Braun strowman is the new Big show

Psykohurricane55

Staff member
2 years ago, when Strowman had a feud with Big show, the last match in the feud was a steel cage match which lead to a memorable finish when Strowman lift up show and destroyed the side of the cage which pretty much was seen as the end of big show as a full time performer. At the time. we thought that this was just a way for them to to heat up Strowman for something bigger, but looking back at it now, it feels more like them grooming him to take big show's place as the special attraction of the company.

If you look at the history of the WWE, they always looked at the larger then life guys as special attraction instead of actual contenders for titles. Sure, all of them won titles through their run but for the most part it was out of necessity more so then something that was planned in advance.

You look at all of them from Andre the giant winning the wwe championship belt just to advance a storyline., to Undertaker which most of his big title reigns came out of necessity and Kane which felt like that also.

As far as comparing Show to Strowman. Just look at the way both man were booked. Show was always put in the situation of being the holdover guy when they need a big star in a main event situation or if they needed somebody to be in the comedy/celebrity match at mania. He was booked as a attraction more so then a actual contender throughout his career. Strowman feel like this now, he the guy they use when they don't have anybody else to fill that spot. They keep him strong by giving him almost nothing to do and they use him for comedy segment at mania kinda like big show was doing before him.

So in my opinion, i truly feel that he'S slowly taking Big Show's spot as the special attraction of the company and that he might or might not get a title run out of his run with the company but for that character, it's not a necessity.

The most notable moment of Braun starting down this road for me was when he won the tag titles with that kid from the audience.
I had thought to myself, "They don't see Braun as a guy that can be a long term, Universal champion type star."
I understand the difficulty in booking a guy like Braun on a week to week basis, though. I mean, realistically, he should almost never lose...or even have a match where he doesn't destroy his opponent, with the exception of a handful of guys (Drew, Lashley, Roman, MAYBE Rollins, etc..)
It does look as if WWE has decided on how they want to use him. "Main Attraction" as opposed to "Main Eventer".
But, as we all know, in WWE anything can change at any moment.

I was thinking the exact same thing as you titled this while just now watching RAW on the DVR. He's become a short term spectacle like the bearded woman at the old time circus. He catches your attention when he comes out and then it's just underwhelming. They booked Show wrong for years and now they're doing the same thing with Braun. The thing is, he has a ton of personality when you see him just be him. I've seen him on a few non-WWE interviews and the guy is funny and someone who has charisma. Like Show, he's got a great personality and is really likeable.

Nah. Big Show was a utility player with multiple world championship reigns. Wouldn't be fair to compare the two unless we're forgetting 90% of Show's career.

I'd call Braun the new Ryback right now. Three word catchphrase, hyper masculinity, powerhouse until he's not, gets his ass whooped in important title matches, etc.etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back