CM Punk Joining The UFC Is Ironic & Hypocritical

Umm, Ironic? I don't recall Punk saying that MMA is a joke.

Hypocritical? Are we both clear on the definition of hypocrisy? Just checking to see if I'm falling short here; I imagine that the closest this decision comes to making Punk a hypocrite is in that he'll be fighting over a Bud Light logo. I really don't see any legitimate reason for calling Punk a hypocrite or sensing irony in his joining UFC, them's strong words.

Preferential treatment? That's an issue for you?

How likely are you to make time to watch Nate Diaz take on someone like BJ Penn? If you're into MMA, that probably sounds like a stellar match. You might possibly fire up the DVR and save it so you can watch it after going grocery shopping.

How likely are you to make time to watch a guy like CM Punk make a spectacular entrance with his traditional "IT'S CLOBBERING TIME!" while Cult of Personality blasts through the arena? The potential for the entrance alone will shock a much wider audience into buying that PPV. You're damn right Punk is going to get preferential treatment, he's going to be the biggest draw the UFC has seen since Lesnar.

It's obviously going to piss off a few fighters that Punk makes three times the amount they made even if he loses to them, it'll also probably make that cute little minority of America known as MMA enthusiasts cry foul at how their sacred art form is being ruined before their eyes. For that one show, the UFC will make back the money they'll likely lose pushing no-name fighters for the five or six months that the more popular fighters take as a break between fights. Punk could take on Dana White's mom, lose, and make more money in that one exposition than Nate Diaz could make in his whole career.

CM Punk and the UFC ultimately win no matter what happens with this. I'm sure that the dorks who wear Affliction shirts that are two sizes too small for them and use their cauliflower ears as ice breakers will have to drown their sorrows in extra intravenous doses of MyoPlex and tainted testosterone.

Umm, Ironic? I don't recall Punk saying that MMA is a joke.

Hypocritical? Are we both clear on the definition of hypocrisy? Just checking to see if I'm falling short here; I imagine that the closest this decision comes to making Punk a hypocrite is in that he'll be fighting over a Bud Light logo. I really don't see any legitimate reason for calling Punk a hypocrite or sensing irony in his joining UFC, them's strong words.

Preferential treatment? That's an issue for you?

How likely are you to make time to watch Nate Diaz take on someone like BJ Penn? If you're into MMA, that probably sounds like a stellar match. You might possibly fire up the DVR and save it so you can watch it after going grocery shopping.

How likely are you to make time to watch a guy like CM Punk make a spectacular entrance with his traditional "IT'S CLOBBERING TIME!" while Cult of Personality blasts through the arena? The potential for the entrance alone will shock a much wider audience into buying that PPV. You're damn right Punk is going to get preferential treatment, he's going to be the biggest draw the UFC has seen since Lesnar.

It's obviously going to piss off a few fighters that Punk makes three times the amount they made even if he loses to them, it'll also probably make that cute little minority of America known as MMA enthusiasts cry foul at how their sacred art form is being ruined before their eyes. For that one show, the UFC will make back the money they'll likely lose pushing no-name fighters for the five of six months that the more popular fighters take as a break between fights. Punk could take on Dana White's mom, lose, and make more money in that one exposition than Nate Diaz could make in his whole career.

CM Punk and the UFC ultimately win no matter what happens with this. I'm sure that the dorks who wear Affliction shirts that are two sizes too small for them and use their cauliflower ears as ice breakers will have to drown their sorrows in extra intravenous doses of MyoPlex and tainted testosterone.

So, either you're trolling and it's obvious or you have no idea what the words ironic, hypocritical, or preferential mean.

It's hypocritical because he constantly criticized people like Rock, Brock, Batista, HHH, etc. for coming in and getting a spot on the PPV because of their name only, and not because of their work ethic. He then went to UFC and is getting a spot on the card, not because of his talent, skill, experience, or work ethic, but only because of his name. He's doing what he said he hated in the WWE. That's literally the definition of hypocritical.

It's ironic because he has basically alluded to the fact that he wouldn't ever go back to be a spot stealer on the WWE roster, but he's willing to be a spot stealer on the UFC card. Saying one thing but doing doing the opposite is a form of irony.

