Cena Region, Philadelphia Subregion, Second Round: (8) Scott Hall vs. (9) Randy Orton

Who Wins This Match?

• Scott Hall

• Randy Orton

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the Cena Region, Philadelphia Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Wells_Fargo_Center-sq_400x400.jpg

Hall2.jpg

#8. Scott Hall

Vs.

latest

#9. Randy Orton

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

I'm aware Orton is more decorated, but I just think Hall is so much more interesting in every way imaginable. Orton is such a boring worker and his character never worked for me. Hall didn't reach the same heights, I know, but he also didn't stink them out either. I just find Orton's monotonous tones and stamping to be far and away the most boring thing in the main event these days. Hall wasn't ever the main event, but he was the focal point of one of the best angles ever, Orton just hasn't, and that is largely due to his limitations. I'm going Hall.

I dunno which Hall this is, the Hall who ran roughshot over WCW with Hogan and Nash or Razor who was beating Shawn in IC Ladder matches.

I think Randy has the edge but I'm not sure. I like Hall more to be honest but I don't see him winning. Hall never had a problem putting over a good worker who was burning, and he has admitted this himself that he was upper mid at best. The Tito of his generation. RKO is a peg higher.

I just find Orton's monotonous tones and stamping to be far and away the most boring thing in the main event these days.

You said this same stuff about Orton last year. It wasn't true then either. I have to assume that you just haven't watched him work in years because he doesn't do any of those things anymore and hasn't for a very long time.

Orton's the easy choice. Hall should have been bigger and had every opportunity to be. He fucked up. His bad.

No way Hall wins in this round. Take away Ortons stupid first title face turn and we are probably talking about how he is one of the best heels in history. I'll just talk about what he has done though. The dude is the second greatest superstar since the the attitude era, has been white hot as both a face and heel and has put on countless entertaining matches. Sure Ortons matches with HHH are a bit whatever but everything else you pretty much can live with an enjoy (unless you spam Cena/Orton a million times a year).

In terms of how each guy likes to work their opponents, I would say they are actually the same. However, I would give Orton more of a edge in terms of diversity. Orton in 2004 is probably the best type of opponent for Hall to take advantage of, however post Taker I would expect Ortons expertise to reign supreme.

Hall is no slouch, however Hall is your perfect midcarder and Orton is your perfect main eventer (not on a limited roster).

No way Scott Hall should go over here. Hall was generally an upper mid-midcarder, a very popular one no doubt, but he never won any big main event matches... ever I believe. Orton's a 12 time World Champion at a time when the title was dominated by John Cena, so let's not use the hot potato excuse here. 12 > 0. That should be enough right there but I'll add a couple more.

Orton may be number 2, but I'm pretty sure he's beaten Cena more than the other way around, at least as far as I remember. Orton's a HOF headliner, Hall wasn't. Kayfabe wise, the RKO is 15 times easier to hit than the Razor's Edge.

Vote Orton.

You said this same stuff about Orton last year. It wasn't true then either. I have to assume that you just haven't watched him work in years because he doesn't do any of those things anymore and hasn't for a very long time.

Orton's the easy choice. Hall should have been bigger and had every opportunity to be. He fucked up. His bad.

WrestleMania 31 was probably the last time I watched him wrestle, in what has been deemed "Seth Rollins' second best match at WrestleMania 31" so, no, I can't claim to have followed the career of Orton closely for the last few years. However, if we are talking about his peak, that is surely when the entire programming of the WWE was centred around him, in 2009-10, that is when he was at the peak of boring. The main event of WrestleMania 25 may be the worst Mania main event.

Look, I'm aware that I'm clutching at straws here, I just don't really like Orton, and I do really like Scott Hall.

Look, I'm aware that I'm clutching at straws here, I just don't really like Orton, and I do really like Scott Hall.

I'm going to go ahead and clutch at those straws too. I've never been an Orton fan, and nothing they've done with him has piqued my interest. Meanwhile, Razor Ramon, and then Scott Hall in the Outsiders and nWo, were some of the greatest things to me as a kid. He had loads more charisma than Orton and was better in the ring.

Fuck Randy Orton. I'm in the camp with Tasty and NSL of not being a huge fan of Orton's work. I find him boring. Plus my accusations of him screwing Kofi's career are well known. I'm not going to deny his accolades, but when it comes down to it, Hall was just a thousand times more entertaining for me, so he gets my vote.

You really cant argue with preference, so I cant hope to sway anyone here. Hall is one of my favorites, but Randy has become far better than I ever expected. I have grown to like his style in the ring & appreciate him as one of the better heels of our time. His title wins are far more than Hall & sometimes being in the main event title picture trumps never really getting there, despite personal preference.

I like Hall more, but Randy is just too damn good to go out to someone with no world titles.

Randy Orton, after all he was dubbed as the Legend Killer :p Anyhow, Razar Ramon had his good times and fame by involving in the first ever ladder match at WM 10 and being a part of one of the most devastating forces in Pro-Wrestling industry, NWO. But you see, Randy Orton is a decorated World Champion, a gifted athlete, a good wrestler in every way. Scott was charismatic in his own way and a good heel, but Randy himself is a better heel. It's a tough choice to make, but I'm going with Randy Orton here.

Both guys were strong Intercontinental Champions, Orton's single run of 210 days against guys like RVD, Mick Foley, Shelton Benjamin and Edge is often overlooked. Scott Hall is usually counted among the best IC champs in history and we all know about the impact he made as part of the nWo.

When it's all said & done, however, I have to go with a guy who's been a certified main eventer for well over a decade and a 12 time World Champion, AKA Randy Orton, over one of the biggest mid-card and tag team wrestlers of the 90s, AKA Scott Hall.

I think it'd be a fun match pitting Orton's athleticism and ruthless mentality against Hall's power and brawling tactics, but I have to give it to Orton. I see it going down with Orton being picked up and put into position for the Razor's/Outsider Edge, he happens to be near the turnbuckles or ropes, he's struggling just a little to put Hall off balance, Orton places his feet against the tope rope/turnbuckle and thrusts hard. Hall is off balance, possibly bent over enough so that the momentum of Orton's thrust flips him over Hall's head, he lands on his feet and pops up out of nowhere with the RKO for the 1-2-3.

I'm a big fan of both guys, I reckon both Hall and Orton would make it into my top 10 favourites of all time, so I'm torn here.

Orton's 12 World Title reigns to Hall's 0 are what's making me vote for Randy, although it's closer than it looks due to there being 2 World belts during a lot of Orton's main event career, and Hall's multiple IC title reigns came at a time when that belt meant a hell of a lot. Plus, Hall was a key player in arguably the greatest angle in wrestling history- the nWo.

However, I just can't vote for Scott. On paper, Orton is the perfect superstar, he has it all. Hall should have achieved alot more than he did, due to his own demons and the fact Orton's got the world title reigns, the WM main events and possibly the best look in the business gives him my vote.

RKO OUTTA NOWHERE for the win!!

Orton all the way.

As Orton was the legend killer, it justifies his win over scott hall.

Orton is good in ring and mic skills too. He is the Savage of Hogan-like Cena. So Orton with the RKO for the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back