Commercial Free RAW

j.beaner

Occasional Pre-Show
WWE has announced another commercial free RAW. Whats This mean to the current rating battles (i use that term loosely) And the War? Well to me it means that WWE has notice that when TNA went one hour earlier their ratings slipped a little bit. So now i think WWE is trying to get their audience to set their remote controls down and get lost in two hours of their programing. Im sure their logic is that fans change the channel on the commercials so if they never go away they will always keep that fan base. and now whenever TNA goes to commercial the first place you go is RAW cause they have no breaks in their programing.

Another silent reaction from WWE, to TNA going head-to-head against their lead program. Your Thoughts?

Of course, they will probably get a 4.0 rating, if there are no commercials, people aregoing to tune in at the start of the show and have a cup of coffee or what ever and they will leave the remote in one place,won't even touch it.

I live in England, so I get live Raw at 2am, last time they went commercial free with trump raw, I watched it, and I'm gonna watch it again.

Hey Yo!
I Loved the last commercial free RAW it was awesome it was Total Non-Stop Action (stupid pun was intended) but yeah it is probably a silent way to steal viewers away from TNA so two hour RAW free of commercials here we come, RAW viewers will not touch that remote. 4. something rating here we come.
.Tha Wolfpac.

I don't think it really has anything to do with TNA. They did it previously, well before Impact moved to Mondays, so if they did that one without doing it intentionally to dig at TNA, its entirely reasonable to assume that they could be doing it again for a similar reason. Perhaps this is something Vince has decided to do a few times a year, as a special treat to WWE fans, by making RAW occasionally more like a PPV? Not everything the WWE does is a reaction to TNA.

As opposed to what, 14 minutes of wrestling mixed with 106 minutes of shameless self-promotion like TNA?

C'mon man, you can certainly try harder to insult the WWE than that. At least pick something that TNA doesn't do itself.

I don't think it really has anything to do with TNA. They did it previously, well before Impact moved to Mondays, so if they did that one without doing it intentionally to dig at TNA, its entirely reasonable to assume that they could be doing it again for a similar reason. Perhaps this is something Vince has decided to do a few times a year, as a special treat to WWE fans, by making RAW occasionally more like a PPV? Not everything the WWE does is a reaction to TNA.

I have to agree here. Why does every move WWE makes have to do with TNA? It seems as tho everyone here is obsessed with how the WWE will react to TNA more than WWE is. This isn't that big a deal as far as WWE v TNA is concerned. WWE, as its been already established 1000000000 times isn't concerned about TNA right now and nor should they be. TNA still has a long way to go before we see real competition (although in my opinion that will never happen).

So how about we enjoy this for what it is, 2 hours straight of Raw? As was mentioned, this is a treat for WWE fans so sit back and enjoy instead of analyizing it as it pertains to a War that isn't there.

The rumor I've been reading is that they may do a King of the Ring tournament, this in my eyes would be a great way to keep it interesting, personally I am a big fan of the tournament set-up. However I don't think this has as much to do with TNA as much with the WWE actually listening to people's comments for once. This will be an episode FULL of wrestling and promos, not quite as many jokes.

I don't see this as having anything to do with TNA. The Commercial Free Raw was the highest rated episode of Raw in years last year. However, to be fair, I'd say that Donald Trump had a good deal to do with the show drawing a 4.5 Nielsen Rating. I'm sure that the WWE keeps an eye on what TNA is doing over at iMPACT! and it only makes good sense to do that. To outright ignore TNA entirely is a poor business strategy and Vince McMahon knows better.

However, iMPACT! hasn't drawn even in the low 1s since the first night they debuted on Monday nights permanently so the Commercial Free Raw this year doesn't strike me as something the WWE is pulling as a ratings stunt. The show they did last year was well recieved, it did garner big ratings and they're going to see if they can do something similar this time. The WWE isn't concerned with TNA at this time as far as this "ratings war" goes. Most of the Raw roster is currently stranded in the UK and the Smackdown roster will be taking over on Raw tonight and iMPACT! will still get slaughtered in the ratings.

In all honesty, TNA has not been the only one suffering in the ratings. Everyone wants to blame Raw's 3.0 rating on the wrestlers being stuck, but it's not like last week's Raw scored a 4.0, it scored a 3.2 if I'm correct, so Raw is dropping in the numbers. Whether its fans tuning into TNA over Raw is a question that could be asked, but also the big rush of WrestleMania is over and things are back to normal.

one of the reason's that i stopped watching wrestling on T.V. is the commercials every two seconds, which annoy the crap out of me! i think i might find myself watching this RAW if i know i won't have to sit there and watch stupid zyntac commercials! in my opinion, yes, lots more people will tune in (including myself!) and enjoy a couple hours of wrestling. ratings might not get all the way up to 4.0, but i think ratings will increase. if WWE did this more often, with any of their shows (although they don't have much choice with the taped shows), ratings would go way up! if there is one thing i know about (99% of) Americans, it's that they like to be lazy. from my (and most likely, WWE's) point of view, no commercials = more viewers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back