• Diesel

• Big Bubba Rogers

• Chyna

• Mr. Hughes

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Poop Master Flex

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Throughout many promotions in wrestling there have been a lot of top stars (mainly heels) who had extra muscle to protect them.

We can say names like Big Bubba Rogers protecting Jim Cornette and Virgil being the bodyguard of the Million Dollar Man to recently (in a way) having Ricardo Rodriguez and Del Rio's bodyguard, sure he may technically be the ring announcer but there have been a number of times Rodriguez got physical and beaten up in order to protect Del Rio.

So who do you think was the best bodyguard in wrestling?

Personally I would have to go with Chyna. She was unlike any bodyguard before her and I felt complimented Triple H and DX very well. She didn't talk much, didn't move much but when she moved it always meant something. Eventually she became the first women in wrestling to wrestle with the guys on a regular basis and eventually became the first woman to be in a Royal Rumble and first woman to be Intercontinental champion, very big feats if you ask me. Frankly, I think if she made better business and life decisions she could have been much bigger than she became.

So that's my pic so who is everyone elses pick and who do you think was the best bodyguard in wrestling history?

This is a hard one. I narrowed it down to Desil w/ Shawn and Virgil w/ Dibease. They both fit very well and then turned into good feuds. Ill go with Desil, but not by much

I think I'll go with Chyna on this one. Most on the list were imposing (sans Virgil), but Chyna stepped up and was the X factor in the majority of Triple H's victories up until he got the world title back in '99. She could lay just about anyone, and I mean anyone out. I remember a match where Trips was facing Rikishi. Rikishi got dumped out of the ring, and Chyna laid a monster clothesline on him. Granted he sold it well, but Chyna was very dominant.

I've got to go with Cowboy Bob Orton. It was great having him come out with Rowdy Roddy Piper. It allowed Piper to tear guys down know that Orton was right there if things got out of hand. He was one of the first and such a big part of the Rock 'n Wrestling Connection.

Virgil was great too but he was more of a servant than a bodyguard. He is definitely second on the list.

Diesel was not a bodyguard for nearly enough time to have a great impact as a bodyguard. Let me say that again. AS A BODYGUARD. Of course he had an impact. But the only thing note worthy he did as HBK's bodyguard was helping him win the IC title from Janetty.

My pick has to be DAMIEN. He protected Jake the Snake better than anybody, in fact he even gave Andre the Giant a heart attack how many body guards could do that.

It has to be Diesel. If nothing besides all the success he went on to have on his own after being Shawn's bodyguard. No other bodyguard figure in wrestling has gone on to accomplish as much as he did.

this one is a easy choice for me i gotta go with Diesel as the best body guard i felt he was actullay pretty badass back in the day and he fit perfectly with shawn michaels back then plus it turned into a amazing fued i think a distant second would be chyna with virgil in 3rd

Mr Hughes. I remember watching him as a bodyguard in WCW for various heels. He was then the bodyguard for Shane Douglas in ECW and in WWE he was even the bodyguard for HHH before Chyna. Im pretty sure he was a bodyguard for Chris Jericho as well. He wore a suit, aways looked pretty cool and was a mean dude.

If the pick is not Virgil then you dont know what the hell your talking about. Virgil was more than a bodyguard that man at his role was pure gold. A servant driver all around what a bodyguard to a millionaire is supposed to do. He helped dibiase win at all costs put his own well being on the line adn took massive bumps from other superstars in order to help out Dibiase.

Virgil is easily for me the no 1 bodyguard by a longshot! Diesel was just a bully IMO didnt really stick around long enough for his role!!

I'm going on a different branch and saying Test was the best. (rhyme intended) He was just cool as hell, had an awesome moveset, great build, kick-ass entrance music, and he got the job done! He helped be the muscle of groups like` The Corporation, T&A, Un-Americans,etc. He was just awesome, and I'm not just saying that because he's deceased. I always like Test!

R.I.P Test!

I choose other. I like TEST as the bodyguard for Paul heyman in WWECW. He also was a former bodyguard for Canadian clubs and for none other then motley crue, which gives him the edge in actual experience. he had the size and power for the job, along with his speed.

