year old Rock leaving.

And yes, Cena in Predator please.

Shane Black's redoing Predator - it's finally time for Cena to play Dutch. I love it when rumours from 2006 come true.

I would be game for this on one condition. When he covers his body in mud, he must turn to the camera & wave his hand in front of his face before going about his business. For the first time ever "You cant see me" will actually make sense.

Breaks the fourth wall & gives the crowd a moment to chant along. Good times at the cinema.

Барбоса;4942621 said:
A Predator reboot does seem like a WWE Films project though.

Not even remotely. WWE reboot Leprechaun films and make forgettable thrillers. They couldn't be a part of a larger franchise like Predator.

Everyone that makes it to the top has a strong dedication at one point... But when you see much better prospects in front of your very eyes, its hard to stay dedicated.

Its somewhat like very dedicated people too ending up cheating on their partners over better prospects... okay, bad example. Moving on...

I'm certain Cena considers himself just as talented as The Rock. So watching The Rock's popularity, and with each movie, as his acting skills and popularity improve and he climbs up the ladder of action stars, he will think that very soon he'll be among the top too. And that feeling might convince him that he doesn't need to wrestle anymore and go full time at it.

As much as I'd love for John Cena to leave and give some of the younger guys a chance to take his spot, him leaving would be a pretty dick move. Be the top guy for as long as he has and doesn't go into his twilight years to put over the younger dudes like Sting; Triple H & Kurt Angle have been doing for the last few.

Either way, any way to move John Cena away from being the ultimate top dog would be great for me. I'm a very tolerable man but I've had more than my fill of Cena being the guy. If heading to Hollywood means this happens then so be it.

I was skeptical initially but at the same time Batista keeps getting into films somehow, so I'm sure Cena could do it.

John Cena is generic jacked white guy #810976. If you notice, big hulking generic white guys aren't exactly huge sellers at the box office.

Cena going to Hollywood for a while is not a bad thing. I'm not a Cena hater because I respect his work ethic and of course, his charity involvement. However, his persona is stale to pretty much anyone over the age of 15. His absence would allow, if not force, WWE into a position to really (really) build some new stars and the time off WWE programming would allow creative to craft a more mature persona for his return.

Really, it's about time to take off the cargo shorts and bright color schemes. Cena is in his mid 30's and looks kind of goofy wearing his Sunday BBQ clothes as wrestling attire. A 15-time world champion should not dress and act like a teenager going to his first day of summer camp.

Just my opinion.

Can we make something fairly clear: the "talk" of this has been limited to WZ. This isn't the first or the last time that rumors are started here. Cena's movie career has been very limited and mostly short, small run theater and straight to DVD movies. He cannot be compared to the Rock. Dwayne Johnson started out in a big movie franchise, got a spin off from it, and went onward and upward from there.

The Rock's early Hollywood career included films such as The Scorpion King, Be Cool and Doom. 21 Rounds was already better than any of those.

This

Falina "Red" Reznikov;4943013 said:
As much as I'd love for John Cena to leave and give some of the younger guys a chance to take his spot, him leaving would be a pretty dick move. Be the top guy for as long as he has and doesn't go into his twilight years to put over the younger dudes like Sting; Triple H & Kurt Angle have been doing for the last few.

Sure, but who would you have him put over?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back