Definitive Proof There Is No New Ratings War At This Time

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
The numbers for last night's episodes of WWE Raw and TNA iMPACT! are in. Raw moved back up into usual territory last night with a 3.7 Nielsen Rating and an audience of 5.6 million. The first hour of the show drew a 3.68 Nielsen Rating and the second hour drew a 3.73. While I'm sure the WWE was hoping Raw would break into the 4s, they have to be pleased with these numbers. Raw's rating was up from a 3.4 last week and 5.1 million viewers. In terms of overall viewership, last night's episode of Raw will fall just short of the 5.61 million viewers set by Bret Hart's return on January 4th.

Last night, TNA iMPACT! as it drew the worst rating since September. iMPACT! drew a 0.8 Nielsen Rating last night with about 1.1 million viewers. The first hour of the show drew a 0.88 and the second hour drew a 0.80. The quarter hours for iMPACT! were 0.87, 0.85, 0.82, 0.96, 0.93, 0.82, 0.82 and 0.72 with the overrun drawing a 0.74. The household ratings for iMPACT! was down by 15% and viewership was down by more than 21%

No matter how TNA tries to spin this, there's no possible way last night's numbers can be considered positive in any light.

TNA fucking sucks. Anyone who thinks they have a snowballs chance in hell to do anything but get their fucking asses killed now that they have moved to Monday's is a fucking idiot.

You have to be a serious fucking ****** to think Hogan and Bischoff are doing anything but getting a check for themselves and their buddies. What more proof do you morons needs?

Hate the WWE all you like. Call it boring. Call it stale. Keep licking Hogan's balls. Keep watching the Nasty Boys wrestle and keep defending that shit.

Please. It's fucking hilarious.

These ratings do not surprise me at all. They shouldn't surprise anyone. I'm sure the TNArds will come up with all the excuses in the world why the ratings were so low. Wrestlemania is coming...the show was taped...Venus wasn't properly fucking aligned with Saturn last night...TNA's only been around for 8 years...gotta give it time etc..et...can't wait to hear the excuses.

Fact is TNA put their champion in the ring with Jeff Hardy and no one fucking cared. Beginning, middle and end of the discussion. TNA fucking blows.

I'm not sure what I'm looking forward to most. The excuses on the low ratings from the TNA smarks or from Eric Bishcoff.

Both should be fun. :lmao:

This is very bad news for TNA. Judging by last week (Thursday did the same rating as Monday's show) I believe they need to drop the Thursday replay. I think this is hurting their Monday ratings because people know they can catch the show again on Thursday.

I do not believe we will get an accurate picture of the ratings war until after Mania, but no matter how you slice it (as Jack-Hammer noted) this is not looking good for TNA.

although i suppor the wwe since 1998.... i will look at this numbers like this
raw had bret hart, the return of stone cold, and its building towards Wrestlemania

Impact on the other is relying too much on the old guys... true....the young ones still are pushed but the old guys are still in a considerable amount of the show, but TNA ALSO has a ppv this sunday and forgive me but there has been very little promotion towards the show.

Now..... if this numbers persist starting april because the raw after mania also has big rating.....and impact doesnt build any numbers or stays on the 1.0 oe 0.9 0.8.....then its time to do something.....so until april i wont take the numbers so seriously.

I watched impact on the internet and raw live....and from that i saw raw as a slightly better show last night...you had a lot of legends in there and nostalgia factor kicked in...

I gave impact a chance last night and even though im a wwe mark ill give a good wrestling show a chance but they dissapointed me...BIG TIME.............ive watched both shows of impact on the internet from beginning to end since the war started but i prefer a thousand times to see HHH vs John Cena again than watching Impact.......its completely unwatchable

Wow, an 0.8! Yeah, Jack-Hammer's right about this, no matter how you look at it, this can't be a good sign. I know we're only two weeks into this whole thing, but still, an 0.8.....just wow. We're still in the early stages of this "war", so there's a chance TNA could dig it self out of this VERY deep hole.

WWE did have the Wrestlemania rematches, and Stone Cold Steve Austin, but TNA had Hardy VS Styles, and they best that they could do was an 0.8? Maybe after Wrestelmania is over, and the buzz has died down, then TNA can start working on catching WWE.