Preferential treatment means that if a NOT famous 36 year old that's in the absolute minimum shape decided to be in UFC, he'd be laughed at. Punk is getting his slot only because of fame, he is literally as unqualified for UFC as a person can be. He's the guy that everyone in real life makes fun of because they take some Brazilian jujitsu classes next to the Orange Julius at the local shopping complex and they think that they can compete in an octagon cage.

I have seen a total of maybe 5 separate UFC fights in my life, it's a sport filled with worse humans as fans than any other. I'd rather watch some guys tear it up in fake fighting where they can walk and talk and see on Monday morning. But that's besides the point. He basically shit on the WWE for 4 hours of free air time over the last month and then went and did the exact same thing that he cried over the most.

Well, I wasn't being completely literal when I called The Rock the "biggest movie star in the world"... Rock is ONE of the biggest movie stars in the world. Better? I'm not really going to get into how great of an actor The Rock really is, all I'll say is that he is already scheduled to be in two huge movies in 2015; FF 7 and San Andreas and he's obviously in high demand seeing as he's been in a shit-ton of movies lately. From the start of 2013 up until today, he's been in 7 pretty huge hits. He doesn't need to go to WWE to promote GI Joe or FF... mainly because those movies don't need to be promoted too much.

Again, this is wrong. Going by his box office numbers and releases, he's been in 5 movies released, and 2 more on the way next year. Of those movies, only FF6 can be considered a'huge' hit and even then, compared to recent standards to qualify for a huge hit, this fell short. Only 238$ million box office, when by most standards, a 'huge' hit now needs to rake in at least 400-500$million+. Now the numbers do inflate when adding international box office, but I admit I'm using US domstic numbers. And those movies have HUGE advertising budgets to market the movies, so if they can get 'free' publicity they might well ask their actors to go on the talk show circuit, or in the case of Johnson to return to WWE to get their fans interested in the movie.

I'm trying to understand your argument here. So because The Rock is not the "biggest" movie star in the world, that means that he only comes back to WWE to promote his movies? When has The Rock ever promoted one of his movies on WWETV? Maybe it hasn't helped because, oh I don't know, it's not the reason he's there. I'm just trying to understand the jump you're making here. Can you clarify?
Every time he comes back, there are commercials for his movies, the announce team constantly hypes that he just filming such and such movie and it's coming out on so and so date. He might not do it himself to a degree you see, but he will mention that he was in this or that movie every now in then.

Lesnar came to WWE only because he couldn't compete in UFC anymore. Punk went to UFC only because his wrestling career wasn't working out. Punk also most likely has a ridiculously high valued contract. Not seeing a difference here.
There isn't a difference here except that Lesnar left wrestling because he didn't want to do the work or put in the time it required. He wanted more time to spend with his wife, and thought he'd make more money if he went to football (failed to make a team) and then went to UFC because WWE didn't want to pay him at the time what he thought he was worth after he abandoned them. He came back not out of love of the biz, but he wanted a light schedule with a big pay day for what he seems to feel is easy work.
Punk 'left' WWE because of injury and when he tried to find out what was going on he was given the run around, they tried to refuse paying him for work he'd already done and then suspended him until near the end of his contract and sent termination papers the day of his wedding.
Punk should start out as a nobody because he IS a nobody in the ultimate fighting world. He's never had a fight, never had extensive training, he's a nobody. Your assumption that he WILL fight another nobody may not come to fruition as he'll probably face a semi-recognizable name. Rock and Lesnar were already multiple time champions and legends in the WWE before they made their returns. You say they were shoved down our throats, but what does that mean? Did you want to see Brock Lesnar start at the bottom and face R-Truth or Fandango? What if Punk came back... would you complain about him being shoved down your throat if he was placed in a World title feud? The Rock and Brock Lesnar earned their WWE spots by making themselves legends in a WWE ring. Punk may very well be a legend in a WWE ring, but again, he's a nobody in a UFC ring.

If he came back and started a full schedule then I wouldn't care who he was faced with. WWE with Punk is a better company with a stronger roster then WWE without Punk. And he is going to be starting at the bottom against people who aren't the top guys in the company, he isn't going to be handed title shots and allowed to work a quarter sched compared to other people in the company. He might be getting a larger payday, but he's still going to be facing off against low ranked talent.

