Chicago Region, First Round: (9) Brain Busters vs. (56) US Express

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Brain Busters

• US Express

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the Chicago Region. It's a standard tag team match held in the Rosemont Horizon.

4025414292_5c4bda57d1.jpg

94dbe7b6c53d70813cf30fe77a58e3e2.jpg

9. Brain Busters

Vs.

03.jpg

56. US Express

Vote for who you feel is the better team. The poll will be open for THREE days starting approximately twenty four hours after this thread is posted. Use the time to argue and defend your choices. In the case of a tie, the team with more written votes will win. Only one vote per user.

Remember that this is a non-spam section and posts that do not meet our spam requirements will not count.

Wicked tough draw for the US Express here, but man, this would've been a GREAT match. However, Anderson and Blanchard are perhaps one of the greatest tag teams ever...easily a match for any other team in this tournament. Windham and Rotundo just didn't have the longevity, though they were a good tag team, and individually they had a metric shitload of talent.

Winners: The Brainbusters

Seeding tells the whole story here. Double a and tully have a chance to get very deep in this thing and are on my personal short list of top ten. Us express is a little green and rotunda, though a personal favorite, wasn't ,uch as a bay face partner. His other pairings in vc and money inc were both better.

Don't know if they'll get enough support from the majority throughout the entire tournament but I think The Brain Busters have a chance to win the whole thing. They were one of my favorite teams to watch and really worked great together. Not just fancy double team moves but they strategically had each other's back and were always thinking of different ways to get the upper hand. They knew what each other was thinking at all times. These guys were the textbook definition of a tag team.

I'll say it once and I'll say it again... this team beat every meaningful tag team in the most meaningful tag team era in wrestling history. Road Warriors? Check. Demolition? Check. Rock n Roll Express, Midnight Express, Rockers, Hart Foundation? All check.

These guys, along with Bobby Heenan or JJ Dillion, were in another world when it comes to tag team wrestling. Sure the Legion of Doom and others will get more love in the tournament, and deservedly so, but don't sleep on Arn and Tully. They find ways to win under any circumstances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back