ECW: Dallas Sub-Regional

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
Come in here to discuss the Dallas Sub-Regional of the ECW Region headlined by the Texas Rattlesnake, Stone Cold Steve Austin. Remember, Extreme Rules.

Matchups.
The First Three Rounds Take Place In: Dallas, TX
1. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
64. Skinner

32. Austin Aries
33. El Santo

16. Diamond Dallas Page
49. Delirious

17. "Superstar" Billy Graham
48. "Dr. Death" Steve Williams

8. "The Five Time WCW Champion" Booker T.
57. Bryan Clarke

25. Pedro Morales
40. "Classie" Freddy Blassie

9. Bruno Sammartino
56. Takuya Sugi

24. "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels
41. Jack Brisco

So Round 2.
Dallas, TX.

1. Stone Cold Steve Austin
33. El Santo

16. Diamond Dallas Page
48. Dr. Death Steve Williams

8. Booker T.
25. Pedro Morales

9. Bruno Sammartino
24. "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels

Round 3 Matches.

1. Steve Austin
16. Dallas Page

8. Booker T
9. Bruno Sammartino

Wow. Any combination here could be most interesting indeed. Booker is a Houston native so it's not like he won't have his fans. Bruno is in trouble here. He's a New York god, but outside of there he's not as big of a deal. He's got the power to dominate both of them, but that's about it. Austin however, is bigger than any of them in Texas. Actually he's a bigger star anywhere. Down there, he can do no wrong. At WM 17 he joined with Vince but the Texas crowd went insane for his title win anyway. I can't see any other outcome than kick, wham, stunner all around.

I've saved my three hundred and sixteenth post for something about Austin. It is fitting that it will be about how Stone Cold, as it is, will pummel anyone in this sub-regional. Booker and Bruno are great wrestlers, but this is E-C-f'n-W! This is where the brawling bad-asses shine! Who better for for this than the Texas Rattlesnake?

Stone Cold has everything to his advantage here. He's going to blow through this sub-regional no problem.

When I saw the three competitors I was like this is a no brainer. Stone Cold will easily win this. Bruno has a somewhat disadvantage before he isn't at home and with Austin having the crowd behind him Austin will be unstopable. Booker will put on a good show but Stone Cold will just be to fired up to loose this match. 3 stunners to Booker FTW.

Bruno is a man everyone needs to learn about who doesn't know him. It was something reading about him.

People criticize younger fans for not knowing the past, and many of those people will say that Bruno is the better wrestler. The thing I say to those guys is you are still living in the past and cant accept a new wrestler is now better than an old wrestler.

Stone Cold is better than Bruno. And he would be better in ECW.

Booker T has little of a chance here though. Not in a hard core environment. He might get a pop for smashing someone through a window, but that is it.

I don't want to discredit Booker T, but this isn't his forte. He is close to home, but that doesn't matter when up against either a better competitor in Bruno or someone that IS home in Austin.

Bruno is also out of his theme. Forget about the location, and just think that this is ECW. Bruno could likely dominate both guys when he is in a WWWF ring, but hardcore isn't his thing.

Now, Austin is a perfect fit for this. He is damn near a god in Texas, face or heel. He can do no wrong. Then, add in the ECW factor. Austin dominated other guys in brawl environments, and there should be no difference here.

It is unfortunate that some big names might lose out to the stipulations, but anyone big enough would be able to overcome anything. Right here, no one is bigger than Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Stone Cold should win this region but it's not going to be a cakewalk. Bruno was as powerful as any wrestler in WWE history and Booker T was very underrated and was very athletic for someone his size. All in all, Austin will win with a few close scares here and there.

I can see Bruno Sammartino, the longest reigning world champion of all time, going out early here. Never in his career did anything even approaching ECW exist. It doesn't matter how powerful you are, when weapon are brought to the fray, you can still lose.

A 1960s slow power game is no match for a stop sign to the face, even if said stop sign smash is administered by Crash Holly. His only hope, is to face fellow old timers in the 1st and 2nd rounds, and to ebb out a tight victory over Booker, who while not exactly a hardcore brawler, he has competed in matches with weapons.

I think the fact that Stone Cold actually fought in ECW means that barring one of the absolute top level ECW originals facing him, he should make it through to the gimmick rounds no problem.

I've said it before, but if The Sandman, Raven, Shane Douglas, Tommy Dreamer or Mike Awesome find themselves in the ECW section, we could see some major upsets. I think this bracket is probably the most likely to produce an upset, as each of the others have at least one seed who has excelled in hardcore matches before.

In any other Region, Austin would be an absolute lock. But in ECW, anything can happen, and if an Extreme Alumni finds himself in their preferred environment, they are immediately a dark horse candidate. And don't count out Booker T either. He is a very capable wrestler, and I think he could adapt into the hardcore environment very well. However, if I remember correctly, he has never been able to get the better of Austin. He will need someone to knock off Austin in a huge upset if he wants a serious chance of winning.

