First Round: St. Louis - Tatsumi Fujinami vs. The Rock

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Tatsumi Fujinami

• The Rock

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round matchup in the St. Louis Subregion. The ring and arena are universal throughout the first round and the organization is not a factor. There is a 20 minute time limit. Vote using any criteria you like. Most votes in the poll at the end of the time period wins. In the case of a tie we will go off of the number of written votes. In the case of a second tie, both are eliminated.

ScottradeCenter.jpg

Tatsumi Fujinami

202026.jpg

Vs.

The Rock

the-rock-20070517-257091.jpg

Voting is open for 4 days.

Meh, while I must admit (yes again) I don't know much of Fujinami, I still have my doubts that he had the same impact on wrestling as opposed to what The Rock had going for himself during his time with WWF/E, while Fujinami might be able to wrestle circles around The Rock, we can't deny that he was able to put on some fairly decent matches, and his mic skills is without a shadow of a doubt gonna be a tough one to surpass.

I took the time to look for one of the "top 10 moves of Tatsumi Fujinami" and found one, I don't know if it was truly to be considered the top 10 moves.
Either way, judge yourself
[YOUTUBE]-oIN6KE1wP4[/YOUTUBE]

Is it just me, or is one of the moves a rip off from Bret's Sharpshooter? and afterward we're seeing a figure four leg lock? sure you can say that the rock's top 10 moves are rip offs of someone else who was probably retired by now, or who was still wrestling but considered an innovator, but that kinda bombed it for me, but it's not gonna affect my votings, I would most likely have voted The Rock either way purely from the fact of how incredibly over this guy, while still being able to put on a grueling match.

The Rock wins this one, for the popularity and impact caused by his popularity.

I don't care about the fancy moves that whatever his name can do. No one can convince me that The Rock is not a better pro-wrestle than Tatsumi. He did a lot for the business and entertained like no other. Which is what wrestling is about. Additionally, I can think of many pro-Rock kayfabe arguments.

The Rock could win this whole thing and I wouldn't really bat an eyelash. He's that good. He's 6'5, 275 and as athletic as we've ever seen. His agility and speed for his size can beat anyone meaningful in this tournament. Even Stan Hansen would have a tough time with him.. although I'd still pick Hansen to win it... but enough about that.

The Rock would have a tough contest with Fujinami, but The People's Champion would win this and move on.

Vote for Da Rock./

Got to go with Rock for all the reasons Larait listed above. The Rock was one of the best pro-wrestlers to ever step in the ring. He was athletic and powerful. Easy enough, Rock wins!

I have to give my vote to The Rock. He is 7 time WWE champion, 2 time WCW champion, 2 time Intercontinental champion, a former Royal Rumble Winner, the Sixth Triple crown winner and a 5 time WWE tag team champion. He defeated some of the greatest competitors ever such as The Undertaker, Kurt Angle, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Triple H, Kane, Booker T, Mick Foley, Hulk Hogan, Big Show and the list goes on and on. In his nine year career he achieved more than people have in 30 years. He main evented Wrestlemania a number of times and put on some of the greatest matches in history. Him and Austin were the main contributers to beating WCW in the ratings and is arguably the great wrestler to ever pick up a microphone. He was always over whether it be Heel or Face and had some of the best charisma I have ever seen.

Tatsumi is no one shit though. He has won countless championships in Japan and had some good matches over there. Nothing against Tatsumi but I don't see him going over The Rock. It would be an exciting match which would end with The Rock hitting the Rock Bottom and the Peoples Elbow for the 1, 2, 3.

Do the right thing and vote The Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment.

My vote will have to go to The Rock. The Rock was the man in the 90's. He had media attention from all over the world. The Rock had very good feuds with wrestler such as HHH, Stone Cold, The Undertaker and most of his feuds will aways be remember by most of the wrestling fan. Fujinami accomplished a lot in Japan, But there's no way that Fujinami could defeat The Rock in this match.

The Hall of Famer Tatsumi "The Dragon" Fujinami's credentials:
Championships and Accomplishments

Catch Wrestling Association
CWA Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
New Japan Pro Wrestling
IWGP Heavyweight Championship (6 times)
IWGP Tag Team Championship (5 times) – with Kengo Kimura (4) and Osamu Nishimura (1)
NWA International Junior Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
NWA World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
WCWA World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
WWF International Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
WWF International Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Kengo Kimura
WWF Junior Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
G1 Climax (1993)
Super Grade Tag League (1991) – with Big Van Vader

Pacific Northwest Wrestling
NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
Pro Wrestling Illustrated
PWI ranked him #31 of the 500 best singles wrestlers during the "PWI Years" in 2003

Universal Wrestling Association
UWA World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

World Wide Wrestling Federation / World Wrestling Federation
WWF International Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
WWWF Junior Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards
Best Technical Wrestler (1985, 1986, 1988)
Most Outstanding Wrestler (1988)
Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 1996)

The Great One's credentials:
Championships and Accomplishments

Pro Wrestling Illustrated
PWI Match of the Year (1999) vs. Mankind in an "I Quit" match at Royal Rumble[130]
PWI Match of the Year (2002) vs. Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania X8[130]
PWI Most Popular Wrestler of the Year (1999, 2000)[131]
PWI Wrestler of the Year (2000)[132]
PWI ranked him #2 of the 500 best singles wrestlers of the year in the PWI 500 in 2000[133]

United States Wrestling Association
USWA World Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Bart Sawyer[134]

World Wrestling Federation / World Wrestling Entertainment
WCW World Heavyweight Championship (2 times)1[135]
WWF/E Championship (7 times)2[136]
WWF Intercontinental Championship (2 times)[137]
WWF Tag Team Championship (5 times) – with Mankind (3), The Undertaker (1), and Chris Jericho (1)[138]
Royal Rumble (2000)[3]
Slammy Award for New Sensation (1997)
Sixth Triple Crown Champion

Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Best Box Office Draw (2000)
Best Gimmick (1999)
Best on Interviews (1999, 2000)
Most Charismatic (1999–2002)
Most Improved (1998)
Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 2007)

One could make the case that Fujinami had a better career and has a better resume than Johnson. But The Rock is quote possibly the greatest entertainer in the history of the wrestling. He was gold on the mic and the fact that he went from a nobody as Rocky Mavia to the most electrifying man in sports entertainment as The Rock is an accomplishment in itself. With the help of Stone Cold, The Rock took down WCW in the Monday Night Wars. Plus, he was my favorite wrestler in the Attitude Era. Now if only he would stop making kids movies... But that's for another topic. The Rock for the win via Rock Bottom and People's Elbow.
TheRock9.jpg

Easily the Rock. The most electrifying man in wrestling since Thomas Edison, who actually was an amatuer wrestler, little known fact. The Rock hasn't even made the finals of one of these things yet, has he? That could change this year for sure. I'm sure Fujinami is just super, but he isn't the Rock and he hasn't starred in the Rundown. This one shouldn't be close.

Tatsumi Fujinami is the guy I say is my favourite Japanese wrestler. He probably isn't, but I remember liking some of his matches. However, he doesn't really have a chance of beating The Rock in the USA. The Rock is a huge name and systematically beat everyone around. Fujinami to my knowledge never did much stateside, and so he just doesn't match up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back