ECW Region, Third Round, Street Fight: (1) John Cena vs. (9) Terry Funk

Who wins this match?

• John Cena

• Terry Funk

Results are only viewable after voting.
My best argument for Funk being able to use his hardcore prowess and ECW Hall of Fame pedigree to overcome Cena was the "RVD at ONS" argument. But when I reconciled to the fact that this match specifically dictates no outside interference with the fact that that win took an Edge run-in to attack Cena, and a Heyman run-in to count the three, then I end up coming back to Cena being Cena and finding a way to pull this out.

Cena would be bloody in a very non-PG way. And he would be battered, just as he was against Brock last year, but he'd get the victory and advance.

Yes Cena has lost in his share of big matches as some pointed out, but Funk has also lost plenty of big matches in Hardcore environments against comparable legends, most notably the "I Quit" match to Flair at Clash IX and the King of the Deathmatch final with Foley. He also lost a world title match to Hogan in the mid-80s, which obviously wasn't a street fight, but mid-80s Hogan is perhaps one of the top comparables for a prime Cena.

I hate to pick Cena against Funk in these circumstances, but I feel that is the most likely booking decision were this to go down.

But here's the thing, that was against career midcarder RVD who could never ever be compared in the brutality stakes with Funk. RVD might have needed help but with everything on his side a proven wrestler with off the charts sadism will not. Terry Funk is the place where Ric Flair meets Mick Foley and he is fighting his match in his backyard.

Vote Funk because everything about this match says that he will win!

Ye gotta go with Cena. I mean people have been in some rancid shit, and brutal matches and I have Cena's Extreme Rules match from last year replaying in my head.

People might say, oh it was a returning Brock and shit. The man had a run as the MMA heavyweight champ. He was more brutal with those forearm shots and submissions. The stips completely favored him and yet, SuperCena...

Cena for me.

If RVD can beat Cena in a watered down ECW, then Funk certainly can. I wouldn't have given him much chance in any other situation but here? Funk straight up beats Cena to a bloody pulp

This round, there are no easy matches. Sometimes the gimmick lends a hand, which made half of these first polls easy. Warrior over Savage, Sammartino over Jericho. This is hard, Punk Vs HBK is harder.

That said - i've read everyone's posts and I havn't swayed one bit from Cena. I agree, this is Funk's environment, but Cena's shown he can hang too. Yes, Cena has lost No DQ matches to worse, but he usually wins the big matches. A tournament to crown the best of all time that he's never won counts as one of those big matches. Plus, as great as Funk is, he has nowhere near the longevity that Cena has.

I see this going a lot like Foley Vs Orton - it's Foley's playground, Orton gets beaten up but goes over. That's not an argument as Funk>>> old Foley and Cena>>> young Orton, just how I see it going. Cena does great when odds are against and I see no reason he wouldn't excel here. Kayfabe, he probably had RVD beat at ONS too without interference (which there isn't here), which is the most compelling argument I've seen against him.

I love Funker, I just think this is the point his run logically stops. It'd be great though, I don't HATE voting Funk, I just don't think it's the right choice.

But here's the thing, that was against career midcarder RVD who could never ever be compared in the brutality stakes with Funk. RVD might have needed help but with everything on his side a proven wrestler with off the charts sadism will not. Terry Funk is the place where Ric Flair meets Mick Foley and he is fighting his match in his backyard.

Vote Funk because everything about this match says that he will win!

If RVD can beat Cena in a watered down ECW, then Funk certainly can. I wouldn't have given him much chance in any other situation but here? Funk straight up beats Cena to a bloody pulp

Let me put this so you both can get it.

RVD beat Cena because Edge interfered.

Cena wins most matches with this sort of stipulation, unless there is interference. Plus, just because Funk has been in a lot of hardcore matches, doesn't mean he wins them. The first one I think of when I think of Funk, is the I Quit match he lost to Ric Flair at Clash of the Champions IX.