Poor Bruno. Like others have said, he'd dominate these two in a WWE, or WCW bracket. But, this is EC-Dub. Unless he matches up with someone equally inexperienced in the world of hardcore, he's done in the first round. It doesn't help that he doesn't have nearly the fanbase of the other two, especially in Texas.

Booker T is a darkhorse in ECW, not just this region. As a member of Harlem Heat, he was a good all-around wrestler, and only became one-dimensional as a singles wrestler. He'd adapt pretty well to using weapons, and as long as he can avoid doing the Spin-A-Rooni, he should do well, until he faces Stone Cold.

It's becoming more and more apparent that Stone Cold is one lucky S.O.B. for landing in ECW. He should do fine until the finals, and unless Booker can catch him with the right weapon, his brawling style will win in the end. Like KB said, it's going to end in finger-kick-Stunner for the 1-2-3.

Bruno was an awesome wrester, but as has been pointed out, this isn't MSG, and his isn't WWF. He held the belt for a long time, and it took some doing, but he's out of his league and not in a pure wrestling environment. Weapons rule the day and Austin is the only one with ECW experience.
Booker will give him some trouble, but again the hardcore environment will be his undoing. Austin will dominate

I'll call bullshit on at least half of the votes for Sammartino. With no WWE DVD on him, and no WWE HOF spot his exposure is limited. Some people might watch his matches on You Tube, some won't. Of half who do decide to watch his matches on the internet, half won't honestly like them.

Austin is great, his feud with McMahon was some of the best wrestling I've ever seen. Unlike Hogan and Cena, who Austin is often grouped with, he doesn't seem to have many 'haters'. Austin was WWE for a time and everyone knows it. He was arguably the biggest part of the most popular time in WWE history, I think that says a lot.

This region is just falling perfectly into place for Steve Austin. I do not like Booker T's chances against Stone Cold in any of these regins with the exception of maybe TNA...maybe. Austin should have his way with him and he should roll through Bruno as well seeing this aint WWF or a pure wrestling match. Forecast calls for alot of Stunners and beer bashes in this region for Stone Cold Steve Austin.

:lmao: The great thing about a tournament in which you're asked to be fair, is that in certain situations.. fairness won't play a role at all. This is one of those moments. Bruno is going to get fucked, flat-out.

No one (outside of very few, under 10 possibly) even know of him, or have seen his matches. And Jake's right. Anyone willing to attempt watching his matches, will honestly be bored to tears because it's just not from this time period. Things have vastly changed. And even if Bruno should be the odds on favorite, he likely won't make it beyond whoever he faces in the opening round. Just because well over half of the people who'll vote.. either haven't watched his matches, or don't know him.

Off that note, Steve Austin is the fan favorite lock to win this, yet honestly shouldn't. I'm so sick of people riding Austin's dick. He was an average wrestler, at best. And his days in the land of extreme didn't make him "hardcore". Outside of his mouth, anyways.

Booker T. doesn't honestly stand a chance in a hardcore environment. So out of the current listed individuals, Austin will take it, quickly and without problem. But I still don't feel he should.

Everyone is saying that Booker T doesn't stand a chance because of the hardcore environment, but I believe that actually helps him. Everyone is remembering Booker T as the athletic guy who did the spin-a-roonie, but Booker T was a a lot more then that. He was part of one of the toughest tag teams ever in Harlem Heat and even after breaking away from the team he was still always tough. You put Booker T in a hardcore environment and he will shine, and he has a great chance of beating Austin.

Everyone is saying that Booker T doesn't stand a chance because of the hardcore environment, but I believe that actually helps him. Everyone is remembering Booker T as the athletic guy who did the spin-a-roonie, but Booker T was a a lot more then that.

You're right, he also did movie reviews with Goldust. That was truly hardcore. And brutal. And he has the ability to alter his voice. Double extreme there. Maybe he can mimic someone who's extreme, because he's certainly anything but.

He was part of one of the toughest tag teams ever in Harlem Heat

Just because he was apart of a Tag Team that "claimed" to be from the tough streets. Doesn't actually mean they were tough.

and even after breaking away from the team he was still always tough.

He fought the likes of Disco Inferno, and a watered down Perry Saturn. He had trouble with Finlay and Chris Benoit, and couldn't even hang with Scott Steiner. How tough was he?

You put Booker T in a hardcore environment and he will shine, and he has a great chance of beating Austin.

Unless Shane McMahon joins the E.C.W. region as well, then maybe the Mean Street Posse' can back him up, yeah?

You're right, he also did movie reviews with Goldust. That was truly hardcore. And brutal. And he has the ability to alter his voice. Double extreme there. Maybe he can mimic someone who's extreme, because he's certainly anything but.

