Drew McIntyre: Life after 3MB

CM Steel

A REAL American
Drew McIntyre, Heath Slater, and Jindar Mahul form the wrestling stable the Three Man Band when they got tired of not being on WWE TV as much anymore and had nothing going on as single's star's. The group is a cross between the Rockers & the Job Squad. This past Monday on RAW we saw two members of 3MB with that being McIntyre & Mahul in a handicap match against IC champion Big E. In where they lost to Big E clean. So with his true skills in the ring is it time that Drew McIntyre just left 3MB? I see yes! Drew McIntyre has seen the top of the WWE mountain but fell down the mountain after WWE creative backstage delayed his push for personal reason's with McIntyre.

Drew McIntyre is a former IC champion, a former Tag Team champion. Hell he's a "Vince McMahon Guy" since he was handed picked by the WWE chairman himself!
I think that it's time to give Drew McIntyre another shot at the main event scene in the WWE. Let him chase and regain the IC title and then have him in the main event finally competing for the WWE world title. What does the E have to lose with this guy? So with that being said is it time for Drew McIntyre to leave the 3MB?

Yes. 3mb is bad for business

To me drew McIntyre should be repackaged
. Give him a Scottish bravehart gimmick. A scottsman
Who loves to fight. Piper as his manager.
Or no manager. He can be big.

2014 alumni

Billy Gunn(nao have had their turn, hang boots up)
Road dogg(nao have nothing to prove)
Goldust(same as above)
Camacho(if you keep him, have him manage the usos)
Curt Hawkins(waste of talent, go to Jeff Jarrett)
David otunga
Ezekiel Jackson
Great khali
Jtg
Zac Ryder

Not sure

Yoshi tatsu(keep him around if they bring back cruiserweight)
Jinder mahal(Can be made into a great heal)
Heath slater

Bring back

Shelton benjiman
Chris masters
Carlito

These 3 guys can slot in anywhere. Main event,mid card.

Debut to main roster

Tag team

Konnor and Viktor
Danny birch and Oliver grey(bad news barret henchmen)
Corey graves and Leo Krueger(new shield members)

Cruiserwieghts

Kalisto
Adrian Neville(join wade Barrett)-should call them the union jacks, 3mb using that name is stupid.
Solomon Crowe)Wyatt family)
Sammy zayne

Aiden English
Bo Dallas(wyaatt family)
Sylvester lefort
Mojo rawly
Tyler breeze
Mason Ryan(new muscle for the shield)
Alexander rusev will debut soon

Legends

Sting should only fight

Triple h
Kane
Shawn Michaels
Rock
Randy Orton
Wade Barrett
Sting,undertaker,Kane vs Wyatt family
John cena
Undertaker

To start the undertaker Fued

Have sting and rock vs Kane/taker at rumble

Make sting look strong pin undertaker or make him tap
.then have him eliminate taker in rumble match

Have sting undefeated before he falls at mania 31
Lots of interference. Wcw vs wwe

Rock vs reigns mania 31

Bryan vs angle mania 31

Cesaro vs cena mania 31 championship

Wyatt vs Orton -hell in cell mania 31

Drew McIntyre vs wade Barrett vs sheamus- intercontinental

I do agree that the should leave, as he is, in my opinion, better than this.

But, main event?No.There are way too many talents atm that WWE is trying to push and trying to not screw them up too hard.

He should be a good midcard guy or even a bit upper-midcard guy.Now with only 1 world title.There is no point in these pushes to the moon, unless they are sure about someone.

They already have The wyatts, the shield, DB and cesaro and sheamus to think about.And it seems Titus will be getting a push also.

There is no room for Drew atm in the main event scene and that's fine.Being pushed to the main event these days means shit anyway.Best example is Daniel Bryan.Look at what he needs to do to be able to even be considered.

I'd rather he get some time in the mid card, having some feuds and developing some mic skills.He does deserve better than what he is getting now but not main event, no now anyway, it's not his time, especially this close to WM.

Since we are so close to Elimination Chamber, I still remember his awesome performance in it.He showed a vicious and an aggressive side of him that we never saw and he executed it very well.That's the Drew we need to see more of.

I dont see him anywhere near the title picture for a the foreseeable future, which is a shame considering the faith WWE seemed to have in him at the beginning. I agree that if he wants any success as a legitmate solo star he needs to leave 3MB, but at the moment they are keeping him on TV and getting paid so its better than falling into obscurity.