But here's the thing, that was against career midcarder RVD who could never ever be compared in the brutality stakes with Funk. RVD might have needed help but with everything on his side a proven wrestler with off the charts sadism will not.

That "career midcarder" is a 3-time world champion who has beat nearly every top level star of his generation, with a pretty sterling win/loss record for the era.

As for not comparing in the "brutality stakes" he may not have had the flare for ultraviolence, but his accomplishments under the banner of extreme/hardcore rules speak for themselves. He held the ECW TV title for nearly two years, defending at a constant pace with every match being without rules. He was the last WWE hardcore champ, a title he won four times. He also had great results in matches with hardcore stips in the WWE beating a list of world champions that includes Guerrero, Booker, Jericho, Hardy, Christian, Dreamer, Big Show, and Orton amongst others aside from that Cena win. He also holds a Monster's Ball victory over Abyss while in TNA. So his resume doesn't put him as far off of Funk as you want to make it sound. And definitely shows him as a successful No DQ wrestler with vastly more pedigree than your typical "mid-carder".

So recognizing that even RVD needed outside interference to overcome Cena, despite having everything stacked in his favor, does make my point that it would be quite hard to think that Funk wouldn't have the same difficulties.

Trust me I'd like to side with Funk, but it just wouldn't be the right choice.

Very few men beat John Cena clean.

So? This is a street fight. No one is winning clean.

Funk wasn't exactly a career loser, but Cena is one of the most dominant wrestlers the industry has ever seen.

He certainly wasn't as dominant as many guys in the past. Cena best title reign is what? The one that started in 2006 where he held the title for 380 days. Funk's longest reign was the NWA Championship with a 424 day reign.

I can't imagine a scenario where Funk comes out on top, and no, this being ECW shouldn't mean anything.

One guy competes in an era where they stop the match whenever someone starts bleeding and head shots are illegal and we are supposed to pretend that isn't relevant vs one of the most hardcore guys the industry has ever seen? People end up voting against wrestlers because they were the heel all the time in this tournament just because how that makes them more likely to lose. Cena is the heel in ECW. This isn't an extreme rules PPV in wwe. If it was I might buy the super Cena mumbo jumbo but Cena literally isn't going to know what hit him.

I voted Funk and here's why

While many like to title Cena the modern day Hogan, he really isn't. Sure he is the face of pro wrestling today, gets the biggest reaction from the fans, sells the most merchandise and the kiddos love him but........ he loses A LOT. Hogan rarely lost. I remember seeing Cena lose to the Miz. Hogan would never lose to the Miz or anyone like the Miz.

I actually like Cena. He entertains me. Unlike others, I like seeing him in the Main Event. But, under today's wrestling landscape, John Cena loses matches when it is appropriate for bigger picture storytelling. Cena losing a street fight to Terry Funk, the Michael Jordan of hardcore wrestling makes sense. Funk fights dirty, Funk wins.

I'm an 80s WWF guy (and a little WCW too). If you talk to people older than me they swear by Funk. I've heard him on a Top Ten of all time list.

So? This is a street fight. No one is winning clean.

He certainly wasn't as dominant as many guys in the past. Cena best title reign is what? The one that started in 2006 where he held the title for 380 days. Funk's longest reign was the NWA Championship with a 424 day reign.

One guy competes in an era where they stop the match whenever someone starts bleeding and head shots are illegal and we are supposed to pretend that isn't relevant vs one of the most hardcore guys the industry has ever seen? People end up voting against wrestlers because they were the heel all the time in this tournament just because how that makes them more likely to lose. Cena is the heel in ECW. This isn't an extreme rules PPV in wwe. If it was I might buy the super Cena mumbo jumbo but Cena literally isn't going to know what hit him.