As for the rest. Yes. Yes I would love to see guys like Rock and Brock when they come back face the mid card roster to start with. To see if they can still handle the work and also to help teach and elevate the lower ranks. Show confidence in your current full time roster by letting them face top FORMER talents who are on light schedules and tease the confrontations against top talent instead of throwing them right off the bat at each other. Let the fans see why there is such interest in them. Don't have to go all the way down. There are plenty of upper card former champs they could work with realistically. Show, Henry, Kane, Swagger(I'd pay for swagger vs Brock), Miz, and others. And then the up and comers like Sandow, Cesaro, Rusev, Oneill and so on. A lot more options then shoving them into matches against the same 2-3 guys (Orton, HHH, Cena) all the time.

Again, this is wrong. Going by his box office numbers and releases, he's been in 5 movies released, and 2 more on the way next year. Of those movies, only FF6 can be considered a'huge' hit and even then, compared to recent standards to qualify for a huge hit, this fell short. Only 238$ million box office, when by most standards, a 'huge' hit now needs to rake in at least 400-500$million+. Now the numbers do inflate when adding international box office, but I admit I'm using US domstic numbers. And those movies have HUGE advertising budgets to market the movies, so if they can get 'free' publicity they might well ask their actors to go on the talk show circuit, or in the case of Johnson to return to WWE to get their fans interested in the movie.

He's been in 7; Empire State, Snitch, Pain and Gain, FF6, GI. Joe, Hercules, and Journey 3, plus the two that are supposed to be released next year and the one that's scheduled for 2016. I guess we have different interpretations of what "huge" is. When I say a huge hit, I'm mostly talking about a movie that is constantly advertised and hyped. A movie that has"grand openings" and gets a lot of attention from the media and public. I'm not referring to how the movie does in the box-office, maybe I should have clarified. I guess "huge" isn't the right word.. more like internationally publicized. 400-500 mill is only raked in by the best of the best movies... not many can pull that off.

Every time he comes back, there are commercials for his movies, the announce team constantly hypes that he just filming such and such movie and it's coming out on so and so date. He might not do it himself to a degree you see, but he will mention that he was in this or that movie every now in then.

This is called a mutually beneficial agreement. Rock comes back to give the WWE a huge payday (which he has done for the past few years) and in turn, the WWE plugs his movies. This does not mean that the The Rock solely comes back because he wants to plug a movie. If he wanted to create buzz for his upcoming films, why wouldn't he just show up and take an authority role instead of stepping in the ring almost every time. If he was SOLELY thinking only about his movie, he wouldn't risk hurting himself.

There isn't a difference here except that Lesnar left wrestling because he didn't want to do the work or put in the time it required. He wanted more time to spend with his wife, and thought he'd make more money if he went to football (failed to make a team) and then went to UFC because WWE didn't want to pay him at the time what he thought he was worth after he abandoned them. He came back not out of love of the biz, but he wanted a light schedule with a big pay day for what he seems to feel is easy work.
Punk 'left' WWE because of injury and when he tried to find out what was going on he was given the run around, they tried to refuse paying him for work he'd already done and then suspended him until near the end of his contract and sent termination papers the day of his wedding.

Semantics man. Facts are, Lesnar and Punk both left their respective companies for one reason or another, and decided to get into something that would continue to make them a lot of money. The reasons are mute. Whether Lesnar gave a shit about WWE or not, the point is he came in and was handed the world along with a fat paycheck. Punk will go into the UFC, he will be handed a spot and he will make a fat paycheck. Also, your last point only checks out if you believe everything CM Punk says... seeing as he has contradicted himself a NUMBER of times, I wouldn't really count what CM Punk says as fact. To be fair, same goes for WWE.

If Punk is pissed off at Lesnar for "taking a spot", than he can't be surprised when MMA guys now get pissed off at him for doing the same thing. Punk has even said that the irony is not lost on him... he basically admits it.