I've always been a fan of big Drew, I've seen his work from being the top babyface in the UK 'til is work in FCW and WWE. Always saw a big star in him, however bad luck, bad decisions and bad booking took his "aura" away. Being a part of 3MB isn't really that bad since the trio is always entertaining and is perfectly capable of delivering good matches when asked to, and with time I could see them break away in the Tag Team division that is in need of fresh new teams to compete.

As for Drew in singles action it would be really tough. Turning a jobber into a star is pretty much impossible, specially since Drew is a jobber for over two years now. People used to have the "HHH"'s case to defend him, but this is no longer the case. Him turning on 3MB could actually hurt him more than helping him, mainly because the roster has a lot of other stars that are more of a priority as of right now. It's really sad to see such a great talent being misused like that, specially since he's an helluva of a worker. Reality is what it is and it isn't looking good for McIntyre. He won't be really released because he has good friends and HHH kinda likes him, but he is not doing anything really significant either.

Best case scenario he's put into a tag team with Wade Barrett and runs with it, but that doesn't look to be the case at all. I wouldn't mind him going back to NXT either, he would put great matches against their talent and I would like to see a babyface McIntyre for a change. I still have in high regard his showing at Elimination Chamber, because he showed personality and I like to see someone do that. After two years, my hopes have been crushed like hell.

Drew needs to get away ASAP.

I'd love to see a scenario with all three of 3MB in the back. They're just hanging out playing air guitar. Making an ass out of themselves. Vince McMahon walks by and makes eye contact with Drew. Drew has a look of shame on his face and Vince scoffs at him and says "And I thought you were the Chosen One".

Later in the night 3MB comes out for their match against Los Matadores & Sin Cara. Drew is not carrying on like Slater & Mahal. Match starts and Drew goes ape shit on all three guys. Wins the match without ever tagging out. Slater & Mahal look on in awe.

Next few weeks Drew is more focused and determined. Single-handedly racks up a few victories in tag matches. Then one night while celebrating a win Drew attacks Slater & Mahal. Stomps the hell out of both of them.

Drew is out and 3MB is on the look out for a new band member. Which eventually turns out to be Curt Hawkins.

If WWE keeps teams in 3s, they can repackage 3MB after Wrestlemania. If Reigns leaves the Shield, then that leaves The Wyatt's as the only true 3 man team. Sure 3MB have been jobbers, but if you repackage them to be more mean and serious after WM, you can put them in a program with the Wyatt's. Create some friction between Slater and McIntyre over who the lead is. Next thing you know, you have a couple decent feuds going

As for Drew in singles action it would be really tough. Turning a jobber into a star is pretty much impossible, specially since Drew is a jobber for over two years now.

For sure. I still believe a performer thinks it's better for his/her career to be a total jobber who gets multiple TV appearances than a person who sits in the back, waiting for their opportunity. Problem is, 3MB have been at this so long that it seems almost incongruous to consider any of them as individual stars.

If we're looking for a reason to be encouraged, I'd consider the case of Curtis Axel. Since I've never watched NxT, the guy had been invisible to me since mid-2011. After presuming he'd never get back to the main shows, he suddenly becomes one of Paul Heyman's boys and......incredibly.....wins matches over John Cena and Triple H. Okay, the push amounted to little and management probably came to the realization that Axel existed in obscurity because that's where he belonged, but the fact he's still on Raw/Smackdown shows it's possible to make it back from oblivion.

So, maybe there is reason to hope McIntyre can do the same. In considering this question, a better thing to know is what the top people really think of him. It isn't just wrestling ability that figures into this, because Drew has plenty of that......but without the support of management, he could become a world champion.....or future endeavored.

Anyone's guess.

Let's be honest ALL of 3MB has been buried the only claim to any relevance Drew has is the running big boot/power ranger kick he does no one cared before no one will care again

It would be damn near impossible to even build Drew up to an upper-midcarder after this 3MB debacle. First of all I don't think they have won ONE match so far (correct me if I'm wrong) and the 3 are seen as such jokes that if Drew were to "screw" 3MB I would honestly laugh. I wouldn't give two craps... If they want Drew to be even remotely relative, they will have to find a better way to introduce him as a babyface other than just screwing 3MB. I think he would have to leave for a while, come back maybe 6 months later with new gear, gimmick, and ring music and build him back up from the bottom.

