Change the entrance music...

An Angry Blonde

Occasional Pre-Show
This is pretty simple and self explainatory... Each week I'll add a new addition to the series, and you guys say what/if you would Change thier entrance music.

Starting off is John Cena...

Now his current theme doesn't seem to currently fit his Situtation, and should temparly be changed to....

Not afraid by Eminem

Now only Cena had enoulgh balls to stand up to nexus when they came out. Cena rallyed up the Raw locker room to fight back, and even united most of raws big names(-morrison and truth, well mostly truth) to take out nexus. Than cena beats the shit out of nexus, eventually forcing them to take action. That sounds like he's not afraid to me.

Now his current theme
"My time is now" by John Cena (Shocker:lol2::icon_rolleyes:)
Now he's had this since 2006(I think) till now of course...
Right now it seems to me that it doesn't fit him right now, and he hasn't been in the title scene for a while, so his time ain't now, nor will it be any time soon at this rate(Not complainning though;))

So my questions to you are...
#1:If you could change Cena's entrance music to any other song, what would it be?( Genre doesn't really matter if song fits him, also song does not need to be permanent eithier)

#2: If you wouldn't then why would you keep it the same over all the other songs You've heard?

Any thoughts?
BTW Jericho is next weeks just to keep in mind......
Also click the song titles,they are hyperlinks to their songs on youtube.

They should have changed it to " I Made It" by Kevin Rudoff( Wrestlemania's theme song). It fits John Cena perfectly and is a hot song. Another song I would replace his current theme with is "No Love" by Eminem and Lil Wayne. I guess to address his haters you can say. It doesn't have to be permanent. They can keep it for a year or 2 and then make another one permanent depending on how his character goes.

Since he is the man behind "Basic Thuganomics" and "Time is Now", it would only be fitting if he came out to a new song that he made.

They should change it to Natural Born Killaz by NWA, or Fuck You by Cee Lo Green, or Messa de Requiem by Giuseppe Verdi. I think any of those would be a refreshing change and nicely fitting for him.

WWE will most likely never use an already existing song for a single's star ever again because they like to brand their own products. I'm pretty sure Edge is the only one who has a song that was already made before it became his entrance song. With that said the only thing that would make sense for Cena (as someone already stated) is if he created his own once again. As much as I dislike rap I actually don't mind Cena's current song.

I think it is definitely time for a change in the case of Cena's theme music. I know he recently recorded a new song with Bumpy Knuckles and I actually liked the preview for it, I think he should use it as his new music.

[YOUTUBE]yuWkgNzyU9o[/YOUTUBE]

I also like the idea of the Not Afraid song by Eminem.

No one, and I mean no one can ever come out to Natural Born Killaz except for this man:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sECmQbwXo4Y&feature=related

Now to get down to this Cena issue. I don't see why he would need a change in theme music. I mean the song still pretty much works. As this is, as much as I hate the fact, the John Cena era, and having his theme song exclaim "your time is up, my time is now" makes it a perfect fit. Although if Cena were to ever go the way of the dark side and make the dreaded heel turn I would find it pretty funny if he were to change his music to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DTWGmcEY4Q&feature=related

heel turn = music change
maybe not as crappy as the rock's hollywood theme or stone cold's alliance theme. i dont really see him rapping his heel theme(maybe by bumpy knuckles?!?). but still i see him changing back to his current theme once he turns face again(maybe a new theme for that one). my time is now is his "classic" theme or vintage for all u cole miners out there(still a major TOOL!!!!).

WWE will most likely never use an already existing song for a single's star ever again because they like to brand their own products. I'm pretty sure Edge is the only one who has a song that was already made before it became his entrance song. With that said the only thing that would make sense for Cena (as someone already stated) is if he created his own once again. As much as I dislike rap I actually don't mind Cena's current song.

Of the top of my head, I know thats not true. CM Punk is another wrestler who has a entrance theme that was a song way before he used it (or even Orton for that one show he used it for)

Anyways Cena theme tune doesnt need changing, it stills suits his role within the company. His time is now, he is the number one face of the company. The words of the song even fit with him being just that so I see no need in changing it.

For Cena, my number one choice would be the song:

Untouchables by John Cena/Trademarc. It was on the originals cd that Wwe made a while back. This has such a great flow to it. And I think that it would work well as a transitional theme. It seems to fit him more than My time is Now, since his time has been for years now.

Another great one would be ''If it all ended tommorow'', It seems like it fits him well as well. This song was on his album, and plays at the end of The Marine.