This is very bad news for TNA. Judging by last week (Thursday did the same rating as Monday's show) I believe they need to drop the Thursday replay. I think this is hurting their Monday ratings because people know they can catch the show again on Thursday.

I do not believe we will get an accurate picture of the ratings war until after Mania, but no matter how you slice it (as Jack-Hammer noted) this is not looking good for TNA.

There is no replay for last night's iMPACT! scheduled for Thursday. According to the last thing I read yesterday, Spike will be showing the movie Predator in TNA's Thursday night timeslot. However, that's something that can easily be changed. The replay of iMPACT! last Thursday pulled in the same rating as the live show Monday night. I won't be surprised if Spike does decide to go ahead and run a replay of iMPACT!. The only thing TNA seems to be accomplishing with their limited presense on Mondays thus far is preventing the WWE from scoring in the 4s.

Moving to Monday nights was a big mistake for TNA. They were feeling very excited and positive and high when Dixie and Hogan first teamed up that theyve gone and bit off more than they can chew. They keep talking about giving the fans a choice, an alternative to WWE. But the problem with that is that theyre making people choose between TNA and WWE because the two shows air at the same time on the same night now. Wrestling fans who havent fully crossed the line will watch TNA on Thursdays because there's no WWE program on that night, but they wont watch on Monday night because no matter how you paint it, Raw is a bigger, better show. It has an established following and has been a ratings juggernaut longer than TNA has even been in business. Its too soon for TNA to be going against WWE on Mondays right now. They need to stick to a night with no WWE program to go up against so more WWE fans will watch TNA to get a feel for the product. At this stage in TNA's development, they will get better ratings on Thursdays. They need to convert more fans. Make them cross the line, and then move to Monday nights.

Moving to Monday nights was a big mistake for TNA. They were feeling very excited and positive and high when Dixie and Hogan first teamed up that theyve gone and bit off more than they can chew. They keep talking about giving the fans a choice, an alternative to WWE. But the problem with that is that theyre making people choose between TNA and WWE because the two shows air at the same time on the same night now. Wrestling fans who havent fully crossed the line will watch TNA on Thursdays because there's no WWE program on that night, but they wont watch on Monday night because no matter how you paint it, Raw is a bigger, better show. It has an established following and has been a ratings juggernaut longer than TNA has even been in business. Its too soon for TNA to be going against WWE on Mondays right now. They need to stick to a night with no WWE program to go up against so more WWE fans will watch TNA to get a feel for the product. At this stage in TNA's development, they will get better ratings on Thursdays. They need to convert more fans. Make them cross the line, and then move to Monday nights.

this proves that Vince russo needs to be gone, simple as, it also proves that the roster needs more focus, hot shot booking will only get you so far and it has gotten tna nowhere.

they also need to censor spoilers or just tape live like raw does i believe that the crappy rating is due to spoilers coming earlier so you will find with next weeks live impact the rating will go up once more, if they get rid of russo and fererra and bring in someone capable of booking with a wrestling background i am sure that the company will progress the way they want to instead of flopping the way they did this week.

They were at a 1.0 and with Stone Cold hosting they expected the ratings to lower. Why are you acting surprised or as if it's detrimental? A blind guy could have read between the lines on that one. That is nowhere near definitive proof because the ratings were based on a draw that WWE can't highlight on a weekly basis. It's not good but it's not definitive.

People say they pulled the trigger too early because they're going up against Wrestlemania. I say it's better than late because I'd rather go up against Wrestlemania than Monday Night Football. They got alot of time to draw an audience before football comes around.

Well, people at TNA should have expect this an worse, they threw theirselves to the water with out protection and the results were posted already, the number should improve next week but they should expect low numbers for the taping shows.

Like I have said on multiple topics, it is going to take a lot, a lot of work and years to TNA to turn around thos numbers just a little. If Spike believes in them and has the cash to go for it, cool for them, if not they should come back to Thursday before is too late.

Aso the replayis a bad Idea and let me tell you why, because it gives casual fans a choice when to watch the show, and that affects their rating for Monday, if you have the opportunity to chatch up on Thursday anyway why choose between TNA and Raw? just watch Raw Monday and Impact on Thursday. That choice will backfire eventually.

