Dudleyville Region, Fourth Round: (4) Dudley Boys vs. (5) Steiner Brothers

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Dudley Boys

• Steiner Brothers

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a fourth round match in the Dudleyville Region. It's a standard tag team match held in the Dudleyville Stadium.

Dudleyville.8.gif

team6.jpg

4. Dudley Boys

Vs.

steiner-brothersjpg-636349f82fafb121_large.jpg

5. Steiner Brothers

Vote for who you feel is the better team. The poll will be open for FIVE days starting approximately twenty four hours after this thread is posted. Use the time to argue and defend your choices. In the case of a tie, the team with more written votes will win. Only one vote per user.

Remember that this is a non-spam section and posts that do not meet our spam requirements will not count.

Very interesting match up here. Two power teams that are going to beat the hell out of each other. I have to give it to the Steiners. I think Scotts all around skills will be the deciding factor.

This would be a massively entertaining match, with the Dudleys bumping HARD to the Steiners' onslaught. At the end of the day, the Steiners would match the Dudleys hardcore tactics and brutally suplex them through their own table.

Winners: The Steiners

The Steiner Brothers are plowing their way through some great Attitude Era tag teams in this tournament. The Dudley Boyz would be no easy victory for The Steiners, both teams are very tough, have defeated loads of great tag teams and won titles everywhere, but I believe the boys from Michigan take out the boys from Dudleyville in their own hometown. The Steiners are stronger, quicker (Steiner on Bubba: "HE'S FAT!"), smarter, and just better wrestlers than The Dudleyz. The Steiner Boys would wrestle them to the mat, suplex them around the ring, and beat them like they stole something. There's also the fact that they've defeated them twice in TNA, even in their own speciality, the Tables match.

Not counting the TNA victories this still goes to The Steiners. Yes The Dudleys are multi time champs in various promotions. Yes they are tough. Yes this match will be brutal. No they will not win.

It comes down to this for me: Scott Steiner. Before he turned into a cartoon, the guy was fantastic. Size, strength, speed, agility, talent- he had it all. A suplex machine. Honestly, besides the TLC matches, I cannot remember a good Dudley Boys match that stands out whereas there are plenty I remember from Rick\Scott. They got the job done & I always remember being excited for their matches. With The Dudleys, I just wanted to see someone get a 3D through a table, regardless if they won or not.

I just think Rick\Scott were a better team. Add in the fact they have come out on top in RL matches & that seals the deal.

Here's a matchup that proves that there are no tag teams like brother tag teams.

And these are arguably the two best sets of brothers to ever enter tag team wrestling.

The inherent chemistry that comes from teaming with your own blood just cannot be matched.

Team 3-D are the most decorated tag team in the history of the business by a wide margin having held every World Heavyweight Tag Team title that has been relevant in the last twenty years multiple times over, and accrued a staggering 25 titles. The Steiners on the other hand were also insanely decorated for their time, and became the first team to hold all three of the WWF/WCW/IWGP tag championships(a feat that would later be matched by Team 3-D).

History says you must pick Rick and Scott here though. Four times these teams have competed under three different banners, and each time the results came out the same- those brothers from that godforsaken hellhole of a University that will go nameless came out on top. And the Steiners were further past their primes than their half-brother opponents.

So I guess that proves that blood really is the most important factor in tag teaming, as the full-blooded brothers showed superiority to the half brothers. Further illustrating that being brothers is the key factor in tag teaming, still making the Dudleys, despite coming up short here, clearly better than any merely thrown together non-related pairing.

Wait. What's that you say? Bubba and D-Von aren't actually half brothers? And D-Von is not the result of Big Daddy Dudley's one night venture across the tracks to the south side of Dudleyville? Well I say Fuck You! It's still real to me, Dammit.

Dudleyville or no Dudleyville this match goes to the Steiners no question, they were just a better team, simple as that and honestly I don't think its even close.

Sure the Dudley's are the most decorated tag team there is but lets not forget it came at a time where Tag Team wrestling wasn't good and at points it was downright dreadful, any team that was half decent and stayed together for a long period of time would've racked up a ton of championships. Not only that I don't think they are even the best team in that generation, Edge and Christian or The Hardyz are both superior teams.

