Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the ECW Region, under Extreme Rules, from
Dallas, TX.

#16. Diamond Dallas Page
dallas.jpg

vs.

#48. Dr. Death Steve Williams
williams_steve.jpg

VERY interesting amtchup here. Steve Williams is a freaking tank. He wouldn't beat people. He would run over them and then pin them. He had the pure wrestling talent to go with anyone on the mat and could brawl with anyone. On the other hand, we have DDP. He wasn't great in the ring but he had one big move that could end anyone in the blink of an eye. The thing that's swinging this for DDP is that the one man to beat Williams in America in over ten years was Raven, who was trained by the same person that trained DDP, and used the same kind of quick ending move. I'll go with DDP, but if he loses I'll have no issue at all.

Steve Williams wins.

DDP may be able to attempt a Diamond Cutter, but how big is the friggin' neck of Dr. Death? The man took ass kickings and gave them out to. See the belts he was holding? Those are the Triple Crown belts from Japan. Pretty sure he had to go through Stan Hansen to get those. That and he bench presses everyone ever.

I say DDP gets beat in what will be a Diamond Cutter countered into a Oklahoma Slam.

Arguments for Steve Williams often take the negative form, which is a bit ridiculous. I haven't been pinned in 21 years in North America, or Japan and Mexico for that matter, but that doesn;t mean anything. Who did Williams beat in that time? The answer is hardly anybody.

Page may not have been the greatest performer in the world, but he did beat a lot of big named guys regularly, something that Williams never did. Williams may have been big in Japan, but he was no bigger than the Japanese wrestlers, the American megastars over there were the ones that were a big deal in America too.

Williams has the power here, but DDP would be able to spring the cutter from nowhere and win this one after a lengthy brawl.

I'm tempted to just simply give DDP the win here based upon Dr. Death's involvement in the whole Oklahoma angle. That isn't fair though, and besides, DDP was there in WCW during the shit moments, as well.

For those of you that argue Page couldn't hit the Diamond Cutter on Dr. Death, I show you the following evidence of Page hitting it on someone that's even bigger than Steve Williams. Say, five hundred pounds?

[youtube]G-X1esvAtq4[/youtube]

Or how about on someone similar to Dr. Death:

[youtube]FzE8KlSD6_s&feature=related[/youtube]

Part of what makes the Diamond Cutter so effective is DDP's ability to hit it at any point. It's not like the RKO, which people claim can be hit from anywhere. This move could be hit from the top rope, someone jumping off the top rope, someone charging at him, someone sitting at the top rope. The only place Page really can't hit it from is if Dr. Death's on the floor. It's already been mentioned that Steve has lost to Raven, a man that comes from the same psychology as DDP.

DDP is a three time heavyweight champion. He's beaten the likes of Bret Hart (to earn the US title), Kevin Nash, Ric Flair, Eddie Guerrero, Sting, and Chris Benoit, all men seeded higher than Page Falkinberg. Plus, besides that, he took Goldberg, a man similar to Dr. Death, only pushed infinitely much more so than Dr. Death, to the brink, in what was one of WCW's best matches. I see him as a real sleeper in this tourney.

Page, in a close one.

Both were involved in some lousy angles in their time. Nothing, however, is as bad as DDP dropping the WCW World Championship to David Arquette. That alone is enough to make me vote for Steve Williams.

Williams does, however, have legitimate wrestling skill though he does rely on power. He's much stronger than DDP, probably legitimately much tougher as well. Williams is a guy, somewhat like Stan Hansen, that's well known in the USA but has become a god in Japanese wrestling circles. I've never been a fan of DDP and while I won't be surprised if he wins this due to votes, Steve Williams would have used him for toilet paper in his prime. I'm voting for Dr. Death.

I'm giving the win to DDP. Dr. Death was good, but he's not the great wrestler that he's made out to be. He'll give DDP a beating, and then get caught with a Diamond Cutter to end it.

DDP may even have a shot at upsetting Stone Cold in the next round...

Dr. Death would probably control most of the match and dominate DDP, but DDP gets a surge of energy, makes a comeback and nails the diamond cutter and gets the win after a brutal beating.

The run of Dr. Death ends here. Yes, the man had an impresive undefeated streak, yes the man had a decent run in Asia, but other then that, he didn't do much in the main event. DDP, former multi time world champion. A guy that pretty much pulled his career out of obscurity in a matter of months. Can Dr. Death beat the hell out of DDP, yes. Can Dr. Deth utilize the hardcore environment better then DDP, yes. DDP has the diamond cutter, and I've seen that move hit out of nowhere out of almost every position possible.

I may not be too popular on this thread, but I always felt DDP was overrated. He started off as a manager, was World champion when there were really no other options for the belt, then fizzled off as a midcarder in the WWE.

Dr. Death was undefeated in the US for almost a decade, one of the most popular foreign born wrestlers in Japan, and half of one of the most dominate tag teams in wrestling history,The Miracle Violence Connection with Terry Gordy. I remember when they came over in 91 and destroyed the Steiners.

With this match being under extreme rules, don't be surprised to see Gordy involved. Dr Death wins in just under 10 mins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back