Wow, an 0.8! Yeah, Jack-Hammer's right about this, no matter how you look at it, this can't be a good sign. I know we're only two weeks into this whole thing, but still, an 0.8.....just wow. We're still in the early stages of this "war", so there's a chance TNA could dig it self out of this VERY deep hole.

WWE did have the Wrestlemania rematches, and Stone Cold Steve Austin, but TNA had Hardy VS Styles, and they best that they could do was an 0.8? Maybe after Wrestelmania is over, and the buzz has died down, then TNA can start working on catching WWE.

They are not only two weeks into this, yes there have been only two shows, but when you consider the lead up time which had lots of interviews and marketing viral and mainstream including ad time on USA, last week's show which i consider a bigger failure considering it was live and they pushed the hell out of the "first five minutes." gave the NO boost whatsoever.

Also Russo turned Sting once before and it bombed. I will say it again, this is not a war, it's little brother trying to hang with big brother and being swatted away without a second thought.

There is no Monday Night Wars II only a MONDAY NIGHT MASSACRE.

this is no shock tna have no chance right now on mondays and will not have for years I have said this before they need to build up and stop all this we hate wwe we are going to beat them stuff they dont have the cash the fanbase or the brains to do that

and before you ask I like tna or I did when it did not have the nasty boys and co on there

new guy here, heres a history lesson.

These ratings do not surprise me at all. They shouldn't surprise anyone. I'm sure the TNArds will come up with all the excuses in the world why the ratings were so low. Wrestlemania is coming...the show was taped...Venus wasn't properly fucking aligned with Saturn last night...TNA's only been around for 8 years...gotta give it time etc..et...can't wait to hear the excuses.

WCW was around for 7 years before there war and look at the first night WCW BEAT THEM
9/04/95 WWE 2.2 WCW2.5

Second history shows that WWE ratings go HIGHER the months AFTER Wrestlemania than the months BEFORE Wrestlemania. see the link to wiki
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e7/Monday_Night_Wars_Ratings.JPG

Last night, TNA iMPACT! as it drew the worst rating since September. iMPACT! drew a 0.8 Nielsen Rating last night with about 1.1 million viewers. The first hour of the show drew a 0.88 and the second hour drew a 0.80. The quarter hours for iMPACT! were 0.87, 0.85, 0.82, 0.96, 0.93, 0.82, 0.82 and 0.72 with the overrun drawing a 0.74. The household ratings for iMPACT! was down by 15% and viewership was down by more than 21%

TNA keep losing viewers the whole night the lowest number of the night was a 0.72 and that was a main event with jeff hardy vs aj, and they went up against a CONTRACT SIGNING WOW, im done

I also agree that TNA did affect RAW's rating.

If TNA did not air on Monday, RAW more than likely would've scored between at least a 3.9 to a 4.2 (max). So let's not act like TNA didn't accomplish anything here. I was even surprised they even pulled an 0.8, lol. I view it as a positive for the company

I also agree that TNA did affect RAW's rating.

If TNA did not air on Monday, RAW more than likely would've scored between at least a 3.9 to a 4.2 (max). So let's not act like TNA didn't accomplish anything here. I was even surprised they even pulled an 0.8, lol. I view it as a positive for the company

Wow...this...just...wow. Talk about grasping at straws. I want to see TNA grow as a company like a lot of people but trying to say anything positve came about for TNA Monday night is laughable, even if TNA itself tries to claim as much. TNA also tried to claim that the Olympics were cutting into their ratings a few weeks back even though their numbers didn't improve to any degree after the Olympics were finished. TNA didn't accomplish anything Monday night, so stop trying to hype them as if they did. WWE Raw drew 5.6 million fans last Monday night. Odds are Raw will wind up being, as it tends to be for most of the year, the most watched show on cable television. Even if TNA kept them from gaining a 4 in the Nielsen Ratings, so what? WWE Raw draws the second largest audience its had this year, only about 100,000 viewers behind the January 4th episode featuring Bret Hart's return. TNA iMPACT!, on the other hand, pulled the lowest rating its had in more than 3 years last Monday. http://www.gerweck.net/ratings07.htm That shows the exact numbers TNA pulled for every episode of iMPACT! in 2007. January 24, 2007 was the last time TNA pulled a 0.8 in the Nielsen Ratings.

