........Did WWE.COM just announce a brand split and live Smackdown?

Holy brand-split, Batman!

So if people are on dedicated shows, I assume certain titles will be show specific. Surely the WWE champ can be used on both, but what titles go where?

Bet Cody is kicking himself now, considering this could have meant he would have been used more.

Yes. That's exactly what they did. Should be cool. One bad thing, they're going to absolutely gut NXT again.

Great news. I might actually start watching Smackdown now. I hope Vince and Kevin Dunn continue to stay away from Smackdown though. Otherwise, Mauro will be ruined.

Holy brand-split, Batman!

So if people are on dedicated shows, I assume certain titles will be show specific. Surely the WWE champ can be used on both, but what titles go where?

Bet Cody is kicking himself now, considering this could have meant he would have been used more.

Cody's grievances seems to be that he wasn't creatively fulfilled. I don't know if a brand split will necessarily resolve that.

I really hope the WWE champion represents both Raw and SmackDown as the original brand split intended to do. Perhaps keep the US and Intercontinental Championship brand specific, while wwe, women's and tag team champions work both programs.

Because yay it worked before. Yay 3 hour Raw with half the stars.

For the first two-three years, it worked extremely well. I try not to remember the entire split through rose tinted glasses for the first years alone, but people often forget that.

I agree with you about Raw, though. I'm very skeptical on how they'll deploy three hours of television with the roster. Wait, fuck, it's going to be more recaps, isn't it?

For the first two-three years, it worked extremely well. I try not to remember the entire split through rose tinted glasses for the first years alone, but people often forget that.

I agree with you about Raw, though. I'm very skeptical on how they'll deploy three hours of television with the roster. Wait, fuck, it's going to be more recaps, isn't it?

1st 3 years were great because they had so much world class main even talent. They can't even build talent up now to lead a brand never mind 2 shows. Maybe I'm just pissed off because of the weather.

The Brand Split worked when the WWE treated both shows as equals. It wasn't until Cena jumped in 2005, then Raw slowly became the focus of the franchise. If they keep the shows separate, run Brand Exclusive Specials (think Takeovers for Raw and Smackdown), allow the PPVs to only show the elite guys, this could work.

I like drafts.

I hope they don't add another world title.

Cruiserweight division might be fun.

I'm surprised WWE is confident that they can produce a big enough gate to support two individual rosters while paying to produce more live TV. USA might be ponying up that cost.

How they fit the players on the boards is far more interesting than any storyline going on WWE programming right now.

Is this just Vince's way of breaking up Shane and Stephanie's incestuous on screen chemistry?

Raw as Roman's show and SmackDown as Cena's brand would create delicious salt.

One world title please. Two is a deal breaker for me.

Splitting New Day would be a terrible idea. Downright stupid, in fact.

Cody's grievances seems to be that he wasn't creatively fulfilled. I don't know if a brand split will necessarily resolve that.

I really hope the WWE champion represents both Raw and SmackDown as the original brand split intended to do. Perhaps keep the US and Intercontinental Championship brand specific, while wwe, women's and tag team champions work both programs.

While true, one would think with dedicated shows there would be more focus given to those who deserve it. Plus, with the need for plenty of new ideas to sustain two shows, a returning Rhodes would surely be a usable storyline for creative who are probably scrambling for fresh material.

If Rhodes couldn't crack the world title scene after his IC run on a paper thin SmackDown back in 2011/2012, then he would still stand no chance today. Period. Non-issue. Talented dude, but better off elsewhere for now.

This will be fun for like two months. Splitting the tag and womens divisions is a disaster waiting to happen. Within two years, they'll be playing into the same shit that made the brand split terrible the first time.

I better get a Neville push out of this. Otherwise I have no use for it.

If Rhodes couldn't crack the world title scene after his IC run on a paper thin SmackDown back in 2011/2012, then he would still stand no chance today. Period. Non-issue. Talented dude, but better off elsewhere for now.

This will be fun for like two months. Splitting the tag and womens divisions is a disaster waiting to happen. Within two years, they'll be playing into the same shit that made the brand split terrible the first time.

I better get a Neville push out of this. Otherwise, I really don't want it.

No way was I implying a world title run for him, but a bigger role/more screen time was not out of the realm of reality. He feels he could hold that strap, but nobody else does. Still, his paydays & being featured more are surely good enough for others who will now get that chance/money. He may get a run at the top strap in ROH or TNA, but he is taking a big cut one would assume, just to hold a far lesser title. Honestly, just a matter of time before he comes back. I give it 4 or 5 years before he ends up right back where he was.

I agree with you, especially with the last two parts. 2 years & this goes south. If they dont have Neville flirting with the main event soon after his return, then they are missing out on a few damn fine matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back