Is Strowman His Own Worst Enemy?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Needless to say, a lot of fans aren't thrilled that WWE put the Universal Championship back on Brock Lesnar and feel that WWE missed a huge chance with Strowman at Crown Jewel. That's not to say that some fans aren't in favor of it, it's just that a lot aren't. However, a report via PWInsider.com, specifically from writer Mike Johnson, suggests that Strowman has some backstage heat:

"One of the things that I heard from multiple people – we’re talking 4 different people. There are times where Strowman is negligent when it comes to showing up on time. He has a reputation at times for leaving a little early and sometimes he makes mistakes in terms of etiquette in the backstage in the locker room. Sometimes, as one person put it, he’s his own worst enemy and his worst advocate. They would be high on him and just when he gets to the point where you would think the next step is putting him into the centerpiece position for the company then something happens and he makes some sort of misstep backstage and people within management kind of cool on him and they take a step back.”

This sounds extremely possible. When it comes to leaving a little early, depending on the circumstances, I don't really see a problem. Unless there's supposed to be some sort of talent meeting following the show, photo op with local press or something, then I don't see what the issue is. If a wrestler's match/segment is finished and nothing else is going on, then I say let them go out and relax, have a few drinks, catch up on some sleep back at the hotel or whatever. As far as being late frequently, that's a little more complicated, especially when you take into account how so much of WWE is heavily scripted and how much of a control freak Vince is.

As far as etiquette problems backstage, that could be just about anything. it could be Strowman being unnecessarily loud backstage, telling inappropriate workplace jokes that might be offensive not adhering to the dress code, leaving trash all over the locker room or Strowman just doing something to tick off Vince that doesn't bother anyone else. Vince has all sorts of strange quirks and pet peeves like sneezing, blowing your nose or even hugging someone that's on the flabby side. Vince is said to be a big hugger, surprisingly, but gets creeped out when hugging people who're sorta on the jiggly side.

If this is true, then it could be anything from reasonable complaints, something blown entirely out of proportion or something that defies the logic of everyone except Vince himself.

The wrestling etiquette for years has been that you come in early before the show and stay until the last match is done out of respect for your co workers, unless the Booker or in this case the boss gave you permission to leave early. From what, I gotten, that been one of the rules use in wwe for a while, so if strowman isn't following the rules, especially in the position he's in then I get why they aren't confident in giving him the main event position.

A main guy is somebody that going to set a example for the rest of the roster, that why reigns was put in that position for so many years and why cena had that role before him. If they have problem with him sticking to the rules then he needs to grow up and fix and prove that he can be a team player before getting the main spot.

Austin said it best when he said that he was always the first to arrive and the last to leave. Even when he was a top guy, he would go and sit at the gorilla position and watch the matches. That's dedication and I feel the new generation as lost that dedication to their craft. I'm not saying they are all like that but I feel like for some of them, they just care about their matches and how they do. Strowman is still really young in the business even at his age, so he might not have that experience yet to realize that it's disrespectful to leave before the end of the show. At some point he might realize this and grow up.

Lesnar was the same way in his first run and he learn that lesson quickly, That's why he left the first time around because the pressure of being a top guy was too much for him at the time and it his a tough job being the top guy in wwe which isn't for everybody.

Having said that, this feel like just another made up story because he can't figured out why strowman got squash at crown jewel.

Lesnar got the belt back because while being popular, strowman isn't ready to take reigns spot right now and lesnar was the only quick fix they had at the time.

WWE always sold the line "first guy to show up, last one to leave" and that's what they want actually. They want a corporate slave. If you want to be the face of the company, you have to be this guy.

Which is highly hypocritical. Brock Lesnar is an example that doesn't follow that. But one would say that Brock Lesnar has paid his dues. Of course he paid those dues in UFC and not WWE, but that's another story.

So here are all the requirements you need in order to be the face of the company.
a) a "manly" body type. (Austin, Rock, Roman, Cena). Not too big (like Big Show, Andre), but not too small either (like Punk and Bryan).
b) first guy to show up, last one to leave (if you're a rookie, if you are a draw, you don't have to obey this rule)
c) not be injury prone (sorry Seth and Batista)
d) able to wrestle and connect to the fans the WWE way and the way the audience reacts
e) be below 35 years of age
f) always do interviews, talk shows, make-a-wish and generally talk good about the company and promote it whenever you can
g) good mic work is not required if you meet the other criteria, but it's a bonus if you have it

So with that being said.. lol, Lesnar will drop the belt around 2022. There's nobody that is like that.

