Brock Lesnar's Hell In A Cell Opponent

Terry Gyimah

Championship Contender
If Lesnar does in fact retain his WWE World Heavyweight Championship beating Cena yet again at Night of Champions tonight then if Lesnar does work Hell in a Cell then I wonder who would Lesnar face inside the Hell in a Cell structure? Plus Lesnar has experience inside Hell in a Cell because who did he beat inside Hell in a Cell when he was still a relative rookie? He beat the man whose streak he ended at WrestleMania 30, beat The Undertaker inside Hell in a Cell back in 2003 to retain the WWE Championship, so if Lesnar 11 years later has to compete inside Satan's structure inside the Devil's playground I can only imagine who he ends up facing inside Hell in a Cell

I personally think the same someone posted in another thread, and that is that Cena will win tonight but Rollins will cash-in immediately, which means no Lesnar at Hell in a Cell.:)

Cena has to win tonight at NoC, but by DQ. Cena has to come out much more aggressive, and then Lesnar or Paul E. resort to cheating to win. That sets up the rubber match at HiaC, IN the Cell for Lesnar and Cena.

Tonight shouldn't have happened - the rematch should have been at Hell in a Cell.

Night of Champions is becoming an obsolete ppv; maybe next year WWE will be sensible enough to move Hell in a Cell to September - a suitable 'rematch' ppv the way Extreme Rules follows Wrestlemania - and they put something else in October - Vengeance perhaps?

Here's how I see it happening, Cena loses a highly competitive match which brings Lesnar's invincibility down into reality, then Rollins comes to cash in on a beat down Lesnar. Triple H comes out and says Lesnar lay down for Seth to win the belt. The match is about to start when Ambrose runs in from the crowd attacking Seth, Brock leaves the ring with the belt. Meanwhile, Sheamus loses his belt to Cesaro.

On the Raws leading to HiaC you have Rollins/Ambrose feuding, Sheamus using his rematch on Cesaro. And Trips announces Lesnar's HiaC opponent, the worlds largest athlete the Big Show! I know none of us care for it, but it makes sense. Show is a face, he's been booked strong recently and he'll always be a threat due to his size.

HiaC:
Lesnar(c) v Big Show = Lesnar
Rollins v Ambrose = Ambrose
Cesaro(c) v Sheamus = Cesaro (but have Sheamus look really good)

On the build up to Survivor Series have Orton say he wants his shot, that he never got it because of Triple H and he's going to get it regardless. Continue the Rollins Ambrose feud. And start pushing Sheamus, feeding him higher level guys, give him promo time anything it takes.

SS:
Lesnar(c) v Orton = Lesnar in a close contest
Rollins v Ambrose = Ambrose again (Rollins won like every encounter before Ambrose left, so he needs a few)

Now going into TLC you have a tournament, say that Brock can't compete at TLC due to his contract and that the new year will allow him to fight again. So a tournament leading into and through TLC for number 1 contendership. You have 16 guys competing(I see it as Sheamus, Orton, Big Show, Cena, Jericho[one night return], Cesaro, Bray, Swagger, Ziggler, Miz, Rollins, Kane, Ambrose, Triple H, someone else, a returning Reigns.

Round 1: Sheamus v. Miz = Sheamus, Orton v Jericho = Orton, Big Show v Rollins = Rollins, Cena v Cesaro = Cena, Bray v Swagger = Bray, Ambrose v Triple H = Triple H(Rollins interferes), Ziggler v Someone else = Ziggler, Kane's out in the ring and Reigns is announced as the final participant(this way they can gauge the reaction and see if he's still over) = Reigns

Round 2: Sheamus v Triple H = Sheamus(I expect heavy interference from Kane but Sheamus dominates), Orton v Cena = Cena(they pretty much have to face off, sorry), Rollins v Triple H= Rollins(Trips lays down for Rollins), Bray v Reigns = Reigns(of course give Bray a fighting chance though)

Round 3: Sheamus v Cena = Sheamus(Sheamus just happens to win the match), Rollins v Reigns =Rollins(this would be somewhat of closure to the Reigns being injured by Rollins angle but it also gives the Authority the power to screw him leading to Mania).