A change in theme can be good, or bad, Look at R-truths, They changed it, seen that it didnt work, and then changed it back. I think the whole ''Time to get crunk'' theme had too much guitar in it, and didnt fit him like ''Whats up did''

Now Chris Jericho last entance was break down the walls

The song didn't seem to fit him when he went heel, and only goes well with his Y2J gimmick

So my questions to you are...
#1:If you could change Jericho's entrance music to any other song when he returns, what would it be?( Genre doesn't really matter if song fits him, also song does not need to be permanent eithier)

#2: If you wouldn't then why would you keep it the same over all the other songs You've heard?

Jericho's theme is about as untouchable as Taker's at this point. Break the walls down is a classic and should not be changed; if anything just tweak it but definitely don't make any major altercations.

They should change it to "I Did It, Mayne" by Eli Porter. Classic song.

Aside from that obvious choice, however, I'd go with an instrumental version of "Like, Yeah" by Tech N9ne.

Has similar energy to it, with his current theme, and he wouldn't have to worry about the words fitting his current situation.

Nonetheless, I think that the little marching band sound in the beginning would fit well with his WWE Soldier feel and it would get the crowd going for the most part.

Best I can think of off the top of my head.

Well I've been away from my threads for a a while, and it's time to bring back these series back to life,
My next topic is................................Randy Orton.............

His current theme is Voices by rev theory, and as we all know on Raw he seemed to be hinting to more badass type face, even removing his legendkiller pose from his entrances and the song doesn't seem to fit as well.

Now my choice would be the instrumental version of insane by eminem, or 3am by eminem, since the beat in the first one seems more orton, like he's on the brisk of going insane and snapping,, and in 3 am, It be like he's going a step further and ending his oppents............... permentally

So my questions are.................

#1) What song do you think should replace Orton's entrance music, and why?

#2) If you don't think it should be replaced, state why in your post?

The reason I picked orton's is because it isn't as iconic as jericho's or cena's, and it hasn't been around as long.

For the guy that posted about Austin's alliance theme song, this was by far my favorite of his themes. Total badass... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86d8TfH962M&feature=related

Back to Cena. I think as of right now he's sorta stuck with his theme music being the WWE's biggest star. He is being built to be the Hulk Hogan for the kids of this time period. For themes, Hogan was best known for "Real American" and I think the kids associate Cena with "My time is now"

I think it is definitely time for a change in the case of Cena's theme music. I know he recently recorded a new song with Bumpy Knuckles and I actually liked the preview for it, I think he should use it as his new music.

[YOUTUBE]yuWkgNzyU9o[/YOUTUBE]

I also like the idea of the Not Afraid song by Eminem.

I really like this preview. I could see it working if the Cena character became more edgy and unpredictable. Kind of like when Undertaker cut his hair and broke Maven's face open. Kind of I guess.

But I think Cena's music is fine the way it is now. I just can't picture him coming out to a new song, it's weird. My Time Is Now isn't that bad and it seems to still have a little life left in it after what, 5-6 years?

I listen to a wide variety of music, but I know alot of the music I listen to wouldn't sound good so I am skowering my music collection for this one.

I would rather see a change to the Raw theme...Nickleback automatically lowers any cred the WWE is looking for. It makes the WWE look like its only accessible to rednecks and white trash.

I think having a major artist doing the theme would help a lot. Somthing by Jay-Z or Kanye West would be pretty cool. If you want to stick to Rock something that the WWE has always gone too, somthing by Manson or Rob Zombie is always good because the WWE has used music by them in the past.

But here are some songs I wouldnt mind seeing as the theme(yes some of them are absurd)

"Stronger"- Kanye West(which I always thought would be a good theme for a heel Cena or someone like The Miz)

"Danger! High Voltage!"- Electric Six

"Days of Last"- Fucked Up

"Hot Soft Light"- The Hold Steady

"At This Velocity"- Thursday

"Vices"- Brand New

"Gasoline Dreams"- Outkast

"1901"- Pheonix

John Cena to.... T.I - Get Back Up
because he always gets back up really easily and the song is about if someone pushes you down then get back up and whoop there ass!

IMO, changing a superstars music is suicide if they are already established. Thats how you know whos coming down the ramp without looking.

Cena can never change his music. Its like The Rock, Austin or Goldberg. You cant mess with their music too much. It is who they are.

People who can benefit from catchy themes are the people who are bleh. I think MVP would have been way more over if he had a catchier theme. Instead, he never caught on. He was ok in the ring... but the crowd has no reaction to someone who has lame music.

So I say once someone is established, leave the music. Look at Orton. He mattered in Evolution because of the cathy theme.. He went solo with stupid music and he fell off. No one cared about him. He got some sweet voices in his head and bam, catchy music, supertstardom. He is one of the most popular superstars right now.

So as much as I hate Cena... his music is him. He should have that song forever. He could go away for 5 years and return at a RR 2016 to his current theme and we would instantly know OMG he's back without thinking about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back