Yea, and Steve Austin used to play guitar and sing songs for Mr. Mcmahon. Every superstar has some point in their career where they look weak.
Just because he was apart of a Tag Team that "claimed" to be from the tough streets. Doesn't actually mean they were tough.

You can say that about anybody. Just because Austin said he was the toughest SOB doesn't mean he was.
He had trouble with Finlay and Chris Benoit, and couldn't even hang with Scott Steiner. How tough was he?

He beat Finlay and Benoit just as much if not more then they beat him, it's not like he was dominated. And Booker T beat Scott Steiner for his 4th WCW title reign. And as long as we are on the subject of having trouble beating guys, Steve Austin was Savio Vega's bitch.

Yea, and Steve Austin used to play guitar and sing songs for Mr. Mcmahon. Every superstar has some point in their career where they look weak.

[youtube]gYGG2ULu818[/youtube]​

I don't know about you, but I'd say he looked pretty hardcore with that guitar.

You can say that about anybody. Just because Austin said he was the toughest SOB doesn't mean he was.

Agreed. I don't think Steve Austin was anywhere near "the" toughest S.O.B., but he's a lot closer to that spot than Booker T. ever will be. The only thing Booker T. ever did was beat up Batista backstage. And that doesn't count in a Wrestling tournament.

Steve Austin has had a better career, and while Booker T. may have more overall Championships because he was stuck in the Tag Team division long enough to lose and win enough times to fall into the history books.. it doesn't make him better.

He beat Finlay and Benoit just as much if not more then they beat him, it's not like he was dominated. And Booker T beat Scott Steiner for his 4th WCW title reign. And as long as we are on the subject of having trouble beating guys, Steve Austin was Savio Vega's bitch.

Agreed. :lmao: And the best part is, I'm not even arguing that Steve Austin isn't "above average". I'm merely arguing that he's above Booker T. And he is.

Austin has accomplished more in his career, he's set more records, and fought (and won) against far more big names, in bigtime settings. Booker T. will have some of the Texas crowd, but Austin will have far more.

Well Booker, Bruno it was nice knowing you. Stone Cold is as hardcore as it gets and simple as, goodbye 5 Time WCW champion and former WWWF champion and hello Texas Rattlesnake (with weapons as well!)

This could be interesting. I've said all along that Stone Cold is lucky to have landed himself in ECW. But, he may have a test here.

While he holds the distinct "hardcore" advantage over DDP, DDP has the Diamond Cutter. There's 53 different ways to hit the Diamond Cutter, and he'll use every single one, if he has to. He's not completely new to the hardcore environment, but his in-ring abilities, and high level of ring smarts is what he'll need to go past Stone Cold.

If he can do that, he should easily go over Bruno or Booker T. He's a darkhorse for his bracket, but if he gets past Stone Cold, he may be a darkhorse for the entire ECW Region.

Stone Cold is still my winner here, until we see otherwise.

I dont care if DDP has 53 ways to hit the diamond cutter. It is similar to the Stunner so Austin knows how to counter it. That in my opinion is DDP's real only way of having a chance seeing in my view Austin is superior technically and is more inclined to use weapons and use them freely. You also have to take into account the factor that in this region you might have to be williing to bleed and take a beating to win. we havent seen a ton of that from DDP, but on the other hand Austin has showed a willingness to bleed just to inflict pain on his opponent.

I just cant see DDP as a real threat to Stone Cold Steve Austin.

You also have to take into account the factor that in this region you might have to be williing to bleed and take a beating to win. we havent seen a ton of that from DDP, but on the other hand Austin has showed a willingness to bleed just to inflict pain on his opponent.

I just cant see DDP as a real threat to Stone Cold Steve Austin.

You must be forgetting the months worth of beatings DDP took from the entire nWo. He may not "bleed", but he's definitely sacrificed his body before.

The Stunner v. The Diamond Cutter is a debate that's happened on these forums, and will be an interesting match-up. I agree that Stone Cold should win, but it isn't impossible for DDP to pull it off either.

I know everyone's going to say it's because I'm not old school, but I'm picking DDP over Billy Graham/ I know without Graham, we wouldn't have DDP, and guys like him. But, this comes down to wrestling ability, and DDP is still the better man, in my eyes. Especially with this being in the ECW bracket.

The addition of Graham doesn't change this coming down to the winner of Stone Cold and DDP. Whoever hits their move first, should win. And, Austin is going to be better in the extreme environment.

DDP is by far the worst superstar so far in this sub-regional. Because it's ECW he could possibly beat Billy Graham, but it's not like DDP is very hardcore. He is actually one of the least hardcore people I can think. When it comes to guys like Austin and Booker T, he has no shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back