I don't think Drew is as doomed as people say he is. Yes losing all the time sucks, so is being in a stupid gimmick like a air guitar band. But what people are forgetting is that a lot of the greats start off in really bad gimmicks (Austin, HBK, Cena, Taker, HHH, Batista, etc) and well history speaks for itself. Not saying Drew is or will be as great as them, but there's still hope for the man, he's still really young (28) so he has time. Maybe it'll take a total repackage, maybe it'll be as simple as having him turn on 3MB and actually winning his matches for a change, but it certainly is possible to turn things around. Of course I don't see it happening in the foreseeable future, but hopefully they'll find something good for him eventually.

Drew McIntyre from his debut late in 2009- 2010 I honestly thought was the 2nd best heel in the business after CM Punk. Was such a good bad guy and making Teddy Long's life miserable I thought was very entertaining. The fact he was storyline handpicked by Vince could have been used so much better and it could have got even more crowd heat if there things like screwjobs for titles or corporate champion that sort of thing. Just a shame his career declined as much as it has.

I hope he destroys 3MB and returns to being the Sinister Scotsman once more!

I don't think Drew is as doomed as people say he is. Yes losing all the time sucks, so is being in a stupid gimmick like a air guitar band. But what people are forgetting is that a lot of the greats start off in really bad gimmicks (Austin, HBK, Cena, Taker, HHH, Batista, etc) and well history speaks for itself..

The difference between Drew and the people you mentioned is that Austin, HBK, Cena, Taker etc. STARTED OUT with those gimmicks, and began taking steps towards becoming main event players. Those guys never took a step backwards (or rarely), plus fans kind of give newer guys leeway when they're put in a rough gimmick. Drew was introduced as a full blown upper-midcarder and ended up taking a MASSIVE step backwards making it harder for the fans to connect with him again.

He doesn't have it, he is enhancement talent and always will be. He doesn't look tough enough to cover for his horrible voice and poor promo skills, and nothing he does in the ring stands out.

He has a nice head of hair though, Vince really likes that.

Wow it wasnt all that long ago when Drew was dubbed the chosen one,signed by Mister McMahon himself. Going from a Former IC Champion,to this,is quite a downfall for him IMO. But better to be a jobber than someone who doesn't appear on TV at all. I feel though,all hope is not lost on Drew. He is a great performer and a good wrestler. A little hard to understand because of his accent though.

I say when 3MB is done eventually,repackage Drew immediately. Look at what they did for Curtis Axel,the former Michael Mcgilicuty,now known as Curtis Axel. Drew is easily the best performer in 3MB IMO. All hope is not lost on the Chosen One!

The difference between Drew and the people you mentioned is that Austin, HBK, Cena, Taker etc. STARTED OUT with those gimmicks, and began taking steps towards becoming main event players. Those guys never took a step backwards (or rarely), plus fans kind of give newer guys leeway when they're put in a rough gimmick. Drew was introduced as a full blown upper-midcarder and ended up taking a MASSIVE step backwards making it harder for the fans to connect with him again.

Fair point, but really not that big of a difference. At one point those guys were crap, just because they were never better than crap doesn't affect the pushes they got in the future that made them the big stars they are today, which really is the only thing fans actually care about. Give Drew a good push/new gimmick and within a year's time most fans would've long stopped caring about his 3MB days.

The difficulty all of 3MB have is that they are round pegs in a square hole.

They all have unquestionable talent and as JR would say "upside" but none of them "fit" into the singles picture right now. Drew is arguably the best in ring of the trio but is to some, hampered by his accent... Slater had the natural charisma and comedy talent and Jinder has the look and heritage that would normaly scream push, if not the other two...

Right now, bad as 3MB can be at times, they are probably better off as a unit, together, much as the Oddities or DOA/Los Boricuas/Nation were...

Now do I think Drew should move on, absolutely and this is the perfect time... why and how? You have Piper...desperate to be on Mania 30 and back involved... the "Hot Scot" and a Scotsman... make him Drew's manager, face or heel... if you are gonna use Piper's Pit, use it to break up 3MB and make Drew a face... have Piper tell him straight "stick with me kid and I'm better than any Vince McMahon brass ring". You can then put him against Sheamus or Barrett, maybe throw Regal in there for a bit... he beats 2MB almost out of hand...

The top brass clearly like Drew... they have stuck with him for a long time and he has taken more than his share of knocks but shows up and gives his best, which is better than a lot of guys who are pushed... the only mistakes he made was not going to sleep on Wrestlemania night rather than arguing and having an accent "the damn yankees" can't understand easily. They got him his green card, that is a big commitment on their part to him and his wave will come. However much better Barratt is or Sheamus they don't have that yet... one mistake or federal strike and they are off TV...

