Bands, albums, and songs you're ashamed to admit you like

Serious Mozzarella

Special Victims Unit
So I've recently gotten the courage to finally admit that I liked Evanescence's first album:

evanescence_fallen.jpg

Now, at first, I hated this band due to the lead singer's awful, whiny voice. But after listening to it more and more, the band playing behind her is... really fucking good. It was so good, in fact, that I've learned to listen past the singer, and when you do that, she actually kind of blends with the music.

I've had this album on repeat for the past two days.

ITT what are some songs, bands, or albums that, until now, you've been ashamed to admit you like.

I hate admitting it because I am a dude but sometimes I enjoy listening to Kesha. I don't know why but her songs seem so catchy to me like tic toc and your love is my drug. I am very embarressed to listen to it on the radio when I am riding in the car. So my fellow posters, you guys are the first to know I like Kesha.

By the way great thread!:)

So I've recently gotten the courage to finally admit that I liked Evanescence's first album

There was some pretty good songs on that album. As good as Amy Lee's voice actually is, I dont like it, but I do like some of the music on "Fallen". "Going Under" and "My Last Breath" (Christian Cage used this without the words for his TNA entrance music) are two good examples.

I have to admit I still occasionally rock my old Limp Bizkit albums, usually Chocolate Starfish and Significant Other. As much as I now can see, being older, how immature and stupid some of the lyrics are, I still find myself singing along to pretty much every song, especially "My Generation", "My Way" and "Nookie".

When people find out I still listen to the Bizkit they usually laugh, but often admite later that they still like them too. Its cool to slag off Fred Durst now..but he is a dick...but Bizkit as a band are still fine to listen to.

Same with Kid Rock. I still like the guy, not so much his "Rock n Roll Jesus" album (apart from "So Hott", as I dont really like country music), but his earlier "Devil Without A Cause", "Cocky", "History of Rock" and "Kid Rock" albums are all favourites of mine. The guy can rap, he has some good riffs in his songs and in the later stuff he can show he can actually sing. The self titled album and his country stuff show this.

Yeah, I know he absolutely loves himself and would definately fuck himself up the ass if he could, and almost all his songs are about himself and how he is a pimp/player/womaniser/god but I still enjoy listening to them. In facy, Kid Rock is one of the concerts I would most like to go to.

Honestly, there aren't any songs/bands/albums I would be ashamed of. I am however, extremely ashamed that I (apparently) used to like the Backstreet Boys and N-Sync when I was a young pup. I actually found this out just today when I found a B-Boys CD in the house, and my dad told me I used to be an avid listener, and would sing their songs all the time around the house.

Aint that a bitch?

Honestly, there aren't any songs/bands/albums I would be ashamed of. I am however, extremely ashamed that I (apparently) used to like the Backstreet Boys and N-Sync when I was a young pup. I actually found this out just today when I found a B-Boys CD in the house, and my dad told me I used to be an avid listener, and would sing their songs all the time around the house.

Aint that a bitch?

Nah man, everyone liked a bit of Backstreet back in the day! Most people I know like a few of their tracks from back when we were 9 or 10 haha. I can remember driving to France on a summer holiday with the family and everyone in the car singing along to "Quit Playing Games With My Heart"! haha!

See, I have about 5 BB tracks on the ipod, but I dont class them as something to be embarrased by, I just think its funny. I have never had anyone laugh at me for having them, most of the time if my friends see them they tend to put the songs on and have a laugh about liking them as kids. They are the sort of harmless band that noone can really hate.

After a few beers at a house party, its always enjoyable when someone sticks on a cheesy 90s pop song and everyone starts dancing around. You cant beat Backstreet Boys, Five or Chumbawumba- Tubthumping for this!

Haha I remember the backstreet boy days. I still have their "Black And Blue" album. Dont hate "Shape of my heart" is killer!. Anyway some songs i used to be ashamed that i liked were songs off of video games. I always got made fun of for having "Simple and Clean" from the game kingdom hearts on my mp3 player. I guess some im ashamed to like NOW would have to be rihanna or justin timberlike type artists. You know those artists that when people see your listening to a song by them are like freaking shocked cause its not what you normally listen to? Well my opinion is fuck it if it sounds good and i like it ill go through a mall parking lot with the windows down blast the pokemon theme song if i feel like it

Aint that a bitch?

Same here, I used to love n-sync and Aaron Carter for some reason.

Backstreet Boys were shoved down my throat as a kid as I grew up with two sisters that were older (I have brothers but they weren't around much). I spent most of my time with them and they were obsessed like every other pre-teen girl was. Although some songs stuck with me and I'll listen to embarrassingly.

One artist I'm kind of embarrassed about is Kelly Clarkson. I don't have her albums but I have several of her singles on my mp3 player. I think she has a good voice and has some relatable lyrics.

I'm also embarrassed that I am still a little bit of a Juggalo. I loved all that shit a few years ago but realized most of it sucked and is a joke. I still listen to some cd's though like Twiztid's Freak Show and the first Dark Lotus cd.

Also I like some Emo. I know, I know. I love Taking Back Sunday, Thursday, We Came as Romans. I can listen to the entire first Taking Back Sunday album and never get sick of it. I get some shit from my friends for this as most of them are into metal and punk. But they have good lyrics and are catchy as shit.

I don't really get embarrassed but I feel the need to explain myself to my friends when they see me sing along to "Sexy Back" in a mall store. I used to never leave my comfort zone around friends. Strictly classic rock, hard rock and grunge but in recent years it's more like, "Whatever".

Fiona Apple - Loved "Criminal" from her first album and I own her most recent, "Extraordinary Machine".

Adam Lambert - His cover of "Ring of Fire" is amazing, no disrespect to The Man in Black of course.

Brandon Flowers - There isn't a lot from The Killers I like but I loved his recent solo album, "Flamingo".

One hit Wonders - Juice Newton, Chris Issak, Leo Sayer, Crash Test Dummies (just not my friends cup of tea and frankly, surprised it's mine)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back