I'm not saying that there couldn't be a ratings war in time, but there's certainly not one now and all the desperate spin that some TNA fans and TNA itself tries won't make it so.

I don't think TNA is trying to beat WWE in the ratings. I Lets all remember back in the days WCW beat WWF at the time. What was it 82 weeks in a row so thats a whole year and 30 more weeks.

Obviously there is no ratings Monday night war now, but I don't see any other wrestling company going head to head with Raw on Monday night on a major network. ROH is on Mondays, but they are on HDNET with limited viewers. Just because the ratings have been dipped on a taped show doesn't mean TNA's move is a total failure yet. I think the main problem is not only the time slot and WWE going into WrestleMania, but also not having enough publicity.

What is the use of giving away Jeff Hardy vs. AJ Styles on television if no one knows about it? The Nasty Boys and The Band aren't really helping matters either. Neither are Hogan and Flair being in the ring or having a number of segments. There are some growing pains considering this is only week 2 for God's sake. If in a few months the ratings are below a 1.0 and never gain any ground then I'll agree it's a failure. For now TNA just needs to promote their matches more and get their name out.

I do agree though that the Hogan and Bischoff appeal has lost its luster compared to the beginning. There is no need to throw in the towel just yet as long as they keep working on making the product better each week. It could be a long time if ever we see TNA as a legit threat to WWE. I think TNA and most fans are just happy to have an alternative on Monday nights. TNA knows its a long uphill battle that won't be won overnight.

We can blast WWE or TNA fans all we want, but what is wrong with other companies trying to be successful? If anything it makes the whole business better and more entertaining. You can't blame TNA for their effort to try to put on another show against the mega giant WWE on Monday nights. Some people need to stop the blind hate for both brands and enjoy the show. This isn't the 90's and we aren't shareholders.

If the show is entertaining and puts forth the effort I'll watch it no matter what the ratings are and I'm sure a lot of fans feel the same way.

TNA fucking sucks. Anyone who thinks they have a snowballs chance in hell to do anything but get their fucking asses killed now that they have moved to Monday's is a fucking idiot.

You have to be a serious fucking ****** to think Hogan and Bischoff are doing anything but getting a check for themselves and their buddies. What more proof do you morons needs?

Hate the WWE all you like. Call it boring. Call it stale. Keep licking Hogan's balls. Keep watching the Nasty Boys wrestle and keep defending that shit.

Please. It's fucking hilarious.

Fact is TNA put their champion in the ring with Jeff Hardy and no one fucking cared. Beginning, middle and end of the discussion. TNA fucking blows.

I'm not sure what I'm looking forward to most. The excuses on the low ratings from the TNA smarks or from Eric Bishcoff.

Both should be fun. :lmao:

There is no real excuses for this. TNA started off hot in January and even had high rated shows on Thursdays afterward. Anyone that expects TNA to beat Raw or get a 2.0 after the first 2 weeks is delusional. I think TNA should of promoted their new move more and not given away matches like Hardy vs. Styles on free television without promoting it.

It's easy for you to take a few bad things about TNA and tear it apart. That would be like me saying WWE SUX CUS OF CENA AND PG AND HORNSWOGGLE!!!! Seriously the sad thing is the Nasty Boys got a higher rating then the main event. Seeing the Nasty Boys once a month for 5 minutes on Impact doesn't ruin the show or the ratings by the way.

TNA said themselves it was a long journey to get to the top. They just want to get their name out there to be known. They aren't trying to dethrone the giant that is WWE. Is it so awful to have alternatives? seriously? something that will make TNA and WWE better? I'm not saying TNA is perfect because there is a lot of stuff I don't agree with.

The same is with WWE. There is stuff I like and don't like about their product too, but I'm not going to bash the entire company over one match or segment. Basically lets not blow our load and burn TNA at the stake before they have even started yet.

There is no real excuses for this. TNA started off hot in January and even had high rated shows on Thursdays afterward. Anyone that expects TNA to beat Raw or get a 2.0 after the first 2 weeks is delusional. I think TNA should of promoted their new move more and not given away matches like Hardy vs. Styles on free television without promoting it.