I'm going with fake news. I think they want the IWC to ignore how much they screwed up with Braun's face-heel-face fart so they cook up this story about Braun not meeting corporate standards and we all relate to him better because we believe that the man is holding us back too.

Seems like the plan all along was to get the title back on Brock at some point cause mainstream.

Last edited:
I'm always quite sceptical whenever I hear stories like this opinions of the behaviour backstage of someone they have never even met or from 3rd or 4th hand accounts. Personally I have never met him so I don't know either way.
in my opinion they kind of ruined him by making him seem too normal instead of keeping him the monster heel character he was when he first appeared and instead had him winning the tag titles with an 8 year old kid for example.

I just wish they would figure out what to with him because in truth Brock Lesnar isn't really needed. They have all the talents they need to make the Universal Title credible. I mean including Braun Strowman they have Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Drew McIntyre and Dolph Ziggler.
I'm not going to act like I know the backstage on goings because I don't. As a fan what I do know is they don't need Brock Lesnar at this point.

Hard to determine facts in a circumstance where you're relying on what four people tell you. Not saying there isn't a kernel of truth to this, but on the surface it sounds completely fabricated. I do not like arguing conspiracy theories here, but that's a lame excuse if ever there was one, especially knowing how some of the guys have acted in the past.

What I would've done.... At Crown Jewel after Corbin attacked Stroman allowing Lesnar to get the upper hand you have Brock deliver the F-5 and then the lights go out. Bray Wyatt's music hits. Out comes Bray and Luke Harper. Lesnar looks shocked. Stroman gets the upperhand and becomes the new Universal Champion. The Wyatt Family is reformed and gives some nice storyline edge to Monday Night Raw in the post Reigns gone era. Stroman could feud with McIntyre, Lashley, etc.. And then drop the title to Seth Rollins (Rumble Winner) at Wrestlemania.

WWE are notoriously petty. This says much more about this company than it says about Strowman.
But that's not just WWE doing this, it's pretty much every wrestling organization that are doing this. It's been a unwritten rule in wrestling that you show up early and stay until the end of the show out of respect for your piers. If Strowman doesn't do that then he kinda deserve for them to be hesitant in putting him in the top spot. By not staying until the end of the show, it's shows the lack of commitment he has to the company he's working for and in the old days, Strowman would have gotten much worst then what he's getting now.

Anyway, i always felt that strowman didn't need a Championship to be over, he's pretty much a special attraction like Big show, undertaker and Andre the giant were before him. If they need somebody to hold the championship for a few months, then give it to him but you don'T need him to have long reigns to be over because monsters like him will always attract fans no matter what.

We want the best for these performers, we're good people. I want good things for Braun, even though I don't think that he deserves them.

Look, there's nothing special about Braun. He's the most vanilla person on the entire roster. I honestly think that his character would have been better off if he debuted as his rosebud character. The closest other performer to being a Wrestler McWrestlerface like Braun is Curtis Axel.

Being a generic big guy character, the only thing that Braun could have had working for him was a backstage reputation on par with that of Edge or Harley Race. His character isn't proactive, he just wanders the backstage and waits for things to upset him. Big fucking whoop if Braun comes out next Monday and takes a clean loss to Finn Balor.

So stories are coming out that Adam Scherr shoots himself in the foot a lot, and that this is why we saw the Braun character get trounced at Crown Jewel. While I'm sure it seemed a bit odd to see Braun get steamrolled due to the match being so heavily hyped, it didn't seem to leave fans with the feeling of shock that they felt when John Cena let himself get thrown around like a crash test dummy. Big men almost invariably exist to put over smaller talent, and Braun isn't doing anything for himself character-wise to avoid being put into that niche.

Given Braun's run of big money matches with the company, it's obvious that they had high hopes for him. I don't hope that Braun fails, I'm just not naïve enough to believe at this point that there's any hope for him to ever wear Brock's boots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back