Do you think that WWE will get "Weinsteined"?

d_henderson1810

Mid-Card Championship Winner
What I mean is, with the current wave of sexual and historical sexual allegations being made about Hollywood stars at the moment, do you think that this will spill into wrestling?

I am sure that this has gone on in wrestling over the years, and there will be women in wrestling especially claiming to have been harrassed and forced into things that they didn't agree to.

I think if this happened, someone like Vince McMahon might get in trouble, given how he groped Divas on-screen back in the day. But I am sure that he wouldn't be the only one.

So, should there be people in the wrestling industry worried that past indiscretions and lewd things that they did will come back to haunt them, and put wrestling back in the bad books publicly once the media report it?

Didn't McMahon have some sexual harassment lawsuit in the past and Nicole Bass did accuse the Brooklyn Brawler for Harassment before as well as Pat Patterson?

It could happen I would be more cautious during the post Monday Night Wars in which McMahon and the WWE basically ruled the wrestling world and you could only make money in the WWE.

Though I guess it's also possible that female talent the WWE had in the past, if something did happen to them they would have spoken out by now. The reason why Weinstein was able to silence so many women is the power he had in Hollywood, it's no secret that if you want to win an Oscar or get an Oscar nomination (which increases your changes to stardom and becoming an A-Lister with jucier roles) Weinstein is the guy to do that. Damon, Affleck, Travolta (his come back), and Paltrow careers had a lot to do with Weinstein . Burning bridges with him basically meant an end to making it big in Hollywood.

The thing with WWE is though is that a lot of the women that came in from 2003 to pre-women's revolution saw the WWE as a stepping stone to get into TV, acting, modeling, or Hollywood. For many of these women they probably don't care if they burned bridges with the Wrestling industry especially since the Wrestling industry is looked down in by the American mainstream anyways. So if women spoke up to McMahon I don't think their careers would feel threatened and just move on if they are black-listed from wrestling.

But then again it's also possible.

The thing with WWE is though is that a lot of the women that came in from 2003 to pre-women's revolution saw the WWE as a stepping stone to get into TV, acting, modeling, or Hollywood. For many of these women they probably don't care if they burned bridges with the Wrestling industry especially since the Wrestling industry is looked down in by the American mainstream anyways. So if women spoke up to McMahon I don't think their careers would feel threatened and just move on if they are black-listed from wrestling.
I think that does make a lot of sense. The ironic thing is that McMahon, who gets a lot of grief from the die hard fans, and gets looked down upon by the public at large, not to mention the entertainment industry and media in general, and who, himself, always seems to crave that mainstream respect and credibility, may actually turn out to be more chivalrous and have more class than many in that mainstream media/entertainment world in the first place.

People give Vince a hard time, but I've always felt that he had a lot more credibility, heart, and generosity than people give him credit for.

Hopefully all of these stories coming will give HHH the bravery to speak out against the 20ish years of harassment that he has suffered at the hands of Stephanie. #hhhtoo

It is amazing we haven't heard more out of this industry. It's media, politics, and entertainment on crack. The number of young women and influential men in power. The drinking, the drugs, the travel, the bars, the commraderie (sp?), the power structure, the ribs, the hazing, the locker rooms, the machismo. So much of this screams workplace harassment and sexual assault playground that it is a wonder that new stories are not coming out.

I can't decide if I want Kevin Dunn or John Laurenitis as my first draft pick in our #himtoo pool.

I honestly think that the ghosts of the mid 90s sex allegations will make a return.

As well any woman with an axe to grind will probably come out swinging.

I'm actually surprised sunny hasn't attached herself to this.

Waltman sh•••••ng in her dinner could be seen as sexual harrasment. And let's not even discuss the Bret and hbk thing.

There are a lot of ring rats that could come out.

I've said this before and I'll say it aguan, yesterdays groupies, ring rats and ****s are today's washed up older feminist...

So willing ten/twenty years ago when tinged with regret or anger creates allegations.

Some of them unsound, some of them fake

The same thought crossed my mind. Frankly, I'm amazed that dozens of women haven't been coming out of the woodwork accusing Vince or any number of past stars of sexual harassment or outright abuse. I'm sure that there are legitimate cases of harassment to be made. I mean...you have to know that somewhere along the way, Ric Flair is someone that's made unwanted advances, he might still be doing it; it just sounds like something that wouldn't be at all out of character for someone who makes such an outrageously bullshit claim that he's slept with over 10,000 women. Like shooter mentioned, once upon a time, women hired by WWE were hoping to use WWE as a platform to other things such as TV or further enhancing their already exiting modeling careers, so it wouldn't be shocking at all if some came forward looking for some sort of payday.

When it comes to Vince, there's no way of telling where the rumors end off and the truth begins. I've read about rumors of Vince having numerous affairs with Divas in the past, there are decades old rumors that Vince is bisexual, that he engaged in threesomes with Sable & Brock Lesnar, some even say that a secret relationship with Shawn Michaels is why Vince so viciously protected him during the 90s no matter how far over the line he went. I don't believe there's a mountain of dirt about Vince so much as an entire friggin' mountain chain of it.

I feel right now, Vince is kinda like his good friend Donald Trump in that he's pretty much untouchable. By that i mean, outside of having the president of the United States as a close personal friend, he can pretty much buy himself out of a jam like this. If somebody want to throw some allegations of sexual harassment against him, he will find a way to make it go away somehow.