Final Round: Sheamus v Rollins = Sheamus due to interference from Ambrose early on. Sheamus is number 1 contender, he beats:Miz, Triple H, Cena and Rollins, obviously looking pretty dominant so he can take on Lesnar at Royal Rumble.

TLC:
Rollins v Ambrose for the briefcase = Rollins(No Kane Interference, make this win mean something huge for Rollins).

RR:
Lesnar v Sheamus = Lesnar(lets be real, no one expects Sheamus to win but with this level of build up he'd be a believable opponent)
Reigns v Rollins = Reigns(this just settles the beef between them)
Ambrose v Kane = Ambrose(basically it's retribution for all the interference he's done, hopefully it writes him off screen for a couple months and it helps Ambrose rebound from Rollins)
Royal Rumble: I ask for 2 things, Bryan's return to a huge pop and the Rock comes back, if not there's ways around Rock but Bryan needs to come back now...anyway Bryan wins and we need a Reigns/Rock staredown disrupted by Orton

Build up to EC features Sheamus trying to regain some believability as a main eventer, Reigns turns his attention to HHH being as they still haven't fought while Ambrose turns his attention to Orton, Bryan targets Heyman

EC:
Ambrose v Orton = Orton (a shocking win and this is basically to prolong this feud to Mania)
Reigns v Trips = Reigns (by now Reigns should be regaining his momentum and this match will help big time)

WM:
Reigns v Rock = Reigns(Rock wants to put him over right so why not?)
Ambrose v Orton = Ambrose(I feel bad for Orton but this pretty much needs to happen)
Bryan v Lesnar = Bryan(second big year in a row, this rub would be going to Reigns but o well)
Other big matches xD

Anyway at HiaC Lesnar can fight Big Show :p

I am pretty sure Lesnar is taking Hell in a Cell off completely and the main event will be used to determine a No. 1 contender

It may just depend on if Ambrose is officially back, meaning cleared to wrestle. I doubt his feud with Rollins is done or just dropped so whatever tease of a feud between Cena and Rollins tonight was foreshadowing. That leaves Cena still free to tangle with Lesnar again at HITC if that's what they so choose. If Ambrose isn't back in a full capacity yet and they want to work a Rollins/Cena feud than it opens things up a bit more.

The rumors of a Big Show push (I cringed typing that) could come to fruition in a feud no one wants to see. Orton is likely done with Jericho so they could go that route, though that doesn't sound incredibly interesting either and could be hard to work given the two's characters. Orton is the more intriguing of the two I suppose, but I really think we will be seeing the third match between Lesnar and Cena at HITC. I guess there's always the possibility that Lesnar doesn't appear at all, wouldn't be surprised.

It may just depend on if Ambrose is officially back, meaning cleared to wrestle. I doubt his feud with Rollins is done or just dropped so whatever tease of a feud between Cena and Rollins tonight was foreshadowing. That leaves Cena still free to tangle with Lesnar again at HITC if that's what they so choose. If Ambrose isn't back in a full capacity yet and they want to work a Rollins/Cena feud than it opens things up a bit more.

The rumors of a Big Show push (I cringed typing that) could come to fruition in a feud no one wants to see. Orton is likely done with Jericho so they could go that route, though that doesn't sound incredibly interesting either and could be hard to work given the two's characters. Orton is the more intriguing of the two I suppose, but I really think we will be seeing the third match between Lesnar and Cena at HITC. I guess there's always the possibility that Lesnar doesn't appear at all, wouldn't be surprised.

Jericho's current contract is up so he's off WWE for the forseeable future.

I really think Lesnar won't be at Hell in a Cell.

If he is we're looking at another Cena rematch, Orton, a major Rusev push or Big Show (puke).

If Lesnar does in fact retain his WWE World Heavyweight Championship beating Cena yet again at Night of Champions tonight then if Lesnar does work Hell in a Cell then I wonder who would Lesnar face inside the Hell in a Cell structure? Plus Lesnar has experience inside Hell in a Cell because who did he beat inside Hell in a Cell when he was still a relative rookie? He beat the man whose streak he ended at WrestleMania 30, beat The Undertaker inside Hell in a Cell back in 2003 to retain the WWE Championship, so if Lesnar 11 years later has to compete inside Satan's structure inside the Devil's playground I can only imagine who he ends up facing inside Hell in a Cell

Just FYI, Lesnar beat Undertaker in a Hell in a Cell Match at No Mercy 2002, not 2003. No Mercy 2003 he beat Taker in a Biker Chain Match.

