Bobby Lashley vs. Bob Sapp

jmt225

Global Moderator
Bobby Lashley, who made his debut for TNA Wrestling on Sunday night, has posted an announcement on his Twitter page that Bob Sapp will be his next Mixed Martial Arts opponent. Sapp is a former NFL lineman and K1 kickboxing star with a 10-3-1 MMA record. The fight will take place on June 27 from the Mississippi Gulf Coast Coliseum in Biloxi, MS for an upstart (and currently unnamed) MMA promotion.

Yikes. This should be horrendous, like all of Bob Sapp's fights. Bob Sapp, for those who don't know, absolutely sucks. However, he has a mouth and knows how to use. Dude's one hell of a character. But he's a character with no chin whatsoever and hardly anything in the gas tank. Most of his wins have come against guys who are much smaller, where he can overwhelm them with his humongous size. But I doubt Lashley will be one of those guys. While Lashley didn't look too hot in his last fight against Guida.. Bob Sapp is a fucking joke. Seriously... Sapp is the one who belongs in a pro wrestling ring. He honestly would make a good, entertaining pro wrestler, but in Mixed Martial Arts... he's bad for the sport. Not only does he suck, but his sportsmanship is terrible as well. Watch when, if by some miracle, he does beat Lashley how he'll get some extra blows in after the fact.

But yeah... terrible fight. Might draw a tad bit for a no name promotion, but at the end of the day it's nothing but a joke. How can people talk shit about guys like Kimbo Slice when there are jokers like Sapp and even Lashley running around in the sport?

Big Bob Sapp fan. But only because he's shit. Out of all my Pride DVDs his matches are the only ones I watch over. Except Giant Silva that is. Fuck Cro Cop kicks. I want bumpling big men.

Good fight for Lashley. He'll win. It won't be a huge draw. Sapp is more of a name in Japan from what I hear. What's his status in America?

I am also a big Bob Sapp fan. Mostly because of his character. As a fighter not so much. As Jmt pointed out, a lot of his wins come from smaller foes, which Lashley isn't. I see Lashley obviously shooting for the takedown, and ground and pounding Sapp for the victory. It would be interesting to see if Lashley will stand and trade with him. Lashley trains at ATT a camp full of good strikers, but i doubt he would. Trading with a K-1 fighter when you're new to the sport ain't the smartest thing to do. Lashley via GNP, but I'll be cheering for Sapp. War Sapp!

4u6zd5.gif

Also i don't think hes very popular in America, since i can't really recall a fight he had in America outside of a fight in Strikeforce. Though I'm sure lots know him from pride DVD's and his antics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back