Country Music

Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, and Carrie Underwood are really the only Country singers I've ever dug. Johnny Cash and Hank Williams, I must admit I didn't become a fan of until I saw the film, Walk the Line. After seeing that, I instantly bought a couple of Cash's albums and fell in love with his music. And someone soon after recommended me to Hank Williams. Actually, thinking about it, Hank Williams son, Hank Williams Jr., has made a couple of good songs as well. I especially love A Country Boy Can Survive by him.

And as far as Carrie Underwood is concerned, I just find a lot of shit she has done to be catchy as fuck. I don't know why, but she and her music are spectacular to me, lol.

Some of my new favorite country artists are.....

Jimmy Wayne

-I really enjoy listening to one of his newest songs "I Will." It's a very romantic song. Plus he has a great voice.

Josh Turner

-I enjoy almost every song by him. He has a wonderful deep voice. I haven't heard a voice that deep since Johnny Cash was around. Josh Turner is a big time romantic with his songs and from what I've heard in real life too.

James Otto

-I enjoy pretty much all of his music too. Plus I think he's good looking. I LOVE his hair! Through his songs, he too seems like a big romantic.

I'm on a big romance kick right now. Any country song I hear right now has to be romantic otherwise I change the station.

As I sit here and update my projectplaylist for the country genre only, I got to looking at all the NEW(ish) singers on it.

Gretchen Wilson-

I can't really stand her. Her voice isn't that great to me. But I do like at least 2 of her songs. "Come To Bed," and "Homewrecker."

"Come To Bed" is about a couple getting into an arguement and the phrase, "come to bed," is saying come to bed and lets make up for all the arguing. To me, it's a strange kind of love song, but good.

"Homewrecker" is about a girl trying to take away another girl's man, but the other girl won't allow it to happen. To me, the song is good because it makes me laugh due to certain situations that have happened in my life.

See, now, I'm a metalhead, but I love the Oldschool country. And by oldschool, I mean music that makes Hank seem like he's too rock. Some of my favorite country bands? Here goes:

The Carter Family (Maybelle, AJ, and Sarah, you know the originals)
Vernon Dalhart (Wreck of the Old 97, check it out)
Flatt and Scruggs
Bill Monroe and his Bluegrass Boys (I know, technically bluegrass, but that's country too)

Again, that's only a few, and if you listen to 'em, you'll never listen to the newer stuff the same again.

Since this is the country music thread I thought I would comment on the Academy of Country Music Awards that happened last night.

A sorta big thing happened last night, with Carrie Underwood winning the Entertainer of the Year award. The last girl to win this award was Shania Twain 9 years ago. It has been a boy's club for years with usually only 1 girl being nominated every year(for a few years no girls were nominated). And while Carrie wins the prestiges award her victory is sort of tainted since last year the EOTY has been voted by the fans, and since she has a huge AI fanbase it was a no brainer she would win. Carrie also took home her 3rd consecutive award for female vocalist.

Taylor Swift to home the album of the year for her multi-platinum "Fearless". Dancing with the stars dancer Julianne Hough won best new artist, beating out James Otto and The Zac Brown Band.

The best performance of the night for me was Sugarland singing "What I'd Give" they also picked up the best duo trophy finally beating out Brooks & Dunn!

I love the Award show last night. Alot of great performance and yes Sugerland did have the best.I think alot of the other performances were pretty cool also. Carrie has taken I told you so to awhole other level. Taylor's peformance was as like as amazing as I thought it would be but hell its hard to top last year you know but I was so happy when Taylor won Album of the Year. I jumped halfway across the room. EOTY even thought it was fan voted and all I was still happy for Carrie seeing as she is my second favorite female artist(behind Taylor and in front of Kellie). Was cool to see Brad win Male Vocalist of the Year. The opening of the show was awesome also. Man I just wish one year I would go to this award show or any of the country ones because I could get to see alot of big names.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back