If he came back and started a full schedule then I wouldn't care who he was faced with. WWE with Punk is a better company with a stronger roster then WWE without Punk. And he is going to be starting at the bottom against people who aren't the top guys in the company, he isn't going to be handed title shots and allowed to work a quarter sched compared to other people in the company. He might be getting a larger payday, but he's still going to be facing off against low ranked talent.

And if he came back and didn't work a full schedule? Would you be just as outraged as you are about Lesnar and The Rock?

WWE is also a stronger roster with Brock Lesnar and The Rock and to say it's not would be foolish. These two guys are probably the two biggest draws on the roster, and again, have actually earned their spots. That point can not be debated. Punk is starting lower on the card because he would get his ass kicked against the UFC champions and that's the ONLY reason he won't fight them right off the bat. You saw what happened with Brock Lesnar, and to be fair, the guy is a monster with a monster collegiate wrestling background. I actually wouldn't MIND that much if CM Punk was put in a title match off the bat, because at least that would prove he can hang with the best and this isn't just some bucket list hobby. The fact that he's at the bottom shows that he doesn't have the skill to make too much of an impact higher up on the card.

As for the rest. Yes. Yes I would love to see guys like Rock and Brock when they come back face the mid card roster to start with. To see if they can still handle the work and also to help teach and elevate the lower ranks. Show confidence in your current full time roster by letting them face top FORMER talents who are on light schedules and tease the confrontations against top talent instead of throwing them right off the bat at each other. Let the fans see why there is such interest in them. Don't have to go all the way down. There are plenty of upper card former champs they could work with realistically. Show, Henry, Kane, Swagger(I'd pay for swagger vs Brock), Miz, and others. And then the up and comers like Sandow, Cesaro, Rusev, Oneill and so on. A lot more options then shoving them into matches against the same 2-3 guys (Orton, HHH, Cena) all the time.

Maybe you would like to see those matches, but the majority of fans would probably be pretty angry that Lesnar and The Rock's brief appearances are wasted on the likes of Kane, Mark Henry, or The Miz. Also, I'm pretty sure Lesnar has worked with both Big Show and Mark Henry? Correct me if I'm wrong because I might be off on that point. I mean it could work, but really Lesnar vs Sandow? The Rock vs Titus O Neil? They've earned better than being put with glorified jobbers. And there's that word again... earned.

He's been in 7; Empire State, Snitch, Pain and Gain, FF6, GI. Joe, Hercules, and Journey 3, plus the two that are supposed to be released next year and the one that's scheduled for 2016. I guess we have different interpretations of what "huge" is. When I say a huge hit, I'm mostly talking about a movie that is constantly advertised and hyped. A movie that has"grand openings" and gets a lot of attention from the media and public. I'm not referring to how the movie does in the box-office, maybe I should have clarified. I guess "huge" isn't the right word.. more like internationally publicized. 400-500 mill is only raked in by the best of the best movies... not many can pull that of

Never heard of empire state. And it was Journey 2 not 3. All major company releases have grand openings, just ones with more commercial tie ins or award potentials get more widespread coverage of those premiers. And thats all paid advertising by the production company any way as they plaster positive info about a movie to try and get people to go and see them. Just look at Hercules (7/25/14). A 100$ million dollar budget that brought in only 72$million box office. And that budget doesn't include any advertising or promotion expenses. Pain and Gain(4.26.13) less then 50$million box office. Snitch(2.22.13) barely 42$million. F&F 6 (5.24.13) and GI JOE (3.28.13) only two of his movies in last 3 years to break 120$million. Jounery 2 (2/10/12) had 103$million. F&F 5 (4/29/11) 209$million.

Going over his movies, he has 3 movies that broke 200$million, and 4 others that broke 100$million. However, only one of them could be considered a starring role and it was a sequel. The rest are either sequels of films that were going to be successful with or without him or they are movies were he was a supporting or secondary role (other guys and get smart). the FF movies, GI JOE, Mummy Returns are his higher grossing roles, but as mentioned, he wasn't the 'star' of the films

This is called a mutually beneficial agreement. Rock comes back to give the WWE a huge payday (which he has done for the past few years) and in turn, the WWE plugs his movies. This does not mean that the The Rock solely comes back because he wants to plug a movie. If he wanted to create buzz for his upcoming films, why wouldn't he just show up and take an authority role instead of stepping in the ring almost every time. If he was SOLELY thinking only about his movie, he wouldn't risk hurting himself.
I never said he did it solely for the movies. He did after all get a pretty decent payout for his WWE appearances. But to suggest that one of the main driving concerns hype of his appearances isn't about trying to draw attention to his rather modest box office returns is just as foolish as claiming that it isn't an issue at all.

