ECW Region, London Area, First Round: (1) The Rock vs (32) One Man Gang

Who Wins This Match?

• The Rock

• One Man Gang

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tastycles

Turn Bayley heel
This is a first round match in the ECW Region, London Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under ECW Rules. It will be held at The O2, Greenwich, London, England.

url

url

#1. The Rock

Vs.

url

#32. One Man Gang

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Well this one is too obvious. The Rock. And for obvious reasons. The legacy, the pedigree, everything The Rock is. Trumps One Man Gang.

Looks like The Rock walks away with a squash match in the first round. Even if One Man Gang was anywhere near the caliber of star, fans aren't going to put him over the Rock.

Rock comes out, cuts a promo on OMG disrespecting African roots, hits the Rock Bottom and sends his candy ass back to Deepest, Darkest Africa.

Two words. The Rock.

This isn't even debatable. Voting for One Man Gang will make you the most stupid person to ever grace these Forums. Being the #1 Seed in this region and just former... everything, having beaten Cena at Wrestlemania, this isn't going to be much of a match for Rocky and its definitely not going to last over a minute.

Arrive. Rock Bottom. 1.2.3. Raise Hand. Leave.

The Rock is my pick to win this tournament, and he's practically a lock to advance to the quarterfinals unless a serious opponent gets in his way, which I don't think will happen.

For me, Rock is the man to beat this year considering he's beaten Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, and John Cena at Wrestlemania and is riding a huge wave of momentum into the tournament. I just wanted to say that to lengthen this post because there is no argument to be made for One Man Gang. The Rock is so much better at every facet of Professional Wrestling than One Man Gang that it's laughable. There is nothing OMG can do to even make voting for him cross my mind, he's overmatched here. Rock wins easily.

Guys, this match is in London. One Man Gang is undefeated in London and has achieved legendary status. Rock wouldn't be able to handle his over 400 pound frame. I know Rock is popular but...

But I'm full of shit. Rock obviously takes this one. One Man Gang actually did have a decent run in the UWF but of course he didn't achieve anywhere near the level of success of The Rock. Even when he was losing to the bigger names Rock was better than Gang. In the later part of his career Rock started getting more wins over bigger names and One Man Gang would not be a problem for the great one.

This is a squash match for the rock. I don't care how big OMG is The Rock wins this one as soon as the bell rings with a ring shaking rock bottom out of nowhere.

The easiest decision I have had to make in this tournament so far.

The Rock is better than One Man Gang in every possible way. Noone can disagree with that.

A squash win for The Brahma Bull after a 2 minute match and a Rock Bottom.

Guys, this match is in London. One Man Gang is undefeated in London and has achieved legendary status. Rock wouldn't be able to handle his over 400 pound frame. I know Rock is popular but...

But I'm full of shit. Rock obviously takes this one. One Man Gang actually did have a decent run in the UWF but of course he didn't achieve anywhere near the level of success of The Rock. Even when he was losing to the bigger names Rock was better than Gang. In the later part of his career Rock started getting more wins over bigger names and One Man Gang would not be a problem for the great one.

Actually OMG never won in London. He was there at three house shows and put over Jim Duggan, Jake Roberts and Hercules.

1 08.09.1990 World Wrestling Entertainment Jim Duggan beats Akeem
WWF House Show @ London Gardens in London, Ontario, Canada
House Show
2 21.06.1990 World Wrestling Entertainment Hercules beats Akeem
House Show
3 28.02.1988 World Wrestling Entertainment Jake Roberts beats The One Man Gang
House Show

Actually this Match should be a no contest because this match would never be on the card. If it would easy win for the great one.

This would take a good deal out of The Rock, but he'd win.

The One Man Gang would dominate Rock for ten or so minutes, Rock would make a comeback, Gang would take over again, and BOOM, Rock Bottom. That's how I see it playing out. Either way, Rock doesn't lose in the first round of a tournament like this, and most certainly not to The One Man Gang.

Rock wins.

Actually OMG never won in London. He was there at three house shows and put over Jim Duggan, Jake Roberts and Hercules.

1 08.09.1990 World Wrestling Entertainment Jim Duggan beats Akeem
House Show
2 21.06.1990 World Wrestling Entertainment Hercules beats Akeem
House Show
3 28.02.1988 World Wrestling Entertainment Jake Roberts beats The One Man Gang
House Show

Actually this Match should be a no contest because this match would never be on the card. If it would easy win for the great one.

Go back and read my post again. The first part was obviously a joke. I know sarcasm sometimes doesn't translate well but I was clear that I was full of shit with the first part of my post. I'm sorry you wasted your time looking up house show results from over twenty years ago to prove me wrong when you could have just read a little bit further to find out I was joking. Of course it's an easy win for the great one. He's infinitely more successful than OMG. But then again I already said that.

First off, Rock takes this easily. As close to a squash match as any of the other matches (Vince v. Taker aside).

But the real debate is about why Rocky is a #1 seed. He should definitely be in the top 5 seeds, but #1 is way too high. I know everyone was sucking the People's Strudel in the lead-up to WM but for fuck's sake, talk about overstated value.

Rock wins this, but he will not win the tournament.

I actually like Akeem The African Dream in a "I can't believe anyone ever thought this was ok" fashion. But let's be serious he was at best a stumbling block for a big face on his way to the top, and so there can be no doubt of the outcome here. The Rock would take a pasting before finally getting a decisive win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back