Ok, but if you're assuming this is "hardcore Funk", then it's actually not even close. Hardcore Funk lost a lot more than he won as he was the aging vet who had to rely on brutality to stay relevant but he mostly served to put over younger guys. Thus, your argument is stupid. Funk might bloody Cena and he might use weapons, but it's nothing Cena hasn't seen before. This is an easier one for Cena that we're making it out to be. It shouldn't even be close.

Any other region and I'd say Cena wins. While Funk is unquestionably a legend who in his prime would give Cena a damn good bashing, Cena has been in some god-damn wars. Not twelve moths ago he faced Brock Lesnar in an Extreme Rules match and came out on top. His I Quit match with JBL, as KB mentioned, was a bloodbath. Then there was that miracle on 34th Street Fight...okay, not so much. My point is, Cena has form in these type of matches, and has had some good results.

But a street fight in ECW? My mind is immediately cast back to One Night Stand 2006, where he lost the title to Rob Van Dam. Now, that said, RVD had help from Edge in that match. Here, there'll be no such interference. But Cena being booked to go over Funk in ECW just doesn't sound right to me in any way. If that were to happen, as the sign said back in 06, the fans well and truly would riot. Not only that, but while Cena may have good form in these matches, Funk is a godfather of them. But then again, is Cena an overall big enough star to overcome all of that?

I could see Cena getting the win here, but for me, there's way too much in Funks favor for me to have that as my choice. Funk, in ECW, in a street fight, beats John Cena in my mind.

Ok, but if you're assuming this is "hardcore Funk", then it's actually not even close. Hardcore Funk lost a lot more than he won as he was the aging vet who had to rely on brutality to stay relevant but he mostly served to put over younger guys. Thus, your argument is stupid. Funk might bloody Cena and he might use weapons, but it's nothing Cena hasn't seen before. This is an easier one for Cena that we're making it out to be. It shouldn't even be close.

This is flawed for many reasons;

1. Terry could brawl, even in his heyday as a technical master. He fought Abdullah the Butcher (oh, and won those matches) plenty of times in the early 80's. Hell, Abdullah is one of Terry's best rivals.

2. I can see a record in ECW of 34-15, a record in FMW of 34-7. Yeah, it's a load of bullcrap to say that Terry Funk lost more than he won.... Because he didn't. Terry Funk was probably one of the most important wrestlers to ECW's success.

3. Someone has yet to explain to me John Cena's losses in hardcore matches. And again, it isn't just Triple H's of the world, it's to the JBL's and Albertp Del Rio's of the world.

Oh, and to Tensai

This is flawed for many reasons;

1. Terry could brawl, even in his heyday as a technical master. He fought Abdullah the Butcher (oh, and won those matches) plenty of times in the early 80's. Hell, Abdullah is one of Terry's best rivals.

2. I can see a record in ECW of 34-15, a record in FMW of 34-7. Yeah, it's a load of bullcrap to say that Terry Funk lost more than he won.... Because he didn't. Terry Funk was probably one of the most important wrestlers to ECW's success.

3. Someone has yet to explain to me John Cena's losses in hardcore matches. And again, it isn't just Triple H's of the world, it's to the JBL's and Albertp Del Rio's of the world.

Oh, and to Tensai

It's a load of bullcrap to look at meaningless matches and count them in any of these arguments. We're talking about a winner take all tournament where one loss means you're out. Your back is against the wall in every match. The last time Funk was in one of those, it was in Japan and he beat lesser guys to get to the finals. There he met Mick Foley, someone who never held a title to that point. Foley won. John Cena isn't Mick Foley, he's much better. There's no way in a tournament like this that Cena is being booked to lose nor is John Cena the man going to let himself lose.

If we're talking about Hardcore Funk, he put over guys like Tommy Dreamer, Mick Foley, and others when they weren't stars. You don't think Cena who is THE star is going over?

This is probably the only match thus far in the tournament where I didn't even think about who I felt was the greater pro wrestler, when considering who to vote for in a match. When I saw that this match was taking place, I merely envisioned the match and who I could see winning. I guess that's how many people thus far have voted in the tournament, whereas for the most part I've been going with who I felt was a greater wrestler. But that thought process never entered my mind with this match.