It's easy for you to take a few bad things about TNA and tear it apart. That would be like me saying WWE SUX CUS OF CENA AND PG AND HORNSWOGGLE!!!! Seriously the sad thing is the Nasty Boys got a higher rating then the main event. Seeing the Nasty Boys once a month for 5 minutes on Impact doesn't ruin the show or the ratings by the way.

TNA said themselves it was a long journey to get to the top. They just want to get their name out there to be known. They aren't trying to dethrone the giant that is WWE. Is it so awful to have alternatives? seriously? something that will make TNA and WWE better? I'm not saying TNA is perfect because there is a lot of stuff I don't agree with.

The same is with WWE. There is stuff I like and don't like about their product too, but I'm not going to bash the entire company over one match or segment. Basically lets not blow our load and burn TNA at the stake before they have even started yet.
wow kenny did you even look at my post above? maybe i should say it again WCW was out a less time than TNA before they went up agaisnt WWE in the monday night wars and they BEAT WWE on the FIRST NIGHT. So come with a better excuse

Don't count TNA out just yet. Ok, so they got beaten badly in the ratings. So what? It's been two weeks. The first ratings war lasted years. TNA did choose the worst possible time to begin going head to head with Raw.... but the fans will know that there is a second option, and after Wrestlemania when Raw begins having bad angles like they usually do in late spring and the summer, fans will know they have a second option in TNA. Starting around April, TNA's ratings should begin increasing. Up until Wrestlemania they are almost guaranteed to have much lower ratings than Raw because nearly every fan wants to know what's going on during the Road to Wrestlemania.

As for this monday's ratings being a sign that there's no ratings war this time? Sorry Jack-Hammer, but I disagree. You can't know that yet. Wait until summer. If TNA is STILL getting terrible ratings by then, THAT is when we will know for sure that there will be no new ratings war.

Secondly.... TNA was guaranteed to get low ratings this week. They had taped their episode ahead of time, meaning the spoilers would end up on sites like this one before it aired. A taped edition of Impact going up against a live edition of Raw featuring a Stone Cold appearance.... it's a miracle that TNA got the ratings that it did. A second ratings war could still happen, we all need to just give TNA more credit because they are truly trying.

wow kenny did you even look at my post above? maybe i should say it again WCW was out a less time than TNA before they went up agaisnt WWE in the monday night wars and they BEAT WWE on the FIRST NIGHT. So come with a better excuse

First off you can't even compare the two and secondly WWE is a more established company now then before. All their big stars left and went to WCW which was owned by Turner Broadcasting. Before WCW was created it was known as NWA. TNA tried to use the NWA but it got them nowhere. WCW was well established by the time they went up against WWE compared to TNA.

Yeah WCW did beat WWE on the first night but again TNA isn't WCW despite what some people say. If TNA were as powerful as WCW we wouldn't even have this discussion, but they aren't. TNA has started from literally nothing to work their way up. You saying they should beat WWE their first night like WCW did is ridiculous and proves you don't know the difference between the two.

Don't get me wrong. Like I said, there could be a legitimate ratings war between the two in the future. My whole point was that there simply isn't now. I'm not counting TNA out after two shows or anything like that, but what I find kind of shitty is that too many people are making excuses for TNA's poor performance ratings wise.

I'd like to see TNA grow as a company like a lot of fans. It gives fans options and provides more options to wrestlers themselves. However, TNA took it upon itself to "declare war" on the WWE. TNA wanted to go head to head against the biggest wrestling company in the world despite having only a small fraction of their audience. That's all well and good, but when they wind up getting stomped in this so called "war" that they started, so many are quick to jump to TNA's defense.

Look at it this way. TNA has Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Eric Bischoff, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Jeff Hardy, Rob Van Dam, Sting, Jeff Jarrett, the Dudleyz, etc. TNA has some of the biggest wrestlers in history on its roster and some of the biggest and most well known wrestlers of the past 15 years signed with them. Yet, I keep hearing the excuses regarding the WWE's superior star power as to being a key reason as to why TNA doesn't have the WWE's audience.