So i don'T feel that he himself as to be scared of something happening but anybody else in the company from wrestlers to employees are far game at this point. We found out in the last couple of years that it's really easy to blame somebody and have them lose their job within WWE because of false accusations and even in the 80's and 90's it happened with Pat Patterson a couple of time when some former employees or wrestlers weren'T happy with the company, they would accused Pat of sexual harassment. So at some point i wouldn'T be surprise if somebody that just want to have they're 15 minutes of fame back will come out and accused a wrestler or somebody well known within WWE.

The casting couch in Hollywood has always been a known thing as well as all the rumours, Personally I have never heard of any rumours about Vince Mcmahon himself but I dont know the guy personally so who knows, His wife and family have also always been heavily involved in the company so I can't see it.
I remember hearing recently Ashley Massaro claimed to be assaulted during the tribute to the troops show but not by a WWE employee and only other time I remember was some guy who set the ring up in early 90s against Pat Patterson and a couple of others that I cant remember off hand.

Didn't Sable walk out in 99 because she was tired of Vince McMahon cupping her crotch during production meetings?

The casting couch in Hollywood has always been a known thing as well as all the rumours, Personally I have never heard of any rumours about Vince Mcmahon himself but I dont know the guy personally so who knows, His wife and family have also always been heavily involved in the company so I can't see it.
I remember hearing recently Ashley Massaro claimed to be assaulted during the tribute to the troops show but not by a WWE employee and only other time I remember was some guy who set the ring up in early 90s against Pat Patterson and a couple of others that I cant remember off hand.

I remember seeing an episode of "Donahue" which investigated the wrestling industry.

Amongst the guests was midget wrestler Little Beaver (he who was big-splashed by King Kong Bundy at WM3), who accused Pat Patterson of sexual harrassment and that Vince knew about it and did nothing. So he is one that I know has made claims in the past.

Waltman sh•••••ng in her dinner could be seen as sexual harrasment.

I've said this before and I'll say it aguan, yesterdays groupies, ring rats and ****s are today's washed up older feminist...

Some of them unsound, some of them fake

No reason to include "could be" in the case of Waltman. Defecating in someone's food is definitely harassment. Please tell me you right wing young men will at least acknowledge that. Or are you all completely devoid of any decency at all?

And NO, feminists are not washed up groupies and ****s. No matter how many times you "said it before and say it again" it's still not true.

The ****S are the perverted men who keep harrassing people. Men like Trump, child molester Roy Moore and all the other powerful but incredibly insecure men.

No reason to include "could be" in the case of Waltman. Defecating in someone's food is definitely harassment. Please tell me you right wing young men will at least acknowledge that. Or are you all completely devoid of any decency at all?

And NO, feminists are not washed up groupies and ****s. No matter how many times you "said it before and say it again" it's still not true.

The ****S are the perverted men who keep harrassing people. Men like Trump, child molester Roy Moore and all the other powerful but incredibly insecure men.

You mean like rookies being soaped up in the shower by jbl?

Some random ring rat will come out soon will allegations, but Vince has bigger problems than that.

Well it's certainly possible, and if it did happen, then women need to come out and say something. There's simply no excuse for this.

I could be wrong, but the overall backstage morale is much better than before and this kind of stuff rarely happens now.

Regardless crimes committed in the past shouldn't be overlooked.

In the early 90's a woman who used to work for WWE was on a talk show (I can't remember which one) and said when she went in a limo with Vince he unzipped his pants suggesting she perform oral sex on him. I'm not sure what if anything happened with that.

In the early 90's a woman who used to work for WWE was on a talk show (I can't remember which one) and said when she went in a limo with Vince he unzipped his pants suggesting she perform oral sex on him. I'm not sure what if anything happened with that.

Fairly certain mike mcguirk was rumored to have been sexually harrased back then.

Not sure if she ever went on TV with it tho.

McGuirk left the WWF in 1993, reported by Penthouse magazine to be because she refused sexual advances made upon her by Vince McMahon, around the same time Boni Blackstone was hired as an interviewer.

The stories that could come out of the wrestling industry? Would be absolutely insane. And wide spread.

But the wrestling industry is different from any other, and I think that might be protecting it. You can out powerful men in Hollywood because there will be people in line to take their place, and the machine will keep rolling. You can out powerful men in politics for the same. You can out predators in other lines of work, because they can all be replaced.

The wrestling industry is comparatively small and very monopolized. If one starts to 'Weinstein' the WWE, then the domino's will fall... and there won't be anyone to move in and take their place. People will end up without livelihoods. A lot of people. And that scares people. Sometimes more than exposing the truth and stopping the cycle of harassment. Sad, but true.

Guaranteed the wrestling industry has some stories hidden that make Matt Lauer's door locking desk button seem tame. Google "wrestling sleeze thread" to hear some of them. At the time, a lot of that seemed unbelievable, and sure some of it is bullshit. But knowing more about how powerful people act behind closed doors now? Some of those stories stand out more.

Shitting in someone's food is a dick move but it isn't harassment.

I cannot think of a single labour board employee who would agree with that statement and still have a job.

.....no, no, it definitely is harassment.

Considering harassment needs to be sustained over a course of time, no, no it isn't. If it's done as part of a wider campaign against someone then it is.

If I shit in my colleagues sandwich sat next to him who I've never had any problems with them it isn't harassment. Dick move? Yes. Harassment? No

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back