Big E. Langston Wins IC Title

Glad to see so many have acknowledged that Big E. Langston needs a proper feud. So often we get a new mid-card champion, and everyone rushes to declare him as the savior of the mid-card belt. I've said it once, and I'll say it again - the mid-card belts won't mean anything until they're consistently defended in meaningful programs. Outside extreme circumstances - David Arquette, Vince Russo, VKM - the champ is NEVER the reason a belt loses prestige. It's all about the quality and quantity of opponents going after the champ that determines its value.

Here's to hoping that Langston gets involved in feuds that actually revolve around the IC Title as opposed to participating in main event feuds and wrestling matches without putting the belt on the line.

Here's hoping Langston will add a little more length to that wedgie-singlet (and also knee pads) he seems to love to wear in the ring. YIKES!

Who's Big E. Langston? That's a legitimate question. WWE "stars" are such nobodies that I don't even know who they are. Back in the day everyone knew who Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper, The Junkyard Dog etc were because they were larger than life characters. But I have no idea who half the guys in WWE today are and even when I see then I always get them confused. There are no stand outs and no stars.

Good for Big E. Langston... but who the heck is he???

I'm just relieved they finally took the the title off of Curtis Axel. Axel is a boring and dull career mid carder with no charisma whatsoever, and he can't cut a decent promo to save his life. Axel was lucky enough to be at Heyman's side for the feud with Punk this year, and it's as simple as that. This is Axel's third or fourth repackaging trip on the main roster? Yeah, I think it's a safe to label him as a bust now. He'll be lucky to receive time on Main Event and Smackdown for the remainder of his WWE career.

Langston is a fresh face in the mid card scene, and I was surprised at the pop he received after pinning Axel. To be honest, I don't watch NXT, so I'm only going by what I see on the main roster. But Big. E is a physical freak of nature, who can move pretty fast for a big man. It's a positive move on WWE's part either way you look at it, and I'm really looking forward to Big. E's reign as IC champion.

After seeing Big E win the title, I was excited, because Curtis Axel's reign was boring. Don't get me wrong I like Big E, but I don't think he's ready for the title. Like Axel, I feel like he was rushed into winning it. I feel like he should have a good feud before winning the title.

Let me know what you think

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back