Contra -v - Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic

?

• COntra

• KOTOR

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
250px-Contra_poster.jpg

Kotorbox.jpg

*poll now fixed so you can vote*

I hated KOTOR. I didn't find any part of it fun and I don't even think it's the best Star Wars game which says a lot considering most Star Wars games are terrible. Force Unleashed 1&2 are better in my honest opinion. It's also going up against one of the most challenging and fun games of all time. Contra defines the word hard when referring to video games. It's difficulty is legendary and that made the game so much more fun. I couldn't put it down until I got by parts I couldn't beat. It all made for such an awesome feeling when you beat it. Contra is superior in my eyes so it gets my vote.

I believe that Contra is the best shooting game that has ever been made but even if you do not believe that you have got to agree that it is pretty damn good. The gameplay was really addicting and I remember missing friends' birthday parties in order to complete the game as a kid. As far as gaming experiences go, there can be few better ones than getting your hands on a spread gun. That really made you feel invincible as you could just stand around and shoot all the guys advancing towards you in a semicircle arc. I once read an article which rated the spread gun as the seventh best weapon in gaming history even after all these years.

The two player mode of Contra was also a lot of fun. The only gaming experience better than beaating your friend at a game is beating the game with your friend, which is certainly what Contra offered.

KOTOR is often rated as the best RPG on PC but be it as an action adventure game or an RPG, it offers nothing new. It certainly hasn't made a fraction of an impact on the gaming industry as compared to Contra.

My vote goes to Contra.

Fuck history, I'm gonna be a blind mark for KOTOR for a minute.

KOTOR is my favorite game of all time, period. I love every part of this game, the story, the fighting, the characters, the RPG aspect, and the fact that it's Star Wars only makes it that much more perfect to me. I must have played this game a dozen times and I still haven't gotten bored with it. No story or characters have drawn me into a universe as much as KOTOR did. The plot twist that was probably obvious to most, shocked me as I had no idea it was coming and is still one of my all-time favorite gaming moments. I can literally talk about how much I love this game all day. It's just the perfect game to me and has everything in a video game that I want.

Did it do more for the gaming industry than Contra? No. Did it bring anything new to gaming? Not really. But at least you didn't need a cheat code just to beat the first level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back