Daniel Bryan's Fate Hangs in the Balance

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
http://www.sescoops.com/daniel-bryan-says-he-will-retire-if-the-next-doctor-he-sees-wont-clear-him/

“One neurologist who specializes in concussions — who was the neurologist for the Super Bowl last year — cleared me with no limitations. All my testing came back excellent,” he said. “But the WWE’s medical doctor [Joe Maroon] is sceptical, because of my history of concussions and that sort of thing. So they will not clear me.”

“They’re going to send me to a third doctor at some point in the near future and that doctor will decide my fate.”

What makes me nervous is that, if the third doctor bans him from wrestling, Bryan will just go back to the indies.

Obviously he deserves clearing, but at the same time, the guy clearly needs to alter his style. Those ridiculous headbutts for instance, there's no need for that shit. Or suicide dives. He can still have great matches without those two things.

Obviously he deserves clearing, but at the same time, the guy clearly needs to alter his style. Those ridiculous headbutts for instance, there's no need for that shit. Or suicide dives. He can still have great matches without those two things.

Injuries happen man. Just have to deal with them and move on. No reason to change his style.

There it is. The silliest thing I've read all day.

If it can be prevented, why not try it? Clearly taking a few moves out of his extensive arsenal and add in a couple of safer ones would be the right way to go.

2 injuries in his 13 year career in his 15+ year career wouldn't warrant changing his style. Just a couple of accidents more than anything.

Firstly what?

And secondly, we are talking about injuries to the brain not a muscle or bone. It matters very much and he should very much consider making a change to his style.

Do you realise that once you have one concussion you are more likely to get another? Do you know that there is a significant increase in the development of learning disabilities every time you have a concussion?

And no that doesnt mean now that he's had one his chances have increased, it means because he's had multiple his chances have increased even more. This was proven by a study of college athletes.

We'd all love for Bryan to be able to keep his style the same, but you know what we would rather see? Bryan able to return 5,10 or 20 years after he finishes for special appearances, not to wrestle but just for the pop like when Rock, Austin and co. give when they return. Look at Muhammad Ali, the man has had his face smashed and now his brain is mush and its sad to see him wheeled around looking like he is going to star in a remake of Weekend at Bernie's.

Bryan has indeed had more injuries than just two in his career, but these recent injuries are better documented than some poor uncelebrated fool from the Indies. Keep in mind, Bryan has a bloody detached retina. As serious as concussions are, I consider this is to be a close runner up, and it didn't happen in WWE.

That being said, as huge as a Bryan mark I am, I'd like to know what move in particular is credited for recent concussions. I would feel much more comfortable watching him if he removed dives and diving headbutts from his arsenal, but it might have been Brogue kicks and Tombstones that did him in. Altered movesets might be a viable argument, but for all we know, those changes might not be required from Bryan's camp.

Bryan's injury is so ambiguous, it borderlines on CM Punk's contract in 2011. So far it seems doctors don't know what's wrong. WWE doesn't know what's wrong, and Bryan doesn't know what's wrong. That's alarming to me. Above my hopes for his in ring return are hopes that this can just be resolved, and Bryan Danielson can just live his life a healthy man.

Well, he's been seeing neurologists for concussion tests, so it's probably some kind of foot injury.

Ha! Walked into this one, I did

Isn't there some major neck issue that surgery didn't resolve, as well? Something like lost strength in the arm.

Injuries happen man. Just have to deal with them and move on. No reason to change his style.

What a stupid answer. Yeah, sorry mate you're neck is fucked and could result in life-changing damage if it happens again, but just deal with it and keep headbutting people from the top rope man, it'll be reet.

and his headbutts are like his kicks to the stomach: they look stupid ffs!

If they can attempt to prevent another concussion, then they had better do it.

Ironic, isn't it? Pro football players and wrestlers have launched retro-lawsuits claiming the team 'didn't care about them' and 'didn't protect them' when it came to handling head injuries. Now that the teams take these precautions, there will be athletes who criticize the teams/companies for not allowing them to ply their trade (not that Daniel Bryan is one of them......yet).

Yes, WWE could choose to clear Daniel if he signs a waiver holding the company blameless for head injuries. It's a callous way to handle matters ......and WWE isn't doing it that way, are they? They're just saying no.

Let's see how it all turns out for Danny.

What if the 3rd doctor says yes, but only if he wears a helmet? They would make him write B+ on some sort of goat helmet or some shit (because that is how silly Vince is) & it all goes downhill from there. No way he gets a title shot in a safety helmet.

Kiss the dream goodbye folks. Bryan should just go home, chill & see if CM Punk wants to come play LEGO's or something.

Ironic, isn't it? Pro football players and wrestlers have launched retro-lawsuits claiming the team 'didn't care about them' and 'didn't protect them' when it came to handling head injuries. Now that the teams take these precautions, there will be athletes who criticize the teams/companies for not allowing them to ply their trade (not that Daniel Bryan is one of them......yet).

Yes, WWE could choose to clear Daniel if he signs a waiver holding the company blameless for head injuries. It's a callous way to handle matters ......and WWE isn't doing it that way, are they? They're just saying no.

The E is erring on the side of caution, and in today's lawsuit happy society, I cannot blame them in any way, shape, or form.

See with Bryan though there's just that hint of a conspiracy that WWE doesn't want him back; that they didn't want to ever push him in the first place, they hate the fanfare he gets, etc.

So when Bryan is walking around saying doctors have cleared him outside of WWE, but WWE's doctors have not, it raises some eyebrows.

I don't personally think WWE would stoop that low, but I won't blame someone who does believe that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back