Ex Ecw

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hitman

Dark Match Jobber
Hey, does anybody know the current situation of ex ECW stars, as i thought WWE would of invested more into getting alot of them in. Such as :

Rhino
Raven
Juventud Guerrera
Mike Awesome
Lance Storm
D-von Dudley
Bubba Ray Dudley
Spike Dudley
Shane Douglas
Terry Funk
Tajiri
Chris Jericho
Perry Saturn
Jerry Lynn
Masato Tanaka
New Jack

To Name A Few, do you think we will see any of these in the future ? i thought wwe would of signed up alot of these wrestlers due to the fact alot of them represent what ecw was. i know alot of them work for tna etc, but im not sure if they are contracted ? and others who are currently out of wrestling, surely would welcome a return ! the wrestlers we saw at one night stand, should all be involved!

Also, looking at the current roster of ECW, we arent really getting to see Mahoney, Anderson or Funk ? why!

The Hitman said:
Hey, does anybody know the current situation of ex ECW stars, as i thought WWE would of invested more into getting alot of them in. Such as :

Rhino
Raven
Juventud Guerrera
Mike Awesome
Lance Storm
D-von Dudley
Bubba Ray Dudley
Spike Dudley
Shane Douglas
Terry Funk
Tajiri
Chris Jericho
Perry Saturn
Jerry Lynn
Masato Tanaka
New Jack

To Name A Few, do you think we will see any of these in the future ? i thought wwe would of signed up alot of these wrestlers due to the fact alot of them represent what ecw was. i know alot of them work for tna etc, but im not sure if they are contracted ? and others who are currently out of wrestling, surely would welcome a return ! the wrestlers we saw at one night stand, should all be involved!

Also, looking at the current roster of ECW, we arent really getting to see Mahoney, Anderson or Funk ? why!
Most of those guys are in TNA. Jericho is supposedly retired. I thought Juvi was with WWE, but I haven't seen him with the Mexicools in a minute. Storm is running a school and spending time with his family, but I don't know if he may not do limited stuff with ECW. Funk is not gonna be full time. Tanaka is involved with another promotion, but may do limited things. I don't know about Saturn, Tajiri, New Jack or Awesome. Tajiri did ask to be let go a while ago, I believe.

The Hitman said:

Rhino
Raven
Juventud Guerrera
Mike Awesome
Lance Storm
D-von Dudley
Bubba Ray Dudley
Spike Dudley
Shane Douglas
Terry Funk
Tajiri
Chris Jericho
Perry Saturn
Jerry Lynn
Masato Tanaka
New Jack

Rhino-TNA
Raven-TNA
Juventud Guerrera-Fired from WWE, dont know where he is now
Mike Awesome-Retired
Lance Storm-Wont work fulltime, partially retired with family
D-von Dudley-TNA
Bubba Ray Dudley-TNA
Spike Dudley-TNA
Shane Douglas-TNA
Terry Funk-Working partime with ECW
Tajiri-Working in Japan
Chris Jericho-Time off with Band (Fozzy)
Perry Saturn-Retired
Jerry Lynn-TNA
Masato Tanaka-Working in Japan
New Jack-Working the Independant Circuit

The Masked Vato said:
I thought Juvi was with WWE, but I haven't seen him with the Mexicools in a minute.

Supposedly Juvi was very conceited and difficult to get along with to the point where Psicosis and Super Crazy asked to be distanced from him. That, along with a match with Kid Kash that ran well over the allotted time, led to his release from the company.

I know most of those are in tna.Lance storm doesnt want to work he wants to be with his family.Chris jericho is busy with his music career.

The Hitman said:

Rhino
Raven
Juventud Guerrera
Mike Awesome
Lance Storm
D-von Dudley
Bubba Ray Dudley
Spike Dudley
Shane Douglas
Terry Funk
Tajiri
Chris Jericho
Perry Saturn
Jerry Lynn
Masato Tanaka
New Jack

Rhino, Raven, The Dudleys, Shane Douglas, and Jerry Lynn are all with TNA in some capacity (Douglas and Lynn are currently in non-wrestling roles). From what I understand, all wrestled in WWE at one time and pretty much all of them left on bad terms with the company - supposedly, McMahon showed his ugly tyrannical side to all of them. Mike Awesome, Lance Storm and Perry Saturn all retired from wrestling, although I hear Storm is trying to launch a comeback. Chris Jericho and Tajiri have taken sabbaticals from the ring, Masato Tanaka still wrestles in Japan, and although I would love to see New Jack in ECW, his checkered past makes him a risky proposition. Only Terry Funk is under contract with ECW currently (as a part-timer).

The Hitman said:
Funk is doing the part time thing probably because of his age. Mahoney and Anderson, sadly, seem like they were brought in to be used as jobbers to this "new breed unleashed" that ECW seems to be touting. If Mike Knox is one of the best that this group has to offer, then I'm not optimistic - he's your standard big guy, with a standard big guy moveset and he seems pretty weak on the mic.

You can wiki these guys.

Awesome will return if the price is right.

During February Awesome announced his retirement from wrestling so that he could concentrate on spending time with his family and selling real estate. Awesome added that he would only wrestle "if the money was right," and added that he felt that he was underpaid for his performance at ECW One Night Stand 2005, due to the fact that Awesome felt that his match with Masato Tanaka stole the show. Additionally, Awesome had blown out his knee during the match.

Yea ive been looking

Rhino - 2 More Years Contracted With TNA
Dudleys - Contracted with TNA For Years

so some of the biggest ECW not coming. how gay. WWE could of snapped up rhyno but didnt. that just shows how clever WWE are :/

Rhyno didn't want to come over anyway, and as long as the creative team of the WWE remains the same the Dudleys won't return either

on tna last night rhino said he would never go back to ecw no matter that it was more money that it did not mean nothing to him but i think it was a poor choice tna is going no where and he will be once again out of the tv eye

ThE cErEbRaL aSsAsIn said:
on tna last night rhino said he would never go back to ecw no matter that it was more money that it did not mean nothing to him but i think it was a poor choice tna is going no where and he will be once again out of the tv eye

Whatever you say, WWE mark. I applaud Rhino for his decision. Vinnie Mac thinks he can just kick anybody he wants to the curb and get them to come crawling back on their hands and knees, but Rhino didn't take the bait - good for him. He definitely would have had to change his style of wrestling to the watered-down WWE style (i.e. we wouldn't have seen the Rhino Driver if he went back), and the odds were pretty good that he would have been stuck jobbing to the newcomers just like Justin Credible, Balls Mahoney, Little Guido, etc. He has a much better, much longer future in store for him in TNA. WWE would have handled him very poorly just like they did when he was with the company. It's no secret that WWE pushes the homegrown talent over wrestlers that started out in other organizations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back