Now take the Steiner brothers. They were a top team in the NWA, WCW, WWF and New Japan and they were a perfect mix of power, athleticism and technical ability, frankly I bet the Dudley's would barely get by in a handicap match against Scott, add Rick into the equation and they literally have no shot. You can spout accomplishments to me all you want but it doesn't change the fact that the Dudley's are way over their head in this one.

Are the Dudley's a great team? Yes but they aren't greater than the Steiners, not by a long shot.

Ah a rematch from their TNA classic lol. Two teams with different styles. The brawlers vs. the suplex technicians. I'm gonna go with the Steiners. I believe technique will outweigh the (in my opinion)over rated Dudleys.

The Dudleyz were a great tag team... the Steiners were in a league of their own tag-team wise. Name a significant tag team from 1990 to 2005 and they've beaten them. They even dominated in Japan and won the IWGP World Tag Team titles and brought them back to WCW.

This team of Rick and Scott were a well oiled machine that worked together extremely well. Other than Scott turning on Rick to go to the NWO, there's been very little dissension between the Steiners. D'Von and Bubba Ray have fought on numerous occasions and went their separate ways.

Either way, I can break it down with this... the Steiner Brothers were more athletic than the Dudleyz ever dreamed about, and that would be the deciding factor here.

STEINER LINE!

Team 3-D are the most decorated tag team in the history of the business by a wide margin having held every World Heavyweight Tag Team title that has been relevant in the last twenty years multiple times over, and accrued a staggering 25 titles.

I understand who you are voting for but I wanted to say something.

They do have plenty of belts, but one team would take exception to them being called the most decorated ever. They may be one of the most decorated teams ever & certainly in modern times, but Condrey\Eaton about doubled Team 3D's total championship wins. I remember there being a question of exactly how many that incarnation of The Midnight Express held, but I am pretty sure it is over 25. Lariat, Brain or KB could probably nail down a number better than I- but yeah.

Regardless, The Dudleys were a great team & had some memorable moments- its just that they are facing a much better team known for more than using tables. Scott would suplex Bubba on his head enough to bring the stutter back.

I understand who you are voting for but I wanted to say something.

They do have plenty of belts, but one team would take exception to them being called the most decorated ever. They may be one of the most decorated teams ever & certainly in modern times, but Condrey\Eaton about doubled Team 3D's total championship wins. I remember there being a question of exactly how many that incarnation of The Midnight Express held, but I am pretty sure it is over 25. Lariat, Brain or KB could probably nail down a number better than I- but yeah.

Point taken, but doubtfully correct.

The Condrey/Eaton version of the MNE possibly held like 40 tag titles, the major ones between early '84 and the end of '86.

The major difference being this:

If I subtracted the two of the Dudley's tag titles, their current reign as 2CW champs and their rarely defended three years with the Hustle titles in Japan, for being won in either shortlived, smaller, or mostly regional promotions; they're still left with a total of 23 World Tag Team titles won in National/International promotions. Condrey and Eaton on the other hand account for over 45 of their belts coming from these small regions like International Wrestling Cartel, NWA Bluegrass and Rocky Top, and some tiny regional in Virginia. The only titles they held that could really qualify as World titles on the level of most of the other 23 that the Dudley's held are one NWA World title that they won for JCP under the Mid-Atlantic label, and the two that they won for Mid-South Wrestling, the Bill Watts promotion that briefly went National under the banner UWF before struggling and merging with Crockett.

It comes down to this for me: Scott Steiner. Before he turned into a cartoon, the guy was fantastic. Size, strength, speed, agility, talent- he had it all. A suplex machine.

That's what seals it for me. Rick Steiner, Bubba and D'Von are all pretty average wrestlers, good enough and can brawl with the best of them. They'd play an important part of this match but Scott Steiner would be the difference maker. He's head and shoulders above anyone else in this match, an athletic machine in his prime. Plus, when the teams have met in real life, albeit past their primes, the Dudleys have never won.

Even in their hometown I still see Scotty dropping D'Von with a Screwdriver, and then getting on the mic and screaming about how the Steiners have a 136.437% chance of winning the tournament, and how every Dudley family member loves sugar and is fat.

