Chris Cornell Died

Alex

King Of The Wasteland
I actually cried. That dude's music helped me out a lot

[YOUTUBE]3mbBbFH9fAg[/YOUTUBE]

Huge fan of Temple of the Dog and Soundgarden. Audioslave had a great first album and weren't that great after. I really liked Cornell. That generation, bands like Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Nirvana and so on, was fantastic and doesn't get enough credit. Much better than the really hard metal and the 80's hair bands. A lot of these guys have died, and it really stinks.

I was talking to my mom today about because she knew I was a fan and sent me something on Facebook about it.

I was telling her how three of the singers from the big four "grunge" bands are all now dead along with Scott Weiland with STP obviously being big in the 90s.

And then you have someone like Mike Starr from AIC.

You can include Andrew Wood from Mother Love Bone as well. He was the first. The Temple Of The Dog album is a tribute to him

He was one of the few artists from that era that I felt I related too while trudging through the high school years. His music just had "it" for me, kept me motivated during some trying times.

[youtube]T0_zzCLLRvE[/youtube]

Fuck! I just heard on the radio. Couldn't believe it.

Did you guys read Morello's poem? It's pretty touching.

Very sad. Soundgarden was a favorite of mine growing up. "Black Hole Sun" remains one of my all time favorite songs. I liked Audioslave as a teen. Temple of the Dog's "Hungry Strike" had a profound impact on me too. RIP Cornell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back