Creative Changes

TDFG

Championship Contender
Heyman removed as Executive on RAW and replaced by Pritchard who will lead a joint team now booking both shows.

In my opinion this is all because Vince took his eye of the ball and realises that after years of relying on part-timers and getting into bed with Trump, The Saudi's & bringing back XFL, the penny had finally dropped and WWE is in rough shape in terms of appealing to it's audience.

I'm not sure how Pritchard will be able to improve things, Heyman looked to be rebuilding with the likes of The Street Profits and The Viking Warriors, Drew McIntyre being booked as Champion etc.

Is Vince now a hindrance to WWE creatively? Should he take a sidestep and let HHH and others take the book and keep himself involved as chief of negotiations for TV deals etc.

I think that he's going with what's familiar right now and what seem to be working because let's face it. Smackdown as been the better show since the pandemic and ratings are holding steady even without having Reigns on the show and Vince see this as Prichard succeeding where Heyman failed. So Vince is going and giving control of creative Prichard hoping that he can bring Raw to the same level that Smackdown is right now.

Looking at this, it's just another quick fix and i don't think Prichard will succeed and it will probably lead to him just quitting the company. Personally, i would love to see somebody outside of the family or Vince inner circle take the reigns of creative and see what they can do because the last thing i want to see is HHH take over because it would just be the same old stuff with HHH that Vince is doing now and it showed with how NXT as been booked lately.

Who would you go with as head of creative?

I'm not a regular viewer of NXT but I agree with what you're saying about the booking. I think they've got themselves caught between developing new talent, trying to create a legitimate 3rd brand and put a deterrent on AEW gaining momentum.

Keith Lee should have been called up by now, there's a few others too. Heyman appeared to be the only one that acknowledged that the time to rebuild was now and in 12-18 months it would either be a success or failure.

It's almost as if WWE could do with a reboot.

At This Point, Heyman would be better off as head of creative of NXT.

Prichard would be good on Raw because even through Smackdown is the bigger show now because it's on network tv, Vince still see Raw as the number 1 show.

For Smackdown, i could see somebody like a Jeff Jarrett who as the experience in the business and know how to promote the next generation while pushing the old guard.

Personally, if i was them, i would just reboot everything and finally put the final nail in the coffin of Raw and create a whole new show for monday night with a new identity because RAW as been on tv since 1993 and the concept feel really old at this point. It would be time to go and start a whole new brand on monday night with the fall tv season starts. Same goes with Smackdown at this point. Change the brand name, go with a whole new concept and image that would fit the more mainstream audience that Smackdown is suppose to bring in and just give the brand split new identity.

I agree with you on Keith Lee, he should have been called up months ago but i think that if the pandemic didn't happened, he would have been called up after mania. He's like Velveteen Dream where he should have called him up when he was up instead of letting him die in NXT. Now the gimmick is old and haven't evolve and if they call him up, it will die on the main roster as well.

Jarrett's a good call.

With Heyman & DeJoseph gone there's a chance there will be some booking upheaval on the shows so this is an interesting time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back