Ghostbusters 3: Venkman's gonna die!

Stuntz

WTF!!!!
Apparantly They finally got good ole Bill Murray to reprise his role in the Ghostbusters franchise. After over a year of waiting Bill finally got around to reading the proposed script for the newest movie and agreed to come back. With that finally happening, the newest information out is that it will be more of a supporting role, some of which he will portray a ghost.

Now I know this is just rumor considering that no one can agree whether this film is going to happen or not. Harold Ramos is saying its a go and it will be out no earlier than Christmas 2012 (just in time for the end of the world:shrug:). Dan Aykroyd is saying filming will begin this fall, but the one and only Bill Murray is still saying its just talk. Now Im thinking its going to happen, Bill just doesnt want to confirm anything.

The plot of this is apparently going to be that of the Old Ghostbusters training a new group of Busters and letting them take over the business. Rumored newbies include Elisha Cuthbert, Anna Farris, and Bill Hader. Now knowing all this there is also a rumor out there that not only will there be a 3rd but a 4th movie filmed concurrently to be released Christmas of 2013. Now with all of these rumors floating around, what is your opinion on them, and do you think any are true.

So many rumors, some different than the others, but I think the general concensus is that yes, it is in fact going to happen and I personally would love to see, for the lack of terms, the band back together again. If indeed it does happen I will have to say I might be one of the first ones in line to get a ticket. My kids love the movies as much as I did when they first came out in the 80's, and when that happens you know you have a good family movie.

That sounds.... interesting?

I actually quite like the idea of another Ghostbusters film, and even the idea of Venkman dying. Be interested to see where they'd take the whole Ghostbusters: The Next Generation angle.

Time will tell, eh?

Also, I'm all for Elisha Cuthbert working. She's hot. Aaah, damn, she is hot, but I just realised I got her mixed up with Eliza Dushku. It's a shame Dollhouse got pulled and they had to rush the whole 5 year story arc into the last five episodes of season 2.

I remember when this was being reported probably two years ago. Same plot different actors. I think when I first heard it the new ghostbusters team was going to include Ben Stiller and Jack Black. Not really a fan of Elisha Cuthbert, her acting was shite in 24. Haven't seen her in anything else, maybe she's gotten better (just remembered: she was good in Girl Next Door).

Part of me wants to see this happen, it's the ghostbusters!!! The more pessimistic part of me wants them to shelve this. Who knows, as long as Harold Ramis, Dan Aykroyd and Bill Murray are all on board then there's always the chance for a great movie.

I can't say I care too much about this. I always enjoyed watching both Ghostbuster films when I was kid. They were funny, and I still enjoy watching them today. Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd were hilarious in both films, but I do think Murray needs to return for a third film. He needs to be involved in some way. Murray is the star of this franchise, and a Ghostbuster film wouldn't feel the same without him.

Although, I never have been anxious to see another Ghostbuster film. I know die hard fans of this franchise probably want to see more, but two films were enough for me. The ending to the second film felt so complete. I hope the story for this can be something worth getting into, but I'm sure loyal fans of the Ghostbuster franchise will want to see this film regardless, because nostalgia will be enough to draw them into theaters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back