Favorite Paranormal Show

I was a pretty big fan of Ghost Hunters for a few years. Watched anxiously every week with my gf. We both have interests in ghosts and the paranormal. And this show seemed to take a legitimate approach to finding evidence for ghosts and other paranormal activities.

Now there are all kinds up of shows trying to cash in on the paranormal phenomenon recently. There's Paranormal State, Paranormal Kids, and even Paranormal pets.

My favorite is by far Ghost Hunters. The two main guys tend to go into each investigation trying to debunk the case first and foremost and then look for evidence of it being for real after wards. This is best approach "scientifically" I feel and all the other shows seem to go into each investigation with debunking being the farthest thing from their minds. Plus the investigators have good personalities and seem to click well with each other. Recently I have kind of become uninterested in these shows but still catch the occasional show.

Do these shows interest you?
If so which one is your favorite and why?

There has always been shows about paranormal. They are just starting to get involved in a reality base now. It has a small niche audience. I like the paranormal, but most of the shows have no interest to me.

Ghost Hunters I am not too big on. It's usually 30 minutes of something might happen. I'd rather watch TLC's "Haunting." That show is actually complete abiet it was probably based on events that never happened. It at least told a story and things actually popped up. I think my liking for that more is mostly due to my love for Horror Movies. As for Ghost Hunters the only episodes I liked were there live specials. It was like you were with them searching those places. The show itself doesn't feel like that.

My favorite paranormal show is X-Files. It's the top notch of all of them that came before and after them, too. The characters and the stories are quite comprehensive. I don't know if you'll feel this counts, because all you mentioned were reality based shows. It's just I can't condone most of that nonsense. You can add Monster Quest to that list. I guess that show doesn't really count, though. They don't try to debunk things really. They just go looking for creatures that probably don't exist with "real" evidence. It gets worse later on in the series when they really start running out creatures that the general public hasn't even heard of.

I love Ghost Hunters, but so many times I am wishing that they would kill the damn creepy background sounds and music done in editing. I want to see if I can hear some things on my own, not just in the reveal. Plus, Kris Williams is hot...

A Haunting is really an awesome show on the Discovery Channel. Even though it is all reenactment, it is well done and gives me chills. My only problem is that haven't been new episodes in about 3 years. I'm pretty sure it's reruns from here on out.

My current favorites are Monster Quest and Destination Truth. Josh is an awesome and funny host on Destination Truth. I love the interactions at foreign airports and that sometimes they look for creatures that I've never heard of.

Monster Quest is really cool. Investigations for Bigfoot, Yeti, Loch Ness Monster etc. But sometimes they do stupid episodes like wild dogs in the U.S.

Ghost Hunters, easily. It's one of the best comedies on TV. The way they can prance around with flashlights and pretend that every single sound is a ghost coming to skull fuck them is just tremendous. And the way they try to play it off as legit only makes it better.

In fact, the only thing that trumps Ghost Hunters is Ghost Hunters Academy. Some fucked up people on that show, let me tell you.

I am a HUGE fan of Ghost Adventures on The Travel Channel. Its got Zak Bagans as the main person, and two of his friends. They get locked in certain places overnight. There have been some CREEPY places they've gone to and seen some absolutely weird things on their cameras. Its not just their enthusiasm I like, they have their own brand of humor, but Zak has this way of trying to provoke spirits, and they go to some places I've never heard of before, but it has some really disturbing history. The technology these guys use is incredible, like the frequency box where it scans various frequencies and can supposedly capture random words from other entities. Some of the places these guys have been to that were ABSOLUTELY creeping me out was the Stanley Hotel, more famously known as the hotel that inspired the Stephen King novel, The Shining. Then there was the Gettysburg episode where they visitied numerous places around the area, and one place was a cellar where a young lady had her mentally ill father hide out, and after she died, he placed her body there. As a memorial, there is a wax carving of her body laying on the bed, and Zak looks like he's mounting the wax figure, and he gets groped on the butt and sternly told "Don't do it." Then the one that did me in on the eerie factor, has to be "Bobby Mackey's Music World" where they visited two different times. It was purported that there had been satan worshippers involved in an incident there many years ago, and they had EVP's of entities cursing out the priest they brought with them, and Zak even got overcome by some 'power' shall we say? Whatever it is, whether you believe it or not, its just a fun way to pass time and you learn something while watching it.

Im going to go way back in time and go with Twin Peaks. It didnt start as your typical paranormal show, but it quickly turned that way. The lead character, the detective, became infinitely weirder as time went on, and the mystery went from being a straight forward murder mystery to a paranormal one fast.

Everything in Twin Peaks seemed stuck in the past. All of the characters at one point or another had unexplained supernatural "encounters" that they couldnt quite explain, but they would black out for hours at a time and not remember what happened. A popular feature of the series was the director's trademark use of repeating and sometimes mysterious motifs. Examples include trees (especially fir and palms), coffee, cherry pie, donuts, owls, logs, ducks, water, and fire. There were numerous references to other films and TV shows, epecifically The Twilight Zone (mysteriously malfunctioning electrical equipment).

Each episode was shot as the happenings were going on in a one day period, so the following episode picked up the next day. There was a cliffhanger at the end of every show, which made the following weeks episode a must see. I think they were before their time in terms of exploring the Supernatural on TV, and the mystery interwoven into it made it all the more fascinating. A great show while it lasted.

Supernatural. it has it all. demons. ghosts. vampires. zombies. the storylines got really deep from season 3 on. heaven vs hell. demons vs angels. God vs Lucifer. the notion that one brother was destined to be the vessel of Michael the Arhangel and fight the other who was destined to be controlled by Lucifer. it took the good vs evil storyline to a deep, dark place. plus how cool is two dudes driving around in a 67 impala hunting and killing ghosts and demons while drinking beer and listening to classic rock?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back