This would be one helluva match to watch. Terry Funk is one of the all-time great. A top 25 wrestler in the entire history of pro wrestling, easily. But John Cena has proven time and time again that he can have great, classic matches in any kind of hardcore format (street fight, Last Man Standing, TLC, etc.).

When it really comes down to it, when I envisioned this match in my head, I didn't even have to really think about it. I instantly saw Cena winning. This is the kind of match where Terry Funk would have a five star classic with Cena, before ultimately doing the honors and putting him over. I just don't see Terry Funk getting the win. Cena would take it.

I'd probably say that Terry Funk is a greater overall wrestler than John Cena (though it's close. I think Cena has earned a spot in the top 30 of all time, all time meaning, the entire history of pro wrestling, not just the modern WWE era), but when it comes down to it, I just don't see Terry Funk getting the win here.

So I voted for John Cena.

That "career midcarder" is a 3-time world champion who has beat nearly every top level star of his generation, with a pretty sterling win/loss record for the era.

As for not comparing in the "brutality stakes" he may not have had the flare for ultraviolence, but his accomplishments under the banner of extreme/hardcore rules speak for themselves. He held the ECW TV title for nearly two years, defending at a constant pace with every match being without rules. He was the last WWE hardcore champ, a title he won four times. He also had great results in matches with hardcore stips in the WWE beating a list of world champions that includes Guerrero, Booker, Jericho, Hardy, Christian, Dreamer, Big Show, and Orton amongst others aside from that Cena win. He also holds a Monster's Ball victory over Abyss while in TNA. So his resume doesn't put him as far off of Funk as you want to make it sound. And definitely shows him as a successful No DQ wrestler with vastly more pedigree than your typical "mid-carder".

So recognizing that even RVD needed outside interference to overcome Cena, despite having everything stacked in his favor, does make my point that it would be quite hard to think that Funk wouldn't have the same difficulties.

Trust me I'd like to side with Funk, but it just wouldn't be the right choice.

RVD's three title reigns:
Winning WWe title from Cena... held it for 3 weeks before getting dumped back to the midcard.
WWeCW title... created for RVD (ie, he didn't win it), held for 3 weeks.
TNA World Title... I'm a TNA fan but even I would struggle to endorse this reign considering it came at the height of TNA's delusions of grandeur... plus, what happened immediately after this 4 months reign (back to the midcard).
2 year ECW TV Title reign... so he was the holder of the third biggest companies midcard belt for 2 years:shrug:
The last WWe Hardcore Champion... ... ... ... :lmao: Did he win it from Molly Holly?
The only name you've listed in RVD's big name hardcore defeats who is renowned for brutality is Abyss and he loses more Monster's Ball matches than he wins.

Comparing this to a 460 day NWA Title Reign (which means you were regarded as a big enough draw to go from territory to territory as the NWA's number one guy) is, frankly, laughable. Plus Funk was more brutal than ECW before there was an ECW. Funk was good enough in his prime to give Cena all he could handle in a straight match, throwing in that he can brutalise Cena until his (black) heart's content gives him the decided (and deciding) advantage.

It's a load of bullcrap to look at meaningless matches and count them in any of these arguments. We're talking about a winner take all tournament where one loss means you're out. Your back is against the wall in every match. The last time Funk was in one of those, it was in Japan and he beat lesser guys to get to the finals. There he met Mick Foley, someone who never held a title to that point. Foley won. John Cena isn't Mick Foley, he's much better. There's no way in a tournament like this that Cena is being booked to lose nor is John Cena the man going to let himself lose.

If we're talking about Hardcore Funk, he put over guys like Tommy Dreamer, Mick Foley, and others when they weren't stars. You don't think Cena who is THE star is going over?