After how Night of Champions ended, I agree with some of the above posters that the most likely scenario is that either Lesnar defends against Cena again to end the feud, or takes the PPV off, and a #1 Contender match is held instead to determine who faces Lesnar at Survivor Series.

Personally I feel the Hell in a Cell structure should also be used for the blowoff to the Miz/Ziggler feud. It would be a huge boost for the Intercontinental Championship to be the first non-World singles title defended in HIAC, and Miz/Ziggler could have an awesome, athletic match.

Jericho's current contract is up so he's off WWE for the forseeable future.

I really think Lesnar won't be at Hell in a Cell.

If he is we're looking at another Cena rematch, Orton, a major Rusev push or Big Show (puke).

I should have specified, I know Jericho is done for a while I was speaking of Orton and Big Show. I know that Lesnar is working a few more dates than he has been in previous years but don't think they'd want to waste one of his feuds on Jericho. Orton seems like the better option between himself and Big Show, with the latter being dreaded by pretty much everyone. They could always have Sheamus drop the US strap and go after Brock but that seems like a long walk for a short drink of water. Seeing as Rollins inserted himself into Cena's business but still has a score to settle with Ambrose they could always just combine the angles and have some sort of four-way match at HITC.

Looks like Cena has his hands full with Rollins now. They are scheduled for Live Events so I cannot see Lesnar vs Cena III.

Big Show - it is that time of year when he gets his annual push.

Orton would be interesting if Lesnar and The Authority 'go to war'. Think he needs building a bit though - only three PPV wins this year.

Ambrose would be fantastic. Maybe as punishment for attacking Rollins they put him in a Cell with Lesnar? Sure the guy gets a title shot but they can play up he Cell with Lesnar part and make it sound like a punishment.

Batista is due back soon (if he comes back). The Animal against the Beast in a Cell. Yes please.

The onyl 4 I can credibly think of off the top of my head.

What about ...

A Triple Threat Cell Match!

Lesnar vs Cena vs Rollins for WWE Title

So I don't know how WWE plans to explain the Authority's member Rollins attacking an ally in Lesnar, but wouldn't it be exciting for this to happen? The feud is twisted in a new direction, plus we get the addition of "Rollins has nowhere to escape to". Rollins has spent his heel time doing a lot of hit-and-run attacks and now he is really tested, by being locked inside that demonic structure with two of WWE's toughest mofos.

(Also it gives WWE fall fodder since they seem to be worried about Cena losing again now, and if they want to get the title off Brock, then Cena can pin Rollins).

I know it won't happen, and I'm not even a fan of the guy, but I think it would be awesome to give Sheamus and Lesnar a couple of matches. It's something we haven't seen before unlike Big Show and Lesnar, and you can at least guarantee it'll be intense!

What about ...

A Triple Threat Cell Match!

Lesnar vs Cena vs Rollins for WWE Title

So I don't know how WWE plans to explain the Authority's member Rollins attacking an ally in Lesnar, but wouldn't it be exciting for this to happen? The feud is twisted in a new direction, plus we get the addition of "Rollins has nowhere to escape to". Rollins has spent his heel time doing a lot of hit-and-run attacks and now he is really tested, by being locked inside that demonic structure with two of WWE's toughest mofos.

(Also it gives WWE fall fodder since they seem to be worried about Cena losing again now, and if they want to get the title off Brock, then Cena can pin Rollins).

Actually considering Ambrose is back I think I need to correct this post.

Either two separate Cell matches, Ambrose/Rollins and Cena/Lesnar, or put them in a 4 way dance in the Cell.

I hate more than one Cell match a year as I feel it cheapens it, so I'd like the 4 man match option.