Semantics man. Facts are, Lesnar and Punk both left their respective companies for one reason or another, and decided to get into something that would continue to make them a lot of money. The reasons are mute. Whether Lesnar gave a shit about WWE or not, the point is he came in and was handed the world along with a fat paycheck. Punk will go into the UFC, he will be handed a spot and he will make a fat paycheck. Also, your last point only checks out if you believe everything CM Punk says... seeing as he has contradicted himself a NUMBER of times, I wouldn't really count what CM Punk says as fact. To be fair, same goes for WWE.
Vince and wwe have a much longer history of confirmable bullshit said/done to workers than whatever 'contradictions' people claim Punk has said in his statements. I'm not saying I believe every word out of his mouth, as every story has too sides, but the timing of certain actions on the part of WWE is too slick to be anything other then deliberate.

If Punk is pissed off at Lesnar for "taking a spot", than he can't be surprised when MMA guys now get pissed off at him for doing the same thing. Punk has even said that the irony is not lost on him... he basically admits it.
The Difference of what Punk did vs. what Brock/Rock did, is when Punk has his debut, he might be taking a spot, but he isn't taking a sport from the top tier talent. He's going to be working people in a similar position of just starting out in UFC with 1-2 matches under their belts and not going immediately to be come the primary focus for the story fighting against the top of the line draws or champs right from the moment he shows up on a UFC card.
And if he came back and didn't work a full schedule? Would you be just as outraged as you are about Lesnar and The Rock?
If he comes back and doesn't work a full sched and does same thing as Brock/Rock I won't care about that, I will be disappointed in the hypocrisy of that action. I'm not outraged about Brock Rock not working a full sched, but I am annoyed that they become the primary focus, and Brock for one doesn't do matches except for a few PPVs, Has the title and doesn't defend it or even appear on tv for weeks at a time. That outrages me. If he was only part time, but wasn't handed the title, or made the attempt to show on a semi regular (not all shows, say every other raw or smackdown for 2-3 appearances and matches-even squash matches against jobbers) I wouldn't care one way or the other. But handing guys like that the title is ridiculous and a slap in the face to every member of the roster who works their ass off 5 or 6 nights a week trying to get to the level to just have a shot at that title the person and company doesn't seem to care about. That pisses me off.

WWE is also a stronger roster with Brock Lesnar and The Rock and to say it's not would be foolish. These two guys are probably the two biggest draws on the roster, and again, have actually earned their spots. That point can not be debated. Punk is starting lower on the card because he would get his ass kicked against the UFC champions and that's the ONLY reason he won't fight them right off the bat. You saw what happened with Brock Lesnar, and to be fair, the guy is a monster with a monster collegiate wrestling background. I actually wouldn't MIND that much if CM Punk was put in a title match off the bat, because at least that would prove he can hang with the best and this isn't just some bucket list hobby. The fact that he's at the bottom shows that he doesn't have the skill to make too much of an impact higher up on the card.
Even Lesnar when he orig left WWE didn't immediately start against UFC's top guys but had to work his way there. And no I don't think Lesnar has earned his spot. He wasn't around long enough his first run to lay any claim to having earned a spot or paid his dues. He was never in it for anything other then a way to get money and attention to transition to what he felt he was more legit in first his attempted NFL career and then when that failed, WWE didn't want him around so went to UFC, and even if there was some interest on WWE's part at the time, UFC was offering much more money and less or a work load and that's what he wanted.
As for Punk being at the bottom showing he doesn't have the skill, I think it shows that he's being cautious in his attitudes towards the UFC roster. He knows he's taking a spot someone else has worked for (hence the mention that he understands the irony in his actions), he has enough respect for the roster and the work they did that he isn't stealing shots or spots for those who are proven successes in the sport, instead sliding into a spot against others who are unproven and just starting out.
Maybe you would like to see those matches, but the majority of fans would probably be pretty angry that Lesnar and The Rock's brief appearances are wasted on the likes of Kane, Mark Henry, or The Miz. Also, I'm pretty sure Lesnar has worked with both Big Show and Mark Henry? Correct me if I'm wrong because I might be off on that point. I mean it could work, but really Lesnar vs Sandow? The Rock vs Titus O Neil? They've earned better than being put with glorified jobbers. And there's that word again... earned.

