Drew Mcintyre vs Trent Baretta

JayMiine

Pre-Show Stalwart
I think this Mcintyre vs Baretta feud is a very good sign for Drew..and not such a bad one for the former Dudebuster. While this feud may seen pointless and meaningless to some, it is actually a sign of faith in WWE. It is good that Drew is carrying a feud and making it semi-interesting(being around Kelly Kelly never hurts anyone either). This feud has been keeping Drew on tv and continue to slowly become a major player in this company. Trent Baretta is a significant underdog and being sold as such by the announcers(Josh Matthews does a great job.) They are giving him the classic underdog characteristics, heart, courage, etc.) He got a roll up victory over Drew last week and took a beating, turning Kelly almost fully against Drew. Tonight on SD, Drew beat Barretta convincingly and his assault was stopped by Kelly Kelly. This can create a Kelly Kelly and Barreta connection, maybe pushing Trent into the bottom mid-card(atleast on TV every week in some capacity). It helps Trent get over as a young up and comer underdog and gets Drew over as a heel.

What are your thoughts on this feud?
Is this a pointless feud?
or
Is this a good sign for both Mcintyre or Barreta?
What's Next?

PS. I think Mcintyre should DDT Kelly Kelly to reaally sell himself as a big time heel. I know it's PG, but hitting a woman is always great heat.

I'm kind of in the middle of the road on this one. I know that both guys can work inside the ring, McIntyre has improved a helluva lot over the past 6 months or so in my view. If the WWE gave these two 15 minutes, they'd put on a helluva match. I liked the match that they had tonight even though it barely lasted 2 minutes. I virtually never like 2 minute matches but they packed a lot of action into it and it felt significantly longer.

I'm not exactly sure what Kelly Kelly's role in this is. Could McIntyre go face? Could Kelly eventually turn heel? I have to admit that I'm at least somewhat interested in this little thing that's going on.

As I said, Trent Barretta can work inside the ring and I have a feeling that he'd be pretty good if you put a microphone in his hand. The WWE seems to be taking their time with whatever this situation is ultimately going to be. I don't have any problem with that, I love slow build ups. The only problem is that I have no earthly idea at this point whether or not the payoff is going to mean a damn thing.

I just saw this on youtube. I had heard a while back that WWE was removing any uploaded content on youtube so I figured I wouldn't be able to watch it any more and didn't bother trying until today. Glad I did, now I can watch SD! too.

Anyway, I like Barretta, and have always liked Drew, and could tell that Drew has... well, the only way to put it is "something more" going for him than he used to. Maybe personality is the word I'm looking for. Not quite sure. It seems to me that this will give him the crowd reaction that he needs to get where he should already be.

Is it just me, or does Drew just have the face of a, well, face? I mean it seems to me that he would be a great face just from the way he looks. I'm sure that's what they're working towards starting him out as a heel then turning him face, just wanted to know if I'm the only one that thinks that.

As for the turn that Jack Hammer mentioned (btw, Jack Hammer is like the Undertaker of the forum. When he has something to say, you'd be wise to listen) it had that feel to me, simply for the fact that he was going for the handshake but then got punched instead. And Kelly Kelly not caring that he wasn't at fault just made me think "what a bitch". lol

For some reason I also see Barretta as a Sean Waltman-esque kind of guy (but with talent). I don't know if it's the trunks or the build or both, but I did get kind of a 123 Kid kind of vibe. (But like I said, with boatloads more talent.)

In closing, I like the feud. I don't think it's pointless as it's giving two great talents a storyline to be included in and tv time. They both clearly deserve to be in the spotlight and I'm glad they are. I think it benefits both of them especially when you include the whole "female in the middle" aspect. That always seems to help give something a little more depth and a "personal" feel. I think this could give them both forward momentum and think it can be a huge benefit to both if handled properly. So far it seems to be working.(I know, I use too many quotation marks. Getting tired, give me a break)

This angle and rivalry is interesting in the fact it could go more than one way, we could see McIntyre's true heel colours show through in the end and have him turn on Kelly in a fit of jealousy.

However it could also be a case where Baretta and Kelly go heel, as really tonight Kelly blamed McIntyre for something that was Baretta's fault. I could see Baretta doing well as the cocky bumping heel with the hot girl on his arm, however I think this route is less likely as McIntyre is made to be a heel.

I virtually never like 2 minute matches but they packed a lot of action into it and it felt significantly longer.

Did you see the way Drew vaulted to the top rope and worked with Trent to perform that flying suplex? I can't believe how high he jumped and can't believe how quickly they executed it. Drew looked like Kofi Kingston performing that move, except that Kofi never did it so quickly. I was stunned (stunned, I tell you!)

Meanwhile, I like the Drew-Trent series but don't believe it's a vehicle for Trent Barretta; he's there only to further Drew's push. I think Trent is in WWE only to be a jobber and they gave him a win over Drew to make the series more believable, that's all.

As for Kelly, I'm anxious to see where they're going with this. My thought is that Kelly didn't see Drew try to shake hands after beating Trent, and that if she had, she would have felt differently about Drew's actions. I think Creative is doing a great job of keeping us guessing whether Kelly is going to help Drew turn face.....or the whether the opposite will happen. This is just what Drew needs in his career.

And if Kelly doesn't want Drew......I'll take him.:rolleyes:

I'm actually very interested in this fued. It's been awhile since I've enjoyed one that was below the mid-card.

I just wish the audience was a little more invested. They barely boo Mcintyre, and barely cheer Trent. Some audience participation is the only thing I feel missing.

Kelly's involvment is pretty old school, and it's basically the only thing they have for her. The fact that Mcintyre is able to make Trent play the underdog shows that he's got the upper mid-card status. I'm really looking forward to how this will turn out. I think this fued is elevating both of them- even if it's just a tincy bit. It at least makes them semi-relevant.

I just posted this under another thread but did anyone notcie the smirk on Barrettas face when Kelly came to his aide. I think Drew could turn face while barretta and kelly turn heel. I would like him as a cocky heel I think he would be able to become a poor mans version of Dolph Ziggler.

I'm really enjoying this storyline between Kelly Kelly and Drew McIntyre, they really have some Chemistry, i dont know how to explain, bt they have IT and people can put in Drew place (or Kelly Place).

SD! "28/01/2011" we saw McIntyre pick up thw win, and turn back to Kelly Kelly, he definetly feel that Kelly Kelly was unfair to him, so Drew is becoming a nice guy (face) and i think thar Creative Team is doing a hell of a job.

I Like Kelly kelly, but in this same show, he teamed up with Kathlyn and assault Lay-Cool for no reason apparent, does that show that KK is turning heel? :X

I dont want that, i think that Drew needs a push like, helping the Big Show with the Corre, or something similar, and maybe (maybe) get the girl :D

I WANT ROYAL RUMBLEEEE!!!!!!! :D:worship::worship::worship::rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back