Cena Region, Hartford Subregion, First Round: (4) Lou Thesz vs. (29) Kofi Kingston

Who Wins This Match?

• Lou Thesz

• Kofi Kingston

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Valid reasoning Brain. Cannot fault you for it. Issue is that such a proposed scenario is valid itself & allowed per the rules. May not be the best reasoning, but given how Kofi & Co have taken off using just this formula, I see no reason it would not happen just this way.

I'll remind everyone that Kingston can be a tough customer in the ring as well. He once gave Miz a concussion when he kicked him too hard with Trouble in Paradise.

tumblr_mbzrusMsY41rwnmioo1_400.gif

I hate this line of thinking. If I can be real for a minute, I hate when people suggest that Wrestler A is better than Wrestler B because Wrestler A would legit kick his ass and could shoot on him.

It gets brought up at least once a year, usually by guys who like to dick wag about their old school knowledge, that guys like Thesz would just shoot on a guy like Kofi for his flippy shit. If you legit shoot on a guy, that makes you an asshole and an unfit professional. Its why Perry Saturn ended up calling a mop his girlfriend. I don't care how much of a shooter a guy was, this isn't a shoot tournament, it is a pro wrestling tournament. In pro wrestling, you protecting your opponent is your number one job. That's why a guy as talented as Teddy Hart can't find consistent work because he goes into the business for himself too often.

If we had a shoot fighting tournament, we could just argue between Brock and Josh Barnett each year.

As one of those dick wags...

when the man says 'if Kofi got out of line', it would mean that Kofi wasn't following the script, or Kofi was being unprofessional.

Shooting wasn't always about enforcing your will on someone just because you could. Sure there were guys who did that, and promoters who insisted that their guys do that (you do what your boss tells you if you want to eat), but there were also guys like Thesz who would only pull out their legit skills when the situation called for it. Which, I'm sure even a non dick wag like yourself would have to admit can happen occasionally in a profession where jacked up, testosterone filled men spend all their time kicking the shit out of each other.

Thesz protected his opponents very well. If he didn't, people wouldn't have wanted to work with him. After all, he was a guy who could cripple anyone he wanted to at any given time, and everyone knew that. Would you put your health, livelihood, and family on the line against someone like that if he actually was unprofessional enough to be doing exactly that?

If anything, your gif there shows that Kofi is the unfit professional. Maybe he should learn to work better so he isn't giving his opponents life altering brain injuries. After all, that is his #1 job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back