Becky Lynch the perfect foil to Ronda Rousey

No Count Pup

Just call on me brother
If you recall 1998, a classic Raw segment pitting Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Mike Tyson captivated the audience. Tyson was hailed as the "Baddest man on the planet" and Stone Cold took exception. Fast forward 20 years, Ronda Rousey is an unstoppable force in the Women's Division. While some fans are pining to see Ronda Rousey vs. Charlotte Flair at WrestleMania, I think the fan energy would be off the charts for Ronda Rousey vs. Becky Lynch. Rousey never retreats, and neither does Lynch. Do you think Ronda Rousey vs. Becky Lynch would captivate the audience better than Ronda Rousey vs. Charlotte Flair?

That worked because Tyson wasn't a wrestler and never wanted to be.

Ronda isn't an MMA fighter coming in for a pay day she is a pro wrestler so that alone would not let this work.

Add in Becky being an awful heel (I haven't seen Smackdown this week yet) and that's another nail in the coffin.

People want to see Charlotte because she is the perfect Heel foil to a Face Ronda Rousey. As much as I like Becky she needs to be a Face which wouldn't happen against Rousey.

There's a lot here. Becky is seriously giving a lot of people the feels right now. She is performing with what some fans feel is tremendous passion. This is what can really work in 2018. It is the type of fire that Daniel Bryan caught years ago. The problem with Becky is that passion is difficult to maintain. She struggles in one on one matches to keep the crowd interested. She is incredibly successful with her workrate in triple threats. She makes everyone looks good and keeps the pace of these matches exciting. But one on one has not been memorable for her. She hasn't shown that she is able to do the things Charlotte, Sasha, Ronda, and Asuka can do. This makes it hard for me to put her in such a big spot with arguably the most important person in WWE right now.

Do I think a Becky/Ronda program would work? Absolutely. Do I think it would do better at Mania or Evolution than Charlotte/Ronda? Doubtful. But I hope I'm wrong, Becky was the one I cared about the most when the women's revolution started. She has terrific flashes of greatness every now and again, she has just lacked after the flashes go away.

I don'T see it because of the star power. As much as i like Becky and think she been under utilize since being called up, She doesn't have the star power of a Charlotte Flair. For me, This is kinda the roman reigns syndrome for the Women's division. Charlotte is a Flair, The Flair name is known all around the world so WWE especially Vince and HHH will push her to the moon because of that. She's pretty overshadowed everybody since making her main roster debut. In fact, if i remember correctly, she won her first diva's title 3 months after her debut on the main roster. They feed her pretty much everybody on the roster to make sure she's the biggest star in the division and continue to do it to this day.

While on the other hand, what did Becky do since making her debut...... She won the smackdown women's title, then what, nothing of substance really. She was the women that was there to make everybody else look good while at the same time being one of the most over women's in the division. So for mania, you want to have big name vs big name if you want to do a major women'S match at mania, maybe even put it in the main event slot so on a marketing perspective it makes sense to have Charlotte vs ronda at mania because their both in the same category of top stars in the women's division.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back