First off, I have never felt that Lesnar earned anything. Everything was handed to him and he didn't appreciate anything that was done for him. But that's another thread altogether. For this one and my comments, IF they come back, I'm not saying they need to have a full sched. Even a match every other week against established workers that they might have a history with (Rock vs Kane) or that were put in spots that had been their's before they left (Lesnar vs Henry) and then work with the younger guys and put them over, even if they win the matches, let them show what they can do against former top talents.

How are new stars going to emerge if they aren't given the chance to shine against top talents either current or former talent returning? Imagine if that was your attitude towards a yet, foolish looking man just starting out and going by the name Flex Maivia? Or how about a young Jack Mason, Mean Mark Calous, Terry Bolea, Randy Poffo, Michael Hickenbottom? If the top guys weren't willing to work with them and help them improve, there'd be no Rock, No Mankind, no Undertaker, Macho Man, HBK. Call them jobbers if you want, but there's no way of knowing where the next break out star is if you don't give people a chance to work with the current top level guys.

Titus vs Brock, or Rusev vs Brock would allow both Titus and Rusev to show that they are real beasts in the ring and showcase their power against a known quantity in Lesnar instead of against less known talents. Rock vs Ziggler could be an insanely entertaining match, as could Rock vs Cesaro. There's a lot of room to play with when you have what, 3hrs Raw, 2hrs Smackdown, 2 hrs Mainevent, 1hr NXT to try and fill. When Rock and Lesnar were breaking in, established stars did what they could to help them break out and learn the biz and now it should be their turn to pass their knowledge and experience on to the younger generation. This goes for anyone who comes back after an absence. Golddust is doing it now with Cody. Jericho did it for several people on his various returns. Its what tradition calls for, but their egos refuse.

When you think of great athletes in the WWE..... C.M. Punk does not come to mind. A guy like Kofi Kingstone is someone who you might say is a great athlete. So what was C.M. Punk so special for........he was good on the mike. C.M. Punk is a very good talker. Newsflash............Being a good talker is not going to be any use to him when the cage door closes in the octagon. It is going to be a bad time for C.M. Punk.
Logic has spoken.

When you think of great athletes in the WWE..... C.M. Punk does not come to mind. A guy like Kofi Kingstone is someone who you might say is a great athlete. So what was C.M. Punk so special for........he was good on the mike. C.M. Punk is a very good talker. Newsflash............Being a good talker is not going to be any use to him when the cage door closes in the octagon. It is going to be a bad time for C.M. Punk.
Logic has spoken.
If A (a poster on a professional wrestling message board doesn't think a person has the look of a professional athlete) is true;

AND

If B (a poster on a professional wrestling message board thinks a person is good talking on a microphone) is true;

THEN

C: The person in question is not a quality mixed martial arts fighter.

LOGIC HAS SPOKEN!

Roy Nelson and Mark Hunt will be relieved to hear your opinion.

So, either you're trolling and it's obvious or you have no idea what the words ironic, hypocritical, or preferential mean.

I'm not trolling, and I won't bore someone as brilliant as you with excuses for my scatter-brained state of mind when I made that post. Let's instead debate the points that were made.

It's hypocritical because he constantly criticized people like Rock, Brock, Batista, HHH, etc. for coming in and getting a spot on the PPV because of their name only, and not because of their work ethic. He then went to UFC and is getting a spot on the card, not because of his talent, skill, experience, or work ethic, but only because of his name. He's doing what he said he hated in the WWE. That's literally the definition of hypocritical.