Remember how it took Bret 7 years to win the title or Mark Henry 15... Drew is one of those guys, it'll take a while but when the right thing comes, it will come quickly and he will be put right where he wants to be... even if it's for no other reason than Vince hates to be publicly proven wrong.

What they did for Curtis Axel you mean make him a jobber in a tag team no one cares about? Oh yea he might get pushed to that, oh wait thats what he is

Right now, bad as 3MB can be at times, they are probably better off as a unit, together, much as the Oddities or DOA/Los Boricuas/Nation were....

Exactly. And at that time, which I was around for, nobody was saying "whats next for Miguel Perez" or starting topics called "Chainz: Life after DOA".

Not everyone can be a big star.

Exactly. And at that time, which I was around for, nobody was saying "whats next for Miguel Perez" or starting topics called "Chainz: Life after DOA".

Not everyone can be a big star.

Your comparing Drew McIntyre to the likes of Miguel Perez and Chainz?? What an insult! Both of those guys put together has never achieved what Drew McIntyre has achieved in all their career to what Drew McIntyre did in just two years. Yes Drew McIntyre was "the Chosen One" anas groomed to be a top star in the WWE from the jump. And Drew McIntyre has won championship gold while in the WWE.

So that's real silly of you to make these comparions to these two guys.

Your comparing Drew McIntyre to the likes of Miguel Perez and Chainz?? What an insult! Both of those guys put together has never achieved what Drew McIntyre has achieved in all their career to what Drew McIntyre did in just two years. Yes Drew McIntyre was "the Chosen One" anas groomed to be a top star in the WWE from the jump. And Drew McIntyre has won championship gold while in the WWE.

Fair enough. It was an exaggeration, but my overall point is that some guys just are what they are.

The fact that he was already given the "Chosen One" label, and was groomed to be a top star in the WWE from the jump, and FAILED at reaching the level they wanted him to be at, is even more reason to doubt any "real" success he would have if they re-boot his career w/ another singles run.

There are way too many other guys on the roster ahead of him when it comes to who they would invest any time in.

Erm... Brian Lee (Chainz) headlined a Summerslam as "Fake Undertaker" so he has actually headlined a major show which Drew hasn't actually managed to do yet in a singles match.

That he was "hand picked" is his problem, he was pushed too fast and in an ill thought out manner and it damaged him in terms of confidence and with the fans. As someone said, they can't ALL me main eventers,,, some guys have to be the strong midcarders and Drew is perfect for that role.

Erm... Brian Lee (Chainz) headlined a Summerslam as "Fake Undertaker" so he has actually headlined a major show which Drew hasn't actually managed to do yet in a singles match.

That he was "hand picked" is his problem, he was pushed too fast and in an ill thought out manner and it damaged him in terms of confidence and with the fans. As someone said, they can't ALL me main eventers,,, some guys have to be the strong midcarders and Drew is perfect for that role.

Brian Lee (Chainz) only career highlight in all wrestling was against the Undertaker as "the fake Undertaker". So for one night Brian Lee stood out, as someone else. WOW I still can't believe it. And ever since then Brian Lee's career in wrestling was going downhill ever since. With Lee as 911 in the original ECW to his role as Chainz in the WWF during the attitude era. The funny thing is I've never seen Brian Lee win a single title while in the WWE.

But all I was saying with this post was that it isn't over for Drew McIntyre to get a second chance at being a star in the WWE. Brian Lee had his, so why not Drew McIntyre? And he has more talent in the ring than Brian Lee ever had! So why did you bring Brian Lee into this conversation anyways?

Brian Lee (Chainz) only career highlight in all wrestling was against the Undertaker as "the fake Undertaker". So for one night Brian Lee stood out, as someone else. WOW I still can't believe it. And ever since then Brian Lee's career in wrestling was going downhill ever since. With Lee as 911 in the original ECW to his role as Chainz in the WWF during the attitude era. The funny thing is I've never seen Brian Lee win a single title while in the WWE.

But all I was saying with this post was that it isn't over for Drew McIntyre to get a second chance at being a star in the WWE. Brian Lee had his, so why not Drew McIntyre? And he has more talent in the ring than Brian Lee ever had! So why did you bring Brian Lee into this conversation anyways?

I'm the one who specifically brought up Brian Lee (Chainz). It was in response to the other poster's statement that McIntyre is better off in 3MB, just as the members of DOA, Los Boricuas, etc. were better off in their groups.

FYI, Brian Lee wasn't 911. Two different guys.

And we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't think McIntyre has another "run" in him. If they pull the plug on 3MB, you're more likely to see him released than seeing him get another singles push.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back