Favorite Wrestling Moves, Holds, Strikes

Razors Edge. Still one of the best.

Kofi's Trouble in Paradise, Kurt's Ankle Lock, F-5, Lion Tamer (the good one where Jericho puts the knee in the back) & Savage's Elbow Drop.

Also am a sucker for a good top rope leg drop. Fandango does a pretty decent one & the move is rarely done anymore.

Razors Edge. Still one of the best.

Kofi's Trouble in Paradise, Kurt's Ankle Lock, F-5, Lion Tamer (the good one where Jericho puts the knee in the back) & Savage's Elbow Drop.

Also am a sucker for a good top rope leg drop. Fandango does a pretty decent one & the move is rarely done anymore.

The mentioning of the top rope leg drop reminded me I should have included it in my original post. One of my favorite top rope maneuvers, Bobby Eatons in particular.

Stone Cold Stunner
Superman Punch
Codebreaker
Phenomenal Forearm
F-5
Very European Uppercut
End of Days
Jackknife Powerbomb
Charlotte's moonsault
High knee/Running knee drop (HHH or Harley Race)
Pedigree

Modern moves...

- Chokeslam
- Tombstone
- Lariooooottoooo
- Spear
- Superkick
- Powerbomb
- Superman Punch
- F5
- Most Backbreaker variants, though I still think Rodrick Strong is as boring as watching paint dry.

Retro moves...

- Almost any suplex variety [B2B, Backdrop, German, Vertical, Saito, Fisherman etc]
- Headlock
- Frank Gotch's spinning toe hold
- Lou Thesz's rolling cross arm breaker
- Dropkick
- Flying Shoulder Tackle
- Double wrist lock
- Piledriver

The Canadian Destroyer and Chaos Theroy by Doug Williams.
Love these moves. Actually forgot about the Chaos Theory, so glad you brought it up.

- Ryback's backpack stunner
-Kane's top rope clothesline
- Orton's middle rope DDT
- Rvd's Rolling Thunder
- Rollin's springboard high knee and the curb stomp/blackout
- Tajiri's tarantula
- Roman Reigns basement dropkick and the superman punch
-Victoria's widows peak
Undertaker
-old school
-apron leg drop
-Hell's gate
-Shawn Michael's sweet chin music- I hate how much the current guys overuse the superkick now. I've only seen one person get even close to hitting the superkick on Michael's level, and he only used it once as an insult to Shawn.

The Canadian Destroyer and Chaos Theroy by Doug Williams.

x2

Booker's Houston Hangover was a rare sight but looked pretty cool.

I do love a good sunset-flip powerbomb. Must hurt like a motherfucker.

I get far too excited when seeing a German or Northern Lights suplex immediately bridged into a pin. Think Angle-Benoit had a few of those spots in their matches and always looked so crisp.

frog splash - RVD, Eddie Guerrero, recently Kevin Owens
The brainbuster - El Generico
Canadian Destroyer - Petey Williams

Top rope leg drop- Pcicosis did an an amazing version
Kid Kash's Moneymaker
Impaler DDT
Raven Effect
Sit out powerbomb
Tower of Doom out of the corner
Dragonrana
AJ's springboard 450 splash
Death Valley Driver
Burning Hammer

I'm a mark for the old "Owen Hart" style spinning heel kick. Xpac and D'Lo Brown did it as well at the same time. Then it disappeared for a decade. Tyler Breeze has a decent one but id like to see it more often

Love these moves. Actually forgot about the Chaos Theory, so glad you brought it up.

- Ryback's backpack stunner
-Kane's top rope clothesline
- Orton's middle rope DDT
- Rvd's Rolling Thunder
- Rollin's springboard high knee and the curb stomp/blackout
- Tajiri's tarantula
- Roman Reigns basement dropkick and the superman punch
-Victoria's widows peak
Undertaker
-old school
-apron leg drop
-Hell's gate
-Shawn Michael's sweet chin music- I hate how much the current guys overuse the superkick now. I've only seen one person get even close to hitting the superkick on Michael's level, and he only used it once as an insult to Shawn.

The rolling German suplex is a site to see. It is a top 5 favorite move for me.

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet but Cody Rhodes' Beautiful Disaster kick.

I'm a mark for the old "Owen Hart" style spinning heel kick. Xpac and D'Lo Brown did it as well at the same time. Then it disappeared for a decade. Tyler Breeze has a decent one but id like to see it more often

Indeed Owen's heel kicks and enziguri were nice. I was a huge Waltman mark as the 123 Kid, Syxx and Xpac. All his kicks, where the bee's knees to me. The spinning heel kick, the spinning jump kick, the three kicks in the corner RVD also used. I could go on and on, he had a sweet top rope leg drop too which someone else mentioned as a favorite.

And honorable mention to the Razor's edge, I took many a Razor's edge from the older brothers.

Барбоса;5477975 said:
Where is Coco to make a "Least Favourite Wrestling Moves, Holds, Strikes" so I can reiterate how diabolically shit the Canadian Destroyer is?

It might be shit but it is an Oh! Shit! style move. Same with the Code Red by Amazing Red. Shit but is an Oh! Shit! style move.

Test's Pumphandle Slam was always very satisfying as he had the ideal size and strength to do it smoothly. Road Dogg's was bullshit.

Sweet Chin Music: no other superkick comes close.

Chaos Theory: Reaction upon first seeing it was "What in the world is he...HOLY SHIT". Such a cool move.

Superman Punch: Smooth execution with a ton of impact. Even better when Roman doesn't spam it to death like a crappy WWE 2K player.

Starship Pain: It's a beautiful sight, especially when Morrison nailed it correctly 1/4 of the time.

Five-Star Frog Splash: The sheer height and distance RVD would get was jaw-dropping at times.

Test's Big Boot: I used to cringe sometimes, it was so brutal. I remember thinking I'd rather take a piledriver than get kicked by Test's redwood-sized legs at 80 mph.

Orton's Over-The-Shoulder Neck Breaker: You know the one, where he lifts guys over his shoulder in what looks like a sort backbreaker only to turn it into a neckbreaker. It's sick.

This thread is woefully bereft of gifs.

K6V38Vr.gif

The final part of the famous Daniel Bryan gauntlet match, where Ryback was sent out to slaughter a broken Daniel Bryan after he'd competed twice, was basically a showcase of all my favourite moves:

hinuJWG.gif

Igy9Hbg.gif

6kUbwMh.gif

WJlMM5B.gif

urGBplU.gif

mGvoFtP.gif

Bonus - the greatest house of fire routine there ever was in the worst quality there ever was:

6ky9qP6.gif

:worship: One of the greats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back