Thank you for your thoughts, rest assured I'm not trying to be a contrarian so bear with me:

Punk is upset that he is the one being fed to guys who have no long term plans with the WWE in that he's a pro-wrestler and has to just pony-up a loss for the bookers; I don't see this aspect making him a hypocrite because imagine for a moment that you're an aspiring MMA fighter with five years experience and a few black belts. From your perspective, are you really upset that you're practically being fed this relative newbie who'll surely draw millions of people to your fight? Maybe it would be hypocritical of the UFC to bash on pro-wrestling and then milk former pro-wrestlers, but Punk probably isn't coming in there to pay his opponents to lose on purpose so he'll look better and then bounce when his check doesn't. It's a very different scenario than having to job to part-timers.

It's ironic because he has basically alluded to the fact that he wouldn't ever go back to be a spot stealer on the WWE roster, but he's willing to be a spot stealer on the UFC card. Saying one thing but doing doing the opposite is a form of irony.

Argh. That's more a form of hypocrisy, and yes I can be a real smart ass at times and I humbly apologize. Irony would be if (please correct me if I'm wrong) Punk basically alluded to the fact that joining the UFC would really help his career only to lose miserably in his first fight and go bankrupt the next day. Still lost on why I should regard Punk as an ironic fellow.

Preferential treatment means that if a NOT famous 36 year old that's in the absolute minimum shape decided to be in UFC, he'd be laughed at. Punk is getting his slot only because of fame, he is literally as unqualified for UFC as a person can be. He's the guy that everyone in real life makes fun of because they take some Brazilian jujitsu classes next to the Orange Julius at the local shopping complex and they think that they can compete in an octagon cage.

Yes yes yes, I know. I too have talked to "everyone in real life" and they informed me through their native Gaelic that Punk's mimicry of a jujitsu enthusiast is disgraceful. They were a little too busy eating the rat turds off the floor of said Orange Julius, so I didn't get very much else out of them.

It's my understanding that if the great state of Nevada's athletic board deems you worthy of getting your face stomped, you qualify to fight for the UFC. Maybe if they change the shape to an oval you'll change your tune, who knows. Either way, we live in a Capitalist society that values money over integrity and I'll probably agree with you on which one of those decided Punk's preferential treatment in joining the UFC.

I have seen a total of maybe 5 separate UFC fights in my life, it's a sport filled with worse humans as fans than any other. I'd rather watch some guys tear it up in fake fighting where they can walk and talk and see on Monday morning. But that's besides the point. He basically shit on the WWE for 4 hours of free air time over the last month and then went and did the exact same thing that he cried over the most.

Oh pish posh! Don't give me a false-dilemma fallacy that suggests that his recent commentary amounts to the exact opposite of joining the UFC with preferential treatment. If I don't see it that way, it's your burden to convince me if that's going to be the crux of a statement you're feeding me as axiomatic. You only lose your momentum in the UFC if you lose the fights, CM Punk coming to the UFC and promptly leaving will likely only be because he couldn't hang and not because he needed a quick paycheck inbetween other projects.

People are still calling this a work which astounds me. Wait no it doesn't. This is the internet.

It is hypocritical because you know why? Punk will have maybe 3 fights or so, call it good and get Vince on the phone for that Wrestlemania main event spot because he will then be a "household" name. I have no doubt for a second Punk will come back and have part time status and ironically start defending himself being part time.

I used to be a huge fan of CM Punk and wanted him to come back all year, but after really learning how much of a baby he is, my likeness for him has dwindled significantly. He has some valid points in that he should have main evented some pay per views while being WWE Champion. I recall pay per views where he faced Daniel Bryan and John Cena vs John Laurinitis went on after them which is absured. Him whining about the main event of Wrestlemania though is laughable.

He and Jericho were the second to last match on Wrestlemania 28 and that was because the biggest match in god knows how long was going to main event and there was nothing anyone could do about it. Rock vs Cena drew what like 1.3 million pay per view buys alone? It's business and smart business at that. Punk thinking he was getting the main event spot over that match is hilarious. Same with the year after.

There are times when someone thinks they are the shit but then need to get knocked down a peg, look themselves in the mirror and realize wow maybe I wasn't as good as I thought I was. Which is CM Punk in this case. He was great don't get me wrong, but for him to basically say he got nothing in WWE is comical. They gave him Wrestlemania marquee matches, the longest championship reign in 25 years, an outstanding spotlight moment at Money In The Bank 2011 and multiple chances.