Now NOTC is over; Lesnar should be off PPV until Survivor Series. Having seen the ending of the Main Event end in a DQ, at a time when WWE is trying to get people to buy PPV's, the main event scene is poor with Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns injured and CM Punk gone; and of course the original WE Network subscribtions up for renewal; this was a ridiculous and short sighted move to stop Cena looking weak again. But it is an insult to those who buy the smaller named PPV's.

Therefore, if they are to go with a HIAC match; they should make it a match between Seth Rolins and Cena; with the MITB briefcase on the line. Seth should win too. I know this thread asks what the HIAC main event should be; but Brock Lesnar is more effective as a monster draw; and a special attraction.

So I don't know how WWE plans to explain the Authority's member Rollins attacking an ally in Lesnar, but wouldn't it be exciting for this to happen?

Simple really - 'his quest for gold'. Brock is the Champion so it is only natural for the MITB holder to target him.

The biggest explanation needed is if Lesnar and Heyman do not respond to this and deal out the necessary punishment!!!

Simple really - 'his quest for gold'. Brock is the Champion so it is only natural for the MITB holder to target him.

The biggest explanation needed is if Lesnar and Heyman do not respond to this and deal out the necessary punishment!!!

I guess that explanation satisfies me dude, and you're exactly right, there should be some sort of implosion within the Authority/Lesnar power block over this.

Just so long as WWE stay away from Big Show/Lesnar or whatever idea; I feel the Cena thing has not been properly blown off yet and the Rollins thing needs to step in to some degree as well.

Not sure if Brock is appearing tonight, but traitorface doing what he does best to an ally, has to be explained. The fact he attacked Lesnar Has to cause some much needed friction between Heyman and the Authority in order to build for Mania where Brock will be the Ultimate Heel that Everyone on the roster wants taken down.

It would definitely insult our intelligence if Seth's attack on Lesnar is left forgotten in favour of Cena crying about his lost chance.
Even though I didnt like the ending too much, it has potential for the entire Ultimate Brock & Heyman vs the WWE storyline to start taking shape after last night because now they wouldnt be on the same page as the Authority any longer.

I would have Brock Lesnar stay as far away from the Hell in a Cell PPV as possible.

It's a nothing pay per view. The most credible threat to Brock Lesnar, John Cena, will more than likely face Seth Rollins after last night.

If I was booking, I would have Lesnar's next defense take place at the Survivor Series against Randy Orton.
I'd book Orton as a tweener until then.
Then he turns fully fledged heel again the next night on RAW by dropping someone with the RKO.. maybe Dolph Ziggler.

It honestly doesn't look like he'll be in a match at hell in a cell. But he will make an appearance for sure. I have a feeling they'll book A Cena Rollins feud and brock could interfere in cena's favour. I think they'll have brock cena at survivor series, cena wins then and Rollins cashes in. Can see brock vs the rock at mania

The identity of Brock's HIAC opponent revolves around the big question: How long does WWE intend to keep him as champion?

If the rumors about Brock signing up for more in-ring action are true, the company might be tempted to put him in against someone other than Cena. In fact, many more storyline and match options are opened by knowing he'll be around more than he has been.

Still, although the Cena-haters would scream, there's a lot to be said about the benefit of a trilogy between Cena and Brock.....after all, both men have a win in the current feud and how often have we seen a rubber match settle matters?

Of course, this doesn't all rest simply on a competition standpoint; there's the problem of buy rates to be considered, although that problem is mitigated by the $9.99 solution offered by WWE. (Has anyone considered that the company might be tempted to let slip the quality of PPVs since they have a built-in audience?)

For storyline purposes, however.....and if WWE doesn't intend to keep Brock as titleholder, I'd love to see Brock-Cena III. I can think of several possible endings.....and would love seeing Cena take back the title, and doing it by really humbling the mercenary SOB. :)

Of course, even if Brock is to take a greater role with the company, it would still be good to have these two guys complete the trilogy, one way or the other.

I don't think we've seen the last of Lesnar vs Cena, if they don't match up again at HIAC, it could easily be at Survivor Series

Lesnar might take HIAC off, and if Cena goes on to face Rollins, what does that leave for Ambrose?

I'd hope they decide to have Brock Lesnar vs John Cena in a final blow-off match for that feud in the HiaC.

That is the only logical reason such a finish as at NoC could be accepted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back