Tri-Top: John Wayne

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
The man who has starred in I believe more movies than anyone else in history. The man who after failing to serve his country in World War Two caused his guilt to build up, making him work harder to spread Americana. Now he has starred in countless movies that is obvious, especially westerns. Now which of those dozens and hundreds are your favourites?

The Alamo- The Academy Award winning movie about the battle of the Alamo... well that is what they say. Despite its actual historical accuracies, the movie is a truly great western film. If you have watched the newer version, I ask you to forget it, and watch this one instead to replace it in your memory.

True Grit- Wayne was the man in this movie. He is the true comeback story, before Rocky or The Wrestler. The storyline of this, as well as other Western movies plays on the chase scenario, leading the main group through a great series of twists that we all loved seeing Wayne enter. Even at 60, he was great.

She Wore a Yellow Ribbon- My favourite John Wayne movie of all time. It was part of his calvary trilogy, and was by far the best. It was also in colour which as a kid made the difference. I loved the Duke, but I hated Black and White.

The Alamo is the only John Wayne movie I remember ever liking. Old Westerns just aren't my thing. I dig some of the recent Western films released like 3:10 to Yuma and The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. But I have to had seen at least a dozen of John Wayne movies when I was a kid, seeing as it seemed my Grandfather always had one on every time I visited him, but The Alamo is the only one that sticks out. They all just seemed the exact same to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back