Hold on, which argument are you putting forward here? That Funk will put Cena over or that Cena will win because it is a knockout tournament? One does not support the other - if this is to establish the best, then Funk sure as hell will not want to put someone over (who doesn't NEED put over) in a venue and a style that suits him better. Again Funk was 'Hardcore' before ECW existed so don't try and play the "he was really old before he knew how to hurt people" argument. Oh and Terry was a big enough star to be used to promote the NWA World Title across the territories when he was champion for 15 months!

So the stipulation favours Funk; the venue favours Funk; HISTORY favours Funk! Despite comments to the contrary, Cena doesn't always overcome insurmountable odds - he lost to RVD in this style of match and arena, he lost to CM Punk in this city due to his own stupidity and he lost to the Rock at WrestleMania due to his own stupidity.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and has feathers like a duck... chances are it's a duck. Everything about this match says Funk... so vote Funk!

It's a load of bullcrap to look at meaningless matches and count them in any of these arguments.

Sure you believe that? You just attempted to trivialize Terry Funk's entire career to a not particularly high profile tournament that occurred when he was 51. He faced a 31 year old guy that is maybe considered the greatest hardcore wrestler of all-time. In his 3rd deathmatch of the night, including stuff that Cena definitely hasnt seen in the ring, Funk went around 15 minutes with THE hardcore legend in his physical prime in a deathmatch that had exploding barbed wire, barbed wire ropes and exploding ring. The high spot of that match was supposed to be Funk getting blown up in the ring and still kicking out before 3.
If he can do this vs Foley in his 50s, I think he will be just fine against Cena when we start doing intelligent things like considering the rest of his career and remembering this match is not a PG hardcore one.

I went into this thinking Cena had this one in the bag easily but now i'm not so sure. This is the ECW region and he is taking on Terry Funk who will go to hell and back to get the win.

I'm leaning towards voting Funk because while Cena has beaten some of the best in their own match I just don't think he pulls off the victory over Funk in ECW. The fans would HATE Cena here and that lead to him losing to RVD at One Night Stand and losing to Punk at Money In The Bank.

Then again with the crowd hating him he beat Triple H at Wrestlemania 22 and beat Edge at whatever PPV their TLC Match in Toronto happened to be at.

This one may go either way but i'm gonna vote Funk in an upset after he takes everything Cena can throw at him including the kitchen sink.

While Funk is the Hardcore Legend, I'm going with Cena'. He's been in every type of No DQ/Hardcore match possible, against all types of wrestlers (technicians, high-flyers, powerhouses, brawlers, etc) and has came out the winner.

Yes RVD and Punk both beat Cena, but both of those matches had interference that hurt Cena (Edge, McMahon/Laurinitis). And there was no interference in the match Cena won with the crowd hating him. So with no interference, the crowd doesn't seem like it would hurt Cena.

Cena has gone over some greats in their favorite matches. It can happen again. No interference, no crowd effect, no win for Funk.

Sure you believe that? You just attempted to trivialize Terry Funk's entire career to a not particularly high profile tournament that occurred when he was 51. He faced a 31 year old guy that is maybe considered the greatest hardcore wrestler of all-time. In his 3rd deathmatch of the night, including stuff that Cena definitely hasnt seen in the ring, Funk went around 15 minutes with THE hardcore legend in his physical prime in a deathmatch that had exploding barbed wire, barbed wire ropes and exploding ring. The high spot of that match was supposed to be Funk getting blown up in the ring and still kicking out before 3.
If he can do this vs Foley in his 50s, I think he will be just fine against Cena when we start doing intelligent things like considering the rest of his career and remembering this match is not a PG hardcore one.

You trivialize yourself by being stupid. Making the PG comment is stupid considering Cena was at his best BEFORE WWE went PG. That's when he had the 380 day reign that was ended due to injury, not anyone beating him, and when he was taking down brutal monsters left and right in bloody affairs. Why we're supposed to listen to your ignorant TNA crap of "WWE isn't the hardcorez enough!" as an argument is stupid.

