Tri-Top: Bill Murray

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
The funny blunt man of Hollywood. He has been in some of our favourite comedies, that repeat constantly on TBS. He has also been in some horrid movies that have earned a place in our colons, and our hearts. All the jokes aside, he is a great comedian who has been n some great movies. What are your three favorites?

Ghostbusters- One of the best comedy films ever made, Bill Murray has great actors to work with in this movie and is way better then them all in my opinion. Though the movie was made before I was born, as a child in the 90s, I never missed the chance to watch it.

Groundhog Day- Now I don't know if I lived my own groundhog day, but one summer, I woke up every day, and this movie was playing on TBS. So I watched it for like the first 3 times it was on. Enjoyed it each time as well, until the third time, I was just waiting for a Braves game to come on. I enjoy it due to the simple humour that they put forth, and the overall almost time travel feel the movie has.

Larger Than Life- A movie where the only one who out-acted Bill Murray was a 5 ton animal (not Rosie O'Donnell). This movie came out during a time when there were a few movies with elephants in it, and I must say I liked it. Although it is a pretty poor movie, I love how he tries to transfer the elephant across America. Really fun film.

Ghostbusters You have to pick it, it's legendary, I forget how funny it is, he's great in the role, could you imagine Venckman played by anyone else?

Space Jam Everything you need in a film, it's funny, family friendly and just is totally entertaining!

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
First time I watched it I hated it, but watched it again and I very much love this film and Murray really acts pretty well in this film.

How has no one mentioned Caddyshack? Not only is it one of the greatest sports movies ever, but it's hard to not laugh when you're watching it. Carl Speckler is easily the funniest character ever. Billy Murray is a comedic genius, and it was showcased here.

Scrooged is one of my favorite Christmas movies. It's got a unique twist on the story, and has some very funny moments, without forgetting that the story is supposed to be heartwarming. Murray is gold here as well.

Another one of his best, and probably the best for everyone else involved, is What About Bob? I'm surprised at how many people have never heard of this movie, as I always thought it was one of the more popular ones. After seeing this movie, I used it to bother my mom for years.

"All I want...is peace...and quiet..."
"I'll be quiet..."
"And, I'll be peace"

"Baby steps on to the elevator...Baby steps off the elevator...Baby steps down the hall..."

Bill Murray is, without a doubt, my favorite comedic actor of time. And what I love about him is that not only is his comedy stuff gold, but his dramatic performances are all fantastic as well. He truly is a one of a kind actor.

Anyway, top 3:

3. Ghostbusters - I haven't watched either Ghostbusters film in forever, but fuck I loved these two movies when I was a kid and Peter Venkman was by far my favorite character in them. Ghostbusters is really what made me a fan of Murray in the first place, and why it makes this list. In fact, I think I'll go purchased the DVDs of both these films and see if they hold up to this day, now that I'm thinking about it, lol.

2. Stripes - This is the other Bill Murray film I saw repeatedly as a child. But the difference between Stripes and Ghostbusters is that I've watched Stripes plenty of times in my adult years and I know for a fact it still holds up to this day. What a fucking hilarious picture; truly an eighties classic as far as I'm concerned.

1. Lost in Translation - Remember how I said his dramatic performances are all fantastic? Well, this is by far his greatest dramatic performance and my personal favorite movie of his. I love everything about this film. The comedy was done just right, and the chemistry between Johansson and Murray was beyond perfect. The way these two were so lonely even though they both seemed to have it all, and the way they just drifted towards each other... it was just magical and completely believable at the same time. Great, great movie.

Honorable mentions:
Broken Flowers
Rushmore
Ed Wood
Groundhog Day
Space Jam
Meatballs
The Royal Tenenbaums

1. What about Bob? As a youth I was obsessed with this movie, Bill's character Bob Wiley was one of the funniest characters in cinema history. Everything he said or did was hilarious, I laughed just looking at him especially when he had his "Don't hassle me Local" shirt. That shirt was priceless. Richard Dreyfuss was awesome in this as well.

2. Ghostbusters Again this was another movie I was obsessed with as a kid. Although as a kid I didn't watch it because I thought it was funny now as an adult I realize just how funny that movie was. Murray had his usual dry wit and humor in it. I heard they maybe making a remake of it this too.

3. Caddyshack This is just a true classic. Many people regard it as the funniest sports movies and funniest overall movies of all time. I love this movie but I actually like it more for Chevy Chase and Rodney Dangerfield's characters, Murray was good in this but I thought them two were even better in it.

Groundhog Day - This is actually one of my fave films. I simply love watching the guy go from total freak out, to enjoying fucking with the town, to losing all hope, to improving himself and the lives of near enough everyone in Puncsatawny (or however it's spelt) and achieves true love........... plus he gives the newly weds tickets to Wrestlemania. What's not to like?

Where the Buffalo Roam - The majority of people will have seen 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas' based on the book by the Immortal Hunter S Thompson. Well, '....Buffalo Roam' is an earlier film based on the man himself as opposed to one of his books, with Murray as Thompson. His attorney is still there, and they still go around on drug induced adventures, and despite Thompson's actual feeling for the film, i felt that Murray does a good portrayal. Ok, it's not the same standard as Johhny Depp's interpretation, but Depp actually went and lived with Thompson for several months to learn his mannerisms etc, and after you watch both movies, Murray's portrayal isn't that different from Depp's. Anway, it's a good watch.

Wild Things - A young Denise Richards flashing her assets a LOT and making out with Neve Campbell repeatedly, in a sexy deceitful plot to make shed loads of cash, with the added bonus of Kevin Bacon as a suspicious cop who foolishly thinks he's part of the plan as well, only to find that a girl everyone thought was dead had orchastrated the whole thing with the help of a certain lawyer, who was the teacher's lawyer originally!!!!........ AND is played by Bill Murray. That's literally, the cherry on top man. Enjoyable film, has a rep for those aforementioned reasons, and a wonderful cast including the mighty Bill Murray. The fake neck brace just makes me chuckle every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back