Scott Steiner is great, but he can't play guitar.

[YOUTUBE]9DfWcMZys48[/YOUTUBE]

Point taken, and technically correct.

The Condrey/Eaton version of the MNE held like 40 tag titles between mostly early '84 and the end of '86.

The major difference being this:

If I subtracted the two of the Dudley's tag titles, their current reign as 2CW champs and their rarely defended three years with the Hustle titles in Japan, for being won in either shortlived, smaller, or mostly regional promotions; they're still left with a total of 23 World Tag Team titles won in National/International promotions. Condrey and Eaton on the other hand account for over 45 of their belts coming from these small regions like International Wrestling Cartel, NWA Bluegrass and Rocky Top, and some tiny regional in Virginia. The only titles they held that could really qualify as World titles on the level of most of the other 23 that the Dudley's held are one NWA World title that they won for JCP under the Mid-Atlantic label, and the two that they won for Mid-South Wrestling, the Bill Watts promotion that briefly went National under the banner UWF before struggling and merging with Crockett.

For sure, I see what you are saying. Times are certainly different now than they were back then & that does not diminish what either team accomplished. Both were at the top of their game & various reasons make their respective major title wins important. I just wasnt sure if you knew about the titles the MNE had won. There are many people who have no idea & instantly say Dudleys when talking about most decorated.

You have shown a few times that you have a good amount of wrestling knowledge & I wasnt calling you out or anything, just wanted to clarify. Hopefully a few people come away from this tournament with a bit more knowledge, because half the teams in this many are not familiar with. That is clear by how The Outsiders made it past two much better teams.

Even in their hometown I still see Scotty dropping D'Von with a Screwdriver, and then getting on the mic and screaming about how the Steiners have a 136.437% chance of winning the tournament, and how every Dudley family member loves sugar and is fat.

It is such a drastic change to see what Scott used to be like and how he ended up. The great part about him is you can always count on a classic line when he grabs a mic. It will either be really solid or something so off the wall you cannot help but laugh. The guy certainly is entertaining.

For sure, I see what you are saying. Times are certainly different now than they were back then & that does not diminish what either team accomplished. Both were at the top of their game & various reasons make their respective major title wins important. I just wasnt sure if you knew about the titles the MNE had won. There are many people who have no idea & instantly say Dudleys when talking about most decorated.

You have shown a few times that you have a good amount of wrestling knowledge & I wasnt calling you out or anything, just wanted to clarify. Hopefully a few people come away from this tournament with a bit more knowledge, because half the teams in this many are not familiar with. That is clear by how The Outsiders made it past two much better teams.

Definitely. For example The matter of Condrey/Eaton is a good case for how a source like Wikipedia can be a failed/questionable source for a tourney like this, something many people who copy and paste from there during the WZT and take the info as gospel would do well to learn. Wiki does claim Eaton and Condrey won an absurd number of titles, and I referenced those counting numbers for effect, but they really don't seem plausible and good luck doing any real research to actually support most of those claims.

The best thing these tourney's do is provide some nice historical perspective from a variety of posters that can lend info beyond the surface of wiki or more wrestling oriented web-encyclopedias.

I think Scott Steiner tells you everything you need to know in this video...

[YOUTUBE]watch?v=CRvu82TMnBw[/YOUTUBE]

...as you can see Team 3D clearly worship the Steiner Brothers & desperately want their approval however Scott Steiner isn't impressed with them being ECW Bingo Hall Tag Team Champions.

Here's a little reminder just how good the Steiner Brothers were...

[YOUTUBE]watch?v=jymOv-wQCBQ[/YOUTUBE]

Steiner Brothers win. Next...

Steiners win this one for me. I only posted to point out that anyone saying Scott was better and that Rick was "average" needs to go rewatch Steiner Brothers matches. Rick Steiner was a HELL of a wrestler. Much better than Scott for the majority of their careers. Scott was more of a spot monkey with the suplexes, had the better look and more charisma, but Rick was the better wrestler. There is a reason why he was being booked in the NWA while Scott was still working German tours with promoters not sure they cared to pair them up.

Scott became the main eventer because of his better entertainment skills. Rick was a badass wrestler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back