Who wins this match up?

• Eve Torres

• Aja Kong

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernkastel

Reaper of Miracles
This is a first round match in the European region. It is standard wrestling match. It will be held at the Bercy Arena in Paris, France.

viewmultimediadocument

Eve-Torres-WWE-Divas-Champ.jpg

#6 Eve Torres

VS.

01.jpg

#11 Aja Kong

There will be 1 day of discussion before the poll opens. It will remain open for 2 days. Spam rules will apply. In case of a tie the winner will be decided based upon how many people have made a case for them in the discussion thread. One per each poster.

Who wins the match up?

Where I gave my vote to Daffney over Bull (partially) on the grounds of feeling she was underrated, I'm going to give the nod to Aja over Eve because I think Eve Torres is incredibly overrated.

A three time Divas' Champion in the 5 minute toilet break era? Looks > ability and personality? No thanks, I'll take the Japanese legend with 5 star matches and drawing power.

I was never a big fan of Eve, I heard of Aja Kong, the only time I ever saw her wrestle was the '95 Survivor Series and just from that I would put her over Eve Torres in a heartbeat. When I do a quick google search on Aja Kong and considering her number of 5 star matches, drawing power in Japan and overall influence its pretty damn apparent that Eve has no business whatsoever beating Aja Kong.

Considering Aja could draw more of a crowd taking a shit than Eve could draw wrestling in bra and panties and could probably win the match spending the whole time on that same toilet I gotta go with Aja.

Welp Eve's gonna die. That's pretty much all that's gonna happen. For reasons why everyone insists on pushing Vader ever year I'm going to push Aja Kong. She's a huge, brutal, stiff, monster of a woman that delights in hurting people...

And Eve Torres isn't exactly Rener Gracie. If she were I'd be more inclined to vote for her. I think she has a blue belt but whatever. Point is that Aja Kong was a great worker that played her role well. Eve kinda sorta, well... didn't do that. She was great as a face champion but I never took her seriously as a heel.

Also I think multiple reigns with the WWWA, AJW, and Queen of ARISON titles clocking in an impressive 1,550+ days as a champion in promotions that actually made allot of money in that era trumps 3 reigns with the Divas title when the WWE women's division as a whole was not as good 5 years prior.

So yeah, Kong FTW.

Joshi Madness Running Wild in the European Region.

Aja, a heavily decorated Joshi, is even perfect in her short WWE showcase from 1995, reigning as sole survivor of the '95 Survivor Series women's showcase beating a stacked opposing team, and also sporting two wins at the following night's Raw taping.

She too is a WON Hall of Famer.

Decorated AJW champion in the 90s and chief rival to the likes of Bull Nakano and Manami Toyota versus decorated holder of a butterfly belt in the WWE's PG era and cheif rival to the likes of Kaitlyn and Kelly Kelly. Seems like a toughy.

I'm going for Aja Kong.

Eve Torres has no business in a competition like this. Aja Kong being seeded low is a God-damned disgrace. One half of the Amazing Kongs with the legendary Awesome Kong, they tore apart Japan for years. And, if VKM did not have a major case of the stupid, he could have had a women's division worthy of a PPV on its own: Ripper, Nakano, Kong and Madusa would have been the foundation. This is so one sided that if Aja was kind, she would have purchased a coffin for Eve. However, in reality, when this match is over, the folks at WrestleZone will go to the smoke shop, and ask for an empty cigar box to place Eve's remains in. This will be a massacre of epic proportions. Kong will obliterate Torres.

Eve Torres wrestled in the era of shitty wrestling, the era where John Cena permanently resided in our oesophagus, there were no young future stars, the divas were all models that had 2 minute matches which they won via roll-up, the era when it was somewhere between awkward and shameful to declare yourself a wrestling fan... In that era, Eve Torres had a Moonsault as finisher, which she regularly used. Her backstage segments sucked, but she was better than the majority. Her Divas title win also had a long-time-coming feel. So I'm voting for Eve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back