It is hypocritical because you know why? Punk will have maybe 3 fights or so, call it good and get Vince on the phone for that Wrestlemania main event spot because he will then be a "household" name. I have no doubt for a second Punk will come back and have part time status and ironically start defending himself being part time.

Dahh, okay. The situation therefore will EVENTUALLY be a hypocritical one, given that the circumstances you magically pulled out of thin air actually occur. I agree, if Punk goes back to the WWE and defends being a part-timer with loftier goals in mind then he will have become a raging hypocrite. I don't think that scenario has a snowball's chance in hell of happening, but I'll stand corrected if it does.

I used to be a huge fan of CM Punk and wanted him to come back all year, but after really learning how much of a baby he is, my likeness for him has dwindled significantly. He has some valid points in that he should have main evented some pay per views while being WWE Champion. I recall pay per views where he faced Daniel Bryan and John Cena vs John Laurinitis went on after them which is absured. Him whining about the main event of Wrestlemania though is laughable.

I, umm, wait what? Okay, I don't think I'm getting the full wisdom of your statement. I'll try to interpret what I read, apologies if I'm way out of the ballpark. You don't like CM Punk anymore because you thought that his wanting to be in the main event of Wrestlemania was laugh-out-loud funny. I'm still a huge fan of Punk's work, much like I'm a fan of Stan Hansen's work. I'm still not on the same page as you regarding what turned you off about Punk.

There are times when someone thinks they are the shit but then need to get knocked down a peg, look themselves in the mirror and realize wow maybe I wasn't as good as I thought I was. Which is CM Punk in this case. He was great don't get me wrong, but for him to basically say he got nothing in WWE is comical. They gave him Wrestlemania marquee matches, the longest championship reign in 25 years, an outstanding spotlight moment at Money In The Bank 2011 and multiple chances.

Well, it's not totally clear whether CM Punk is joining the UFC solely to earn what the WWE never gave him. While even I don't see him holding any kind of UFC championship in his lifetime, the UFC usually allows their champions to have the last match of the night. Whether or not the WWE gave him his fair share is one for philosphers to debate into eternity, I highly doubt that the UFC will leave him with nearly as many complaints.

If A (a poster on a professional wrestling message board doesn't think a person has the look of a professional athlete) is true;

AND

If B (a poster on a professional wrestling message board thinks a person is good talking on a microphone) is true;

THEN

C: The person in question is not a quality mixed martial arts fighter.

LOGIC HAS SPOKEN!

Roy Nelson and Mark Hunt will be relieved to hear your opinion.

It is not about what he looks like, it is about the fact that he has not shown that he has great athletic ability. Brock showed tremendous athletic ability speed, strength, agility for a man his size was incredible. C.M. Punk in comparison has shown himself to be very ordinary.
Logic has spoken.

This makes no fucking sense.

Cm Punk is no taking the spot from anybody, he's just an amateur fighter that is likely going fight another inexperienced fighter in a card with many other fights, is not like he's going to go for the title or take the opportunity of anyone else to be on the card.

This is fucking stupid, is like to say Punk would have complained if The Rock would have returned to face Dolph Ziggler in a random match in Raw, he would likely be happy about that, because it would help to make Dolph Ziggler's a name, as well as he's going to help other up-coming mma fighter, putting him on the map with his fame.

i don't see the hypocrisy here...Seriously, Punk haters are beyond me.

It is not about what he looks like, it is about the fact that he has not shown that he has great athletic ability. Brock showed tremendous athletic ability speed, strength, agility for a man his size was incredible. C.M. Punk in comparison has shown himself to be very ordinary.
Logic has spoken.

Cm Punk has not shown athletic ability? He's one of the few american wrestlers than used different martial art styles like Muay Thai and BJJ on his matches and combine it with his expansive and versatile moveset and great technique to put great matches, also he had one of the best cardios in WWE.

If you think Koffi Kingston would do better than him in UFC only because he can jump higher, just shows how little you understand about MMA.

Logic has spoken.
So...... you're basing your opinion in how someone would do in combat fighting based on their skills displayed as an actor.

Please, tell us more about this logic of yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back