I'd hope that the fact that you support someone in this tournament is reason enough for people to vote the other way. But since that's not always the case and people haven't caught on to that fully yet, lets make it clearer. I used the argument I used because the only argument people have here is that Funk is HARDCORE. Oh, and he was NWA champion. The problem is, IT CANT BE BOTH. When he was NWA champion, he was a mat wrestler who could brawl. Something like Harley Race except that Race beat Funk for the title and Funk never came near it again. True main eventers would sniff the title again, no?

So if Harley Race is clearly better than Funk, lets modernize it. Triple H is always compared to Race and how did he do again Cena on a big stage? Right, he tapped out at Mania. So that's "great Funk". Now lets look at Hardcore Funk.

When "great Funk" the NWA title guy's star started fading, he became more hardcore. So hardcore that he had a legendary feud with Ric Flair. You remember Ric Flair, the guy who lost his title more than any in history.......but not to Funk. In fact, they had an I quit match where Funk yelled and screamed and quit like a little bitch. When the match got tough, he ducked out. He can dish it, but cant' take it better than skinny ass Ric Flair? And this is the man that's going to take out John Cena?

You're going to use the argument of his age, but when we talk TNA you'll say how age doesn't matter because it's about draw right? That's why Sting, who is older than Funk was in the early 90's is still beating people right? You can't have your cake and eat it too. People are using this Funk as reason to justify beating Cena. I'm saying this Funk lost big matches and even some not so little ones. So the brutal Funk was good enough to draw, but he always lost the big ones. This is a big one.

Either way you want it, Cena wins. Funk was a star in the 70's but Cena is THE star of today. Funk went hardcore when his star faded, Cena has withstood more than his share in that world. I've heard people argue Ric Flair in a setting like this. John Cena is tougher than Ric Flair and it's not close. Cena wins here and wins big.

You know, I've grown weary of this Punk-RVD, so at least for me, I'll drop it.

What about JBL?

What about Del Rio?

What about the Miz?

What about Tensai?

None of you seem to get my point, that while Cena does win, he has a habit of losing to lesser talent. This is what separates Hogan from Cena; Cena is far more prone to do the job. And granted, he had more shows to wrestle on, but evidence shows Cena loses to lesser talent.

The closest possible thing to compare what this match will be like with Terry Funk is probably the New York Brawl with JBL. Except, Funk's more sadistic, and is flat out better.

The problem is, IT CANT BE BOTH.

Why? Those are both things Funk did in his career. To intentionally ignore a big part of a wrestlers career in a who is the greatest tournament seems absurd.

You seem content to depend on silly ideas like this and me being a TNA fan having some relevance I am still not clear on. That and your blatant lies about the amount Funk has won and the types of hardcore elements Cena has been exposed to. I am not saying WWE isn't hardcore enough. I am saying there is clear difference in what hardcore means in WWE during Cena's time on top and what it meant in ECW. If Funk wraps himself in barbed wire is Cena really going to put one off his finishing moves on Funk?

Even if we subscribed to your warped logic why wouldn't a dominant NWA champ that was a renowned brawler be great in a street fight? These weren't different guys. His hardcore success was a natural extension of the abilities he already had.

I'll take it a step further; the level of hardcore in ECW is vastly different from the hardcore in FMW

This notion that you have to pick the technical Funk and the brawler Funk is asinine. Especially when you consider:

1. Funk was having a bloody feud with Abdullah in the late seventies. It's not like he didn't brawl

2. Terry Funk handpicked Bret Hart, to have a technical match for his "retirement" in 1997.

So there's that

I really think that some people are just remembering Funk from his run in WWE\F & forgetting (or are clueless) to what he did elsewhere.

Funk can go in a technical match & a hardcore environment. He is bat shit crazy & would not be scared to do whatever it took to beat Cena. He should win this one. This is one of those times that the stipulation works against the higher seed.

