Extreme Rules 2014 - WWE Divas Championship: Paige (c) VS Tamina Snuka

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
As a result of winning a lousy Divas battle royal on tonight's episode of Main Event, Tamina will move onto Extreme Rules to challenge Paige for the Divas Championship. According to a report from wrestlinginc.com, a supposed script from last night's Raw leaked out and AJ Lee is listed on the script as "injured." The site doesn't claim that the script is authentic and there hasn't been any other reports online stating that AJ is out injured. However, as AJ was absent from Raw this past Monday, it's possible that she's injured, but it's also possible that AJ is just taking a little time off. As it was reported a few weeks back that AJ & CM Punk are engaged, reports also stated that AJ was planning to move to Chicago soon. If all that's true, then maybe they've given AJ a little time off so she can get said move in order.

At any rate, this should be a pretty decent match. While Paige will almost certainly retain here, it'll be a good opportunity to see more of Paige in the ring. Tamina's solid inside the ring and while she's not much on charisma, she has the in-ring ability to provide a good test for Paige.

After reading this I hope it turns into a triple threat match. Because if it doesn't it seems like WWE really is punishing AJ for her relationship with Punk. As far as we know of she is not injured and even if injured she should make an appearance. Give her a week off to deal with her moving to Chicago and have her invoke her rematch clause at Extreme Rules .

Anyways Paige should not lose on her first title defense..... So paige retains

Paige is obviously retaining here unless if they solely set up the initial title change for the shock value and/or to set up the AJ/Tamina break up. But I doubt that's the case. This is pretty much another opportunity for the crowd to warm up to Paige. I see this as the match that causes the break up between Tamina and AJ. I don't know exactly how it'll happen nor do I care but it feels that way.

In terms of the match, I expect this to go about five minutes with Tamina dominating Paige for most of the match. In terms of quality, I expect this to be somewhere between "eh" and "decent" since I find both to be rather unimpressive given the massive praise they're given by most of the IWC.

Makes sense. I don't see Paige holding the belt for long. She was given it just as a post-Mania surprise. I expect A.J. to recapture it soon purely for the purpose of dropping it to a Bella or maybe so she herself can become involved in a feud with Tamina.

I think Paige will retain, if for no other reason than it's too early in her tenure for her to lose. Even as I agree it was time for AJ to drop the belt, I figure they must have had some reason for making Paige champion over all the other divas (and I do wonder what the others think of this.....it used to be all the divas got a chance at holding the title for a short time......a concept that vanished with the emergence of AJ).

But Paige is here, and there's something compelling about her even though she's green as grass.

Then there's Tamina; big, competent and useful, but those qualities hardly make her championship material. For a diva, she's not a bad ring technician and might be the best one to lead an inexperienced wrestler to a decent match.

In the days before AJ, I would have said every diva championship match was 50-50 because the company didn't really attach much importance to who wore the belt; as I said, they all seemed to take turns. Hopefully, the influence of AJ changed that, forcing the company to want some continuity in a title reign....and if this is so, it's too early for Paige to lose......so she doesn't.

Paige will win. She has definitely impressed in NXT and is already better than 95% of the Divas on the roster. They are teaching them right in NXT. Long term they must be thinking if a Divas match can move the needle. Trish/Lita could and, with Total Divas, they have a different type of attention on the division.

Tamina is a good choice for her first title defence. Eventually AJ will return and their feud can be entertaining. AJ v Paige has serious potential and it is only a matter of time before they have a proper match.

Paige is already a better worker than most of the Divas and has a unique quality to her. Personally I'd have chosen Nattie for this match as she has the experience and could really help Paige showcase how good she is, Tamina is ok but not great and I'm not sure how this pans out quality-wise but Paige will win.

I'm sure the Bellas aren't happy that one of them didn't get to dethrone AJ Paige will need to keep her head down as those two and Nattie came off as bitter of AJ and Summer Rae, y'know the women that are actually over, in the various interviews I saw promoting Mania, Nikki Bella saying that Summer Rae was no Kelly Kelly was a gloriously unintentional compliment. :lmao:

I'd have Paige beat all the same Divas that AJ beat over the next few months setting up Paige vs AJ at Summerslam.

I don't watch NXT, but I'm loving what I see from Paige so far. She's a breath of fresh air with a unique look, and Paige should retain at Extreme Rules. With AJ gone for whatever reason, I don't see the point in having Paige win, and drop the title on her first pay per view.

Tamina is a logical choice. She's AJ's bodyguard, so there's a story to build on, and Tamina is an short list of Divas, who can wrestle a competent match.

I agree with everyone else, and I really like Paige as she seems different than the rest. She has a unique look, and looks like she has a lot of talent. Again, it is probably too early for her to lose, and when she does lose I see it being to AJ. Paige retains.

