Colt Cabana Signs With WWE

Status
Not open for further replies.

X

RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
ROH Star Signs WWE Deal - Details Inside
04/03/2007 by Ryan Clark

Source: PWInsider.com

Ring of Honour star "Classic" Colt Cabana recently signed a WWE developmental deal and was backstage at Wrestlemania over the weekend. He has done some work for the company in the past and is expected to be assigned to Ohio Valley Wrestling imminently.

Cabana has worked with current rising star CM Punk and is best known for being one third of the Second City Saints along with Punk and WWE developmental star Ace Steel, who incidently trained the pair. He and Punk were also ROH tag Champions in the past where Cabana complemented Punk's serious character by being a little more lighthearted.

Cabana has been no stranger to Europe over the past few years and has done some work for MTV Wrestling Society X under a persona of "Matt Classic."

Personally I'm souped. What do you guys think?

Well ,havent seen any of his work but I think hes made a mistake. An ROH guy going to WWE just doesnt seem right.

I feel that Colt Cabana will probably after a few months in OVW will debut on Smackdown. I think ECW is Punk's home for the short time being and i say shortly after Cabana debut son Smackdown we will see Punk move to Smackdown as well. Maybe reforming their tag team and take those belts off London and Kendrick.

either way i just hope WWE dont find a way to screw things up as usual

I don't like it. I'm glad that his pay check just increased proportionally though...

Colt Cabana should have no trouble getting over though, he's a great guy. He can walk the walk and talk the talk, as they say.

Well ,havent seen any of his work but I think hes made a mistake. An ROH guy going to WWE just doesnt seem right.

if you would have seen his work, you would know that it is NOT a mistake...his style suits him very well for the WWE, and he truly deserves his shot

Not sure what you mean by that dmw2007, could you elaborate more in your posts?

I don't understand why all the negativity about this, I mean, yeah the WWE constantly constantly fucks things up in every possible situation, but if their signing Colt Cabana they know who they're getting. They know he's an ROH guy and they know about the history with CM Punk. I think Cabana will definately go to ECW (if it's still around by the time Cabana's done his OVW time) and either feud or tag again with CM Punk. If they're still planning on introducing and ECW tag title, they'd definately be a great team to start that division off with.

I don't care what they do, as long as they keep his music.

AT THE...THE COLT CABANA....na na na na la la na na. lol best entrance theme ever.

Well, will he be another guy in the doghouse for actions he does? And what is his moveset like who could we compare him to? Is he as good as CM Punk is because he is an entertainer and great wrestler. One of the best in ECW

Well anybody and everybody can be in the doghouse dmw, there's no guarantee whether or not a wrestler will please the execs or not. Colt Cabana is quite a bit like CM Punk, just not so much martial arts kicks and high flying, he's more based on the mat. Go look up his matches on YouTube, you'll see he's a great wrestler, and in my opinion just as good as CM Punk.

Should be a great addition.

Not sure what you mean by that dmw2007, could you elaborate more in your posts?

I don't understand why all the negativity about this, I mean, yeah the WWE constantly constantly fucks things up in every possible situation, but if their signing Colt Cabana they know who they're getting. They know he's an ROH guy and they know about the history with CM Punk. I think Cabana will definately go to ECW (if it's still around by the time Cabana's done his OVW time) and either feud or tag again with CM Punk. If they're still planning on introducing and ECW tag title, they'd definately be a great team to start that division off with.

I don't care what they do, as long as they keep his music.

AT THE...THE COLT CABANA....na na na na la la na na. lol best entrance theme ever.

Lol actualley thats what I was thinking, You cant Loose with cabana !

But yeah, it's bittersweet.
Colt has always been one of my favorites in Ring Of Honor, and really, congrats to the guy, he is one of the most charismatic and over wrestlers out their and im going to miss Good Times Great memories but as someone else said, his paychecks are going to have a few more 00's at the end and im sure the audience will get behind him. Maybe the E will actualley do something right and keep him as Colt Cabana as they did with Cm punk.
Also, Hardcore Icon, Why is this a mistake ? I mean, sure indies are much better then the current WWE product and I bet Colt himself agrees but when it comes down to it, its all about money. Im sure that if you were wrestling in say, CZW and you got a big offer from TNA/WWE you would prolly like it more.
Im not saying its like this with all wrestlers but thats the case in some.

You know I was thinking about this again...and what about ROH now? They've lost alot of stars over the last year, Punk, Samoa Joe, the rest of the TNA guys who worked with em. Now Colt Cabana? They're starting to run thin on talent, who do they have now? Bryan Danielson? Even someone as talented as him can't carry an entire company.