Another excuse is that TNA isn't as well known as the WWE. Now, I'm not saying it doesn't have some validity, but it's a crutch that too many TNA fans have leaned on for too long. As I pointed out in my post above, TNA has some of the biggest names in pro wrestling signed to their roster. Whether or not anyone personally likes or dislikes these wrestlers is neither here nor there. The point is, they still have their names. If TNA doesn't advertise the way they should, don't make excuses for them. It's their own fault for not getting the word out. They hyped the crap out of the show they had on January 4th. They went on radio talk shows, they aired commercials hyping the show, they put up a billboard right smack in the middle of New York City. If TNA management doesn't do a good job of hyping and advertising the company, then it's on them. Not the fans, not the WWE, but them.

As far as this past Monday goes and TNA's ratings dipping because the show was taped, so what? TNA and Spike decided to set up having a live broadcast every other week. Maybe it'll turn out to be a foolish decision but, once again, it would be a foolish decision brought about by them. Two weeks ago, TNA brought in Rob Van Dam and Jeff Hardy and TNA fans were ecstatic. Instead of hyping the two wrestlers, instead of really just putting it out there that they were going to be there, they wanted to keep it quiet. TNA iMPACT! had a main event featuring Jeff Hardy vs. AJ Styles this past Monday and it turned out to be the lowest rated segment of the show. TNA's strategy seems to be little more than a hope that some WWE viewers will flip over to their show and decide to keep watching it instead of flipping back. Whatever TNA is trying to do, it's not working as far as generating new viewers goes or even maintaining their "average" audience.

If TNA comes about and winds up beating the WWE in ratings, I'm not going to look for or make excuses for the WWE. I'm not going to say "well so and so wasn't on the broadcast this week" or "they had to tape this show because of difficulties securing the arena for when they wanted it" or whatever. TNA decided to take the fight to the WWE and that's all well and good. But we shouldn't make lame excuses for them when they pull in bad numbers and then hype them to the moon when they pull in average to good numbers.

First off you can't even compare the two and secondly WWE is a more established company now then before. All their big stars left and went to WCW which was owned by Turner Broadcasting. Before WCW was created it was known as NWA. TNA tried to use the NWA but it got them nowhere. WCW was well established by the time they went up against WWE compared to TNA.

Yeah WCW did beat WWE on the first night but again TNA isn't WCW despite what some people say. If TNA were as powerful as WCW we wouldn't even have this discussion, but they aren't. TNA has started from literally nothing to work their way up. You saying they should beat WWE their first night like WCW did is ridiculous and proves you don't know the difference between the two.

kenny stop crying when you look at the roster tna has way more world famos people on there active roster than tna, plus like i said wcw was around only 7 years and have the same stars tna has now. and both tna and wcw is a spin off of the old nwa so stop making reasons for there sucky ratings

kenny stop crying when you look at the roster tna has way more world famos people on there active roster than tna, plus like i said wcw was around only 7 years and have the same stars tna has now. and both tna and wcw is a spin off of the old nwa so stop making reasons for there sucky ratings

The last thing I'll say about this is that TNA has done a shitty job of marketing when it comes to their new stars and their new show. Of course Hogan and Flair are showcased but Jeff Hardy and RVD were surprises that should of been advertised to get new people to tune in. I'm not crying and making excuses for TNA. Far from it.

All of us had some hope of TNA gaining ground after the ratings came out for January 4th. All I'm saying is we shouldn't throw in the towel just yet. TNA has big stars but lets face it. Hogan, Sting, Flair, Hall and Nash were more relevant and popular in the early 90's then now. Especially with all the scandals Hogan and Flair has been involved in with their personal lives.

Basically TNA has to do a better job of marketing their product to get more viewers. They have the talent and the momentum to get the job done. I never said TNA was better or that they could trump WWE. We have to wait and see. If the ratings are the same or lower in the next few months then I'll agree it's a failed attempt. TNA isn't God's gift to wrestling, but they are the underdog that tries. As long as they try to put on a good show then I'll be routing for them.

the problem here is that tna is making all this noise about beating wwe and now they and some wrestling radio show hosts I listen to are saying ratings dont matter

this should not have happened for at least 5 more years if tna were going to grow they would have been getting better ratings on thursdays even after hogan there ratings went back to normal 0. something

but something I dont get is why is it you have 2 companies why do they have to fight each other heres something they never think off working together all this fighting will do is kill one company and I can tell you now it will not be wwe they are just to big now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back