Why do people like Paige so much? If it's because of what she accomplished in another promotion then LOL at that nonsense. From the 2 matches that I've seen out of her she looks to be pretty shit. I was more impressed with Alisha Fox in her follow up than I was with Paige. And Fox is garbage. Paige is green and I expect this match to reflect that no matter who her opponent may be.

And like others have suggested I expect her to likely be a transitional champion. I don't expect her to still be champ past this next cycle following ER.

I suspect Paige will win this one, probably clean. With AJ out for a little while, and Tamina having the charisma of Lance Storm, there's no one else really that can hold the title.

Paige has to get better, and very fucking quickly. Right now, her matches resemble a REALLY poorly choreographed backyard trampoline match on Youtube, and that's being generous to her.

But let's be honest, this is probably the match that will follow Bray and Cena so that the crowd can refill their beers and that the at home audience can go take a piss and refill their beers.

I'm not looking forward to this match at all. Tamina Snuka will dominate Paige for 95% of the match, but will still end up losing after a couple of clotheslines, a (horrendous) dropkick, and one of Paige's finishing maneuvers. Paige needs a chance to showcase her talent. I'm tired of this whole "underdog" storyline. Why does Paige have to keep holding back?

I'm excited for this match, I haven't been with a lot of time lately and I haven't been watching Raw for the last couple of months, so I'm really intrigued as far how Paige is in the ring. The same can be said for Tamina, she has been with AJ for a long time, but I haven't seen Tamina as a real wrestler.

I really doubt that Paige is going to lose the title so soon, let's hope it's a good match and a new era for the women division that actually has talent besides AJ.

Paige is the one bright spot in the Divas division to me, she's got a unique persona and almost a Lita-esqe connection and Lita is a goddess to me. I'm hoping they let her keep the title atleast a little longer but she's definitely made an impact already and people have gravitated toward her.

Tamina is the logical choice here with AJ being out of action and Tamina being her muscle and ally. Should be a solid match for Divas, I think Snuka's size will compliment Paige's move set well and I'd like to see her do her submission here, they'd be impressive. I think she'll drop the title relatively soon but not quite yet, not here.

20140414_ER_MATCHES_LIGHT_HP_divas.jpg

This won't be too bad. Paige should be able to get a decent match out of Tamina, who has improved a lot since before she began working with AJ as her bodyguard. It makes sense for Tamina to get the title shot with AJ being inactive for a bit, given how long she was in AJ's corner during her title reign. Paige needs to retain here. After having followed AJ and Kaitlyn, two of the best champions the belt has ever had, Paige needs a lengthy reign of her own. No one deserves that more than her, she is very talented in the ring. There are VERY few girls on the roster who should even be considered to end Paige's reign, and Tamina is not one of them. This probably goes on toward the end of the evening in between the two biggest matches, right before the main event, to give the fans a chance to relax a bit.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Paige will retain the Divas Championship.

I'm very happy for Paige's main roster debut. I've been following her career since her SHIMMER days and watched her family wrestling documentary, and so I think that I'm fairly emotional about the "Anti-Diva". One thing here is - I'm not alone. She has won over a lot of WWE fans in her NXT run with good matches and a great personality and look and WWE capitalized on that by making her a "wrestler" more so than eye candy (at least for now it seems that way).

There is no real tension between those two gals, the story is already set in stone since Paige's debut and Tamina's #1 contendership victory. Tamina is going to try and avenge her mentor AJ Lee, but she isn't going to do it, because the "money match" is in AJ Lee v. Paige of course.

Tamina's in-ring work isn't really something to brag about. She's getting better, but she's still very much green and rough in some areas. She also needs to lend some of his cousin's charisma so there is absolutely no reason at all to give her the strap. But she's getting there, she just needs more time and a different feud away from the championship, but that ain't happening anytime soon I guess. Would be okay to see her defend Stephanie with The Bella Twins for instance... Paige wins here, that is what matters and I'm expecting a fairly well put match. Both styles can do wonders in a creative standpoint for each.

Why do people like Paige so much? If it's because of what she accomplished in another promotion then LOL at that nonsense. From the 2 matches that I've seen out of her she looks to be pretty shit. I was more impressed with Alisha Fox in her follow up than I was with Paige. And Fox is garbage. Paige is green and I expect this match to reflect that no matter who her opponent may be.

And like others have suggested I expect her to likely be a transitional champion. I don't expect her to still be champ past this next cycle following ER.

Watch NXT, quit sounding stupid Everybody knows that paige is the best diva in the wwe, you can't see her best matches when she has to lose for 7 mins, just to win in one move. Give her some time to show you what she can actually do.

This should be a straight forward win for Paige, it's probably not the ideal opponent for her first PPV outing but I am sure both will work hard to make the most of their time before Paige moves on to someone better.

Sometimes, other opponents' attitudes especially at AJ and Alicia Fox may bring them out of focus and will lose easily.

And sometimes her powerful counterattacks may end the matches easily and Paige is on the win.

Yeah, indeed, Paige wins. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back