Dont just vote for Cena 'because its Cena'

Vote for Funk because he would leave Cena in a pool of his own blood & win the match.

Why? Those are both things Funk did in his career. To intentionally ignore a big part of a wrestlers career in a who is the greatest tournament seems absurd.

You seem content to depend on silly ideas like this and me being a TNA fan having some relevance I am still not clear on. That and your blatant lies about the amount Funk has won and the types of hardcore elements Cena has been exposed to. I am not saying WWE isn't hardcore enough. I am saying there is clear difference in what hardcore means in WWE during Cena's time on top and what it meant in ECW. If Funk wraps himself in barbed wire is Cena really going to put one off his finishing moves on Funk?

Even if we subscribed to your warped logic why wouldn't a dominant NWA champ that was a renowned brawler be great in a street fight? These weren't different guys. His hardcore success was a natural extension of the abilities he already had.

Considering I showed that regardless of which Funk you put in there, he still loses, it's irrelevant. However, the point is that in the history of this tournament, we've said that you have to pick which version of the person is in the match. Essentially, we have to pretend this match is taking place so it's either a younger Funk who is a mat guy with a bit of brawling, or a Hardcore guy that's 50. He wasn't the Hardcore guy in the 70's and when he is Hardcore guy, he IS 50. You can't have a 30 year old Hardcore guy because he doesn't really exist.

I'm sure Funk would do fine in a street fight. Good even. Cena is elite though and one of the best fighters of all time. Good isn't good enough to beat Cena.

Oh, and for Oscar's whatever, this is a big stage. Don't argue minor losses on Raw or minor Pay Per Views with different stipulations. It's an era where top guys have to lose more because they are seen so much more and that kind of argument is silly. You have to talk about when it matters. The feud ending matches, the Wrestlemanias, that sort of thing. If you're talking small matches, Funk lost plenty to shitty ECW guys that have meant a lot less to the wrestling business than Del Rio, Miz, and Tensai so you aren't doing yourself favors there. We have to talk about feud enders and when that happens, Cena wins. Wade Barrett mentally and physically drained Cena for months with his group but when Cena finally got him 1 on 1, he kicked his ass. Funk gets Cena 1 on 1. Cena even this year beat an insane Brock Lesnar who, though he wouldn't light tables on fire, is a lot scarier to get in a ring with than Funk ever was.

There's just no way any version of Funk is better than any version of Cena and it's not like Cena is some wimp that can't do a street fight. He's done them plenty and had success in them. Again though, Ric Flair made Funk scream "I quit!!!!" like a bitch. You really don't think John Cena would do the same and in quicker and more destructive fashion?

You know, I've grown weary of this Punk-RVD, so at least for me, I'll drop it.

What about JBL?

What about Del Rio?

What about the Miz?

What about Tensai?

None of you seem to get my point, that while Cena does win, he has a habit of losing to lesser talent. This is what separates Hogan from Cena; Cena is far more prone to do the job. And granted, he had more shows to wrestle on, but evidence shows Cena loses to lesser talent.

You just write off the fact that he wrestles more matches as if it's nothing. When you're wrestling 30+ televised matches a year, you're going to have to lose some. Cena doesn't have the luxury of wrestling on TV 4-10 times a year like Hogan and his contemporaries did.

Of course Cena loses to lesser talent. There is nobody better than John Cena right now, everyone is a lesser talent.

The closest possible thing to compare what this match will be like with Terry Funk is probably the New York Brawl with JBL. Except, Funk's more sadistic, and is flat out better.

How long ago was that match? And how would a match that happened years ago be indicative of what will happen in this one when you just saw him beat Brock fucking Lesnar in the same kind of match not one year ago? Sure you could argue that Funk is more sadistic than Lesnar, but he isn't going to have the power advantage that Lesnar did so when is he ever going to have the chance to do all of these sadistic things when he's getting pummeled by someone much stronger than he's ever faced before?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back