Let's hope ROH finds some fresh faces quick that can put on a good show so they don't die, I love ROH.

ROH has its training school so they may be coming up with the next CM Punk, or Colt Cabana, you can also look up Colt Cabana's matches in WSX as Matt Classic, I hope like hell WWE doesn't chuck that Gimmick on him, that would probably kill any push he would get.

You know I was thinking about this again...and what about ROH now? They've lost alot of stars over the last year, Punk, Samoa Joe, the rest of the TNA guys who worked with em. Now Colt Cabana? They're starting to run thin on talent, who do they have now? Bryan Danielson? Even someone as talented as him can't carry an entire company.

You must not watch RoH... They have tons of awesome wrestlers who are better then Cabana, and Punk.. Hence the Briscoes, Jimmy Jacobs, Jack Evans, Backseat boys etc..

Anyway, it's going to be awhile until we see Cabana in the WWE any.. I would like to see Punk and him become the first ECW Champs since the belts and Cabana will probably come in at the same times.

I saw some matches of Cabana's on Heat and he impressed me. I had no idea about his indy experience but my first impression was that he was charismatic and could move in the ring. He seems fast and sounds like he has a good character, so let's hope we see something of him soon because it's guys like him that the WWE should be signing. I don't know of his character but I will look up some youtube videos of him to see what he was like in ROH. A good find by the WWE, and it is a bit of a shame for Ring of Honour to lose Cabana but I guess he's just moving up the wrestling ladder. He has the talent and potential from what I've seen, so let's see what they make of him. An early prediction: He will stay in OVW for a while before being moved up to the ECW roster to feud with CM Punk.

An early prediction: He will stay in OVW for a while before being moved up to the ECW roster to feud with CM Punk.

I doubt he'll feud with CM Punk straight away cause Punk will be alot more established than Colt.
This is one guy I wanted wwe to sign for a while cause he's got the charisma and skills to last.

I imagine by the time that Cabana is on WWE TV that Punk will still be floating in the midcards. The two seem to have styles that would work well together and I would like to see Cabana get a leg up by facing off against Punk but you are probably right in that Punk will be more established. The two could have a decent feud though and I would like to see it and I think if Punk is still in ECW, they will go for the feud. But as long as the guy becomes an instant hit, I will be happy and I think ECW is the way to go for him to get his start in the WWE. I just hope he isn't used like Stevie Richards or anyone like that because he has talent and it would be a shame if he was just cannon fodder for guys like Snitsky on the brand.

Its about damn time.. Colt should have been signed to the E a long time ago. It wouldn't surprise me to see him do well. He's good in the ring but he's a great entertainer which is something that Vince prefers. Hopefully, he gets to stay as Colt Cabana and isn't stuck with some lame gimmick... Wouldn't mind seeing hin team up with Punk, especially with the rumors of tag titles on the way to ECW.

And about time too. Colt. has been/was appearing on Heat and Velocity regularly at times last year, and I imagined that he'd be signed sooner. I've got hope in seeing Punk and Cabana teaming up in the 'E but I highly doubt it will happen, as much as I want it to.

I think this is terrible. For one it's a blow to the British wrestling scene. He's always over here. And two he's actually funny. WWE dont know what funny is. They think D-X is funny. They think Vince performing colon surgery is funny. Colt bill just be a glorified jobber. This is one of the worst decisions of the year so far.

Second City Saints are back :)

Ace Steele (has jobbed a bit on SmackDown and was also the fake 'Donald Trump' couple weeks ago on RAW)
CM Punk (Incredible star, better then alot of the other OVW/ROH Alumni stars that have made it 'big' on WWE/TNA)
Colt Cabana (again, like Punk... he is a talented man)

if they come back together! they will be a force to be reckoned with :)

now just bring Johnny Jeter, Nick Nemeth, Mike Mondo, Jimmy Jacobs, Bryan Danielson, Nick Mitchell, Nigel McGuiness, Harry Smith, Teddy Smith, T.J. Wilson & Jack Evans and it'll be perfect :) and no spirit squad haha

I am sad to see Colt Cabana leave ROH. He has all the charisma in the world and is a good worker in the ring, but I think he will be misused in McMahonland. He will probably be given some lame gimmick that will go stale faster than a loaf of bread. Colt is more of an old school guy, and I don't see where he is going to it into the current WWE scene. The ECW brand is in desperate need of talent, so maybe we will see Colt end up there.

Sad to see Cobana leave ROH.He will be missed.But i think he will really fit in with the E.He reminds me a lot of Jericho with his wit.He a great wrestler and talker.They don't need to find Colt a niche.He has it,just let him off.Given the opportunity he will make it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back