Tri-Top: Will Smith

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
The winner of countless awards by the African American community. One of the most bankable actors in hollywood, and a man who has been in countless block buster movies in the last few years. Will Smith is a domiant actor, what are your favourite three movies of his?

I, Robot- The movie does bring forth some interesting questions about life, and Will Smith has been in a few movies like this. But this movie really showed off Will's acting strengths, considering he had to play the lead, and was aloe for a lot of the movie.

Independence Day- As a Canadian, I mark ever Fourth of July seeing the destruction of the United States. That is what we do, as well as play hockey. Now that I have let out a big Canadian secret, back to the movie. A great movie, filled with great stars. Almost didn't pick it for that reason, but if you think about it, Will stands outin the movie the most. Great flick.

Ali- The work he must have done for this movie is impressive. A great movie that really gave you that feel to Ali's life. Will Smith does an incredible job here, and was awarded for it. After this movie, his career was not about being a Fresh Prince anymore, it was about a man with a gift for acting.

My three favorite Will Smith movies are Men In Black, Shark Tale, and The Pursuit Of Happyness.

Men In Black was a very funny movie, and was entertaining to watch. Maybe not the best movie out of all of them, but he makes it worth watching over and over. There's a lot of quotable lines, and I don't know anyone that hates it.

I kind of got sucked in to liking Shark Tale. My son loved the movie when we first got it, and he watches it about once a week. The story is good, but not so great that a little kid can't follow it easily. For an animated movie, the voices worked well for their characters, and Will did a good job at making his "fish" come to life.

Pursuit Of Happyness is another movie that I'm hard pressed to find anyone that disliked it. The acting was extraordinary. And, being based on a true story, made it feel real to everyone. It's hard to watch it, and not get choked up, especially when you see him take his son into a subway bathroom so they can sleep for the night. Being a single father, it was relatable, and the ending made me smile. It's not only a great Will Smith movie, but a greta movie all-around.

I was waiting for this thread, TM. :)

3. The Pursuit of Happyness: Will Smith does an incredible job in this movie. He makes it feel so real; his struggles, successess, pains.. I felt them all as if I was him. This movie really touched me. It's the only one I've ever nearly cried in.

2. I, Robot: This was one of the first action movies I ever watched. I remember being about 12 when it came out, or maybe 11, and being so confused throughout it. I didn't really like it much then, but the fighting was great. Watching it now, it obviously makes a lot more sense. Great movie, great actor. Did anyone else notice that Smith looked fricken' huge in this movie?

1. I Am Legend: This movie is so good. I saw it opening day, against my will, with my best friend Kendra. I was scared. :) I thought the plot was amazing, and while it's a bit far-fetched, something similar could happen. Mutated zombies, maybe not. What really impressed me about his performance in this one is that he was alone for a good chunk of the movie and basically was acting with himself. I could write so much more on this one, but I have got to leave for school. ;)

I only really like three movies Will Smith has had an acting role in, but one of them is just a cameo, so forgive me.

3. Jersey Girl - A lot of people look at this as Kevin Smith's worst film, but I still really enjoyed it. I think it would've been much better and more financially/critically successful if he got Bill Murray to play the lead like originally planned, but I didn't let the Bennifer hate that was going on at the time distract me from enjoying this movie. Will Smith had only a very small role in it, but it was still a memorable one and played a huge part of the story.

2. The Pursuit of Happyness - A very, very, very touching movie, and in my opinion, even though I don't list it first, it is by far Will Smith's greatest performance to date. He was tremendous in this, and I really think this movie ends up being complete shit if he's not cast in this role. It took an Oscar worthy performance to make this film watchable, and Will Smith gave it that and much more.

1. Ali - Just a great, entertaining movie about a great, entertaining man. Smith's portrait of Ali was tremendous, and everything else about the movie was so as well. Not the best biopic ever done, but it was a damn good one and it is by leaps and bounds my favorite movie Will Smith has been in.

Unlike the Matt Damon thread, there are no honorable mentions. All Will Smith’s other movies are shit, in my opinion, with Wild Wild West being one of the worst movies ever created.

Will Smith is by far my favourite actor and is probably actor of the decade this decade.Anyways my 3 favourite Will Smith movies are.

1) I Am Legend. This is my favourite movie of all time. It is great. I remember watchign it for the first time and just thinking how great it was. As 48.7 pointed out. he is basically doing the whole movie by himself except the last half hour or something like that. He brings his daughter in this movie for 5 minutes and she did really well for a 5 year old. Even the dog makes this movie good.

2) Pursuit of Happyness (Happiness :lmao:). Anyways this movie is the first movie and only to make me cry. I mean based on a true story just makes this movie even better. Will's kid is a star. He performed so much in this movie and he and Will had great chemistry during the whole movie. I highly recomend the whole movie to everyone.

3) (note i have not seen Ali). I would have to say Hancock. Ok don't kill me but this is actually a pretty decent comedy. It isn't all that good but I like it. He isn't at his best either but it still he puts on a decent act. I just find this a unique movie but still could of been better. I would sitll give it liek 7.5/8 out of 10 tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back