I chose Psycho Sid. The angle with him being shawns bodyguard was pretty cool. He was diesels replacement powerbombed shawn turning shawn face ij the process as diesel came to save his buddy. They formed the cool dudes tag team in the process and each had the singles titles. Diesel feuded with sid briefly after this before sid was bought by ted dibiase

lots of good choices here. honorable mentions have to go to Virgil, Chyna, Mr. Hughes and yes even Test for all the reasons others have already said. Diesel and Sid for HBK definitely had the greatest success after they were no longer body guards, but neither were in that role for very long before.

my actual vote is for Tyson Tomko. i thought he had a great look and really complimented well for Captain Charisma as his problem solver. he just looked like he could legit hold his own and then some against anybody. he's my vote if only just for the look.

It would be too easy to go with Diesel, so I'm going with Chris Jericho's bodyguard, Ralphus! Technically he was Jericho's personal security, but I count that as bodyguard. It was a hilarious idea and further helped Jericho really get over as a heel in WCW, and getting the wrestler over should be what makes for a successful bodyguard.

If the pick is not Virgil then you dont know what the hell your talking about. Virgil was more than a bodyguard that man at his role was pure gold. A servant driver all around what a bodyguard to a millionaire is supposed to do. He helped dibiase win at all costs put his own well being on the line adn took massive bumps from other superstars in order to help out Dibiase.

Virgil is easily for me the no 1 bodyguard by a longshot! Diesel was just a bully IMO didnt really stick around long enough for his role!!

Spoken perfectly, Virgil was my choice as well. When I saw the title of the thread Virgil was the absolute first name that popped in my head. He, like said above, was pure gold at his role. Virgil went on to wrestle as a single star for a while in WWE, but never really accomplish much, but he will always be remembered as The Million Dollar Man's bodyguard.

I say Diesel. But it was difficult with Chyna and Virgil also in the running.

The reason is simply his physical presence. He was everything a bodyguard should be. MASSIVE, intimidating and dominating. With Chyna, regardless of how incredible she was/is she was still a she. I know its a sexist thing to say and I know she would kick two shades of crap out of 90% of men she was to fight, but she is still a woman. Virgil did have the kind of edge to him that made you think, but he was not as physically intimidating as Diesel was. You can see many more people trying their luck with him rather than Diesel.

So Diesel gets it from me purely cos of his size and the fact he is a man (over the only other two realistic options).

I will go with something totally different, and i'm going to say Iron Mike Tyson. I know he wasn't really a bodyguard type of person, but when he accompanied DX to the ring when he had that small stint in WWE around WM14 he looked like the most awesome protection for anybody.

Tyson is a Legimitate Bad Ass, who in his day could Destroy any Wrestler out there. Just look over the guys life. Youngest ever Heavyweight Boxing Champion of the World, Jailed twice, Cannibilized Evander Holyfield, told the world he would "Eat" Lennox Lewis's children. Tyson was a Machine. When he was in his early 20s Sparring Partners were afraid of his power.

Tyson has recently stated he would love to work with WWE. He said he would like to help the WWE in the future in any way he can. Imagine if WWE took him on board and he became a Bodygaurd/Manager type guy to one of the top heels? Imagine Tyson coming to the ring with a Brock lesnar! or even better imagine Tyson and Lesnar falling out and having an all out Brawl. Tyson would bring so much Media Attention to WWE and i feel would make the product stronger going forward.

lol at people considering Virgil. unless for the Cannon Fodder award, he did nothing except look like a doofus and ok well i suppose he did get heat on Ted just with people feeling sorry for the way Virgil was treated. Personally i didn't like him one bit and could care less what Ted did to him.

Diesel and Test looked like bodyguards and definately presented there characters perfectly. Test was the better "wrestler" IMO but Diesel had the cool factor. gonna go with Diesel cause the bits with him and Shawn were pretty funny and he did initially hold the record for the most number of illiminations in his debut Royal Rumble b4 Kane beat it.

Chyna a close third but she lacked beyond being a bodyguard character.

Choice - Big Daddy Cool....

My pick goes to Cowboy Bob Orton. I do know what the hell I am talking about and didn't choose Virgil. I love you idiots who state your opinions as fact. If your choice is so obvious, don't waste time answering. Dignifying the debate with a response proves the correct answer is in question.

This is a hard one. I narrowed it down to Desil w/ Shawn and Virgil w/ Dibease. They both fit very well and then turned into good feuds. Ill go with Desil, but not by much

Was it as hard as English class? My God, your spelling is just awful. I can give you a pass on DiBiase because it's a name. But, diesel is an actual word. Not expecting much given your post history, but at least pretend you finished elementary school.

In my opinion, Test, he was a real badass when he was the bodyguard of the corporation, after that he captured every title except for the WWE title, but that was because the WWE drop the ball on that one, but he was the total package......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back