Flair Region, Fourth Round, 3 Stages of Hell: (1) Ric Flair vs. (5) CM Punk

Who Wins This Match?

• Ric Flair

• CM Punk

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not smarmy at all, but your own post tried to diminish the accomplishment. That's what I was noting and correcting.

Well in my universe you're the epitome of smarmy, and my preamble was meant to capture you as a whole.

Glad we agree.

I'm glad that you're glad.

I didn't agree to that.

Then I cheerfully withdraw the point I made and apologize for misinterpreting your point.

False. Unequivocally false.

You cannot watch that video and continue claiming Punk was ever more over. The fact is Punk was never the top guy in his own promotion. Ever. CM Punk was always, at best, second place.

I actually remember watching that on tv, and I can honestly say that it didn't hold a candle to CM Punk beating John Cena the second time they fought. WCW hyped it up like it was the most amazing moment ever, and then Luger lost the belt back to Hogan in five days so WCW could get it right and have Hogan drop the belt to Sting. Top guys usually get to keep a world title for longer than a work week.

Here's a little history lesson for you; the closest Luger ever came to being the top guy was when Ric Flair was fired, and even then the fans weren't having any of that so they had to go with Sting.

Obviously I can't make you think that CM Punk was ever a top guy, but saying that Lex Luger could rival his popularity is something that I'll never accept either. So yeah, agree to disagree.

I thought we were arguing about who is better. I'm pretty certain the rules of the WZ Tournament allow us to look at all criteria.

Ah, well. I should have probably warned you then that I like to casually dismiss petty off-hand comments like "sounds like a dick to me". My mistake.

War Games is a team effort, not an individual.

It involves a cage, that's why I related it to this match.

Also, your original claim that Flair never won a War Games match is false. WrestleWar '91, the Horsemen defeated Sting, Pillman and the Steiners. I've watched the VHS of that show many times. I thought about mentioning it last time, but considering War Games has nothing to do with this, I didn't think it particularly relevant. But I guess that doesn't really matter much to you.

I stand corrected.

My angle is to point out that Punk is not on Flair's level and never has been.

Pardon my paranoia, but you're getting a little too preachy for my comfort when it comes to two performers who you don't like. Maybe you're in denial of the fact that you kind of like Ric Flair, or maybe you just like putting guys like me in their place. I won't go planting seeds of suspicion, my boy Punk obviously isn't taking this one.

You don't have to agree on who you like, but you can't really dispute the fact Flair > Punk.

I disputed that John Cena could beat Earthquake two years ago, you take me too lightly good Sir.

I vote Flair and its because of one thing Sly said. Punk was second best in his prime, in his territory. Cena was, is top dog.

Flair was the marquee of NWA, as a heel. The horsemen would get involved and Flair would heat to win, but he'd win against someone like Punk.

A few of Ric Flair's major victories in cage matches:

Hulk Hogan
Randy Savage
Vader
Harley Race
Ronnie Garvin

Yes I said RONNIE GARVIN. Flair has won quite a few cage matches over some major names. The idea that he can't beat CM Punk in one is laughable at best.

Lets not forget victories over Kerry Von Erich, Wahoo McDaniels, Jimmy Garvin, Nikita Koloff and Ricky Morton( All defending the NWA World Championship); Roddy Piper( Defending the WWF World Championship ) and Triple H( defending the Intercontinental Championship).

Thank God there's some logic in this tournament. Was worried for a moment that I'd rage on a random thread in this tourney and get banned...alas, Flair advances over Punk, which he should.

Flair in his prime may be rivaled by the likes of Austin, Hogan, Undertaker, and even Cena. Also, Flair in cage matches were usually wins for him, aside from War Games and the ones past his prime.

Punk was great in the ring, but I can't put him at the level of Flair and the margin of victory is about right for this match up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back