GM of RAW: Coachman or Regal?

Who You Want as GM of RAW?

• William Regal

• Jonathan Coachman

Results are only viewable after voting.

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show
Source: WZ.com

There has been some talk in recent weeks of making William Regal a commissioner or executive assistant on Raw. Writer Brian Gewirtz is behind this because he thinks Regal is good at getting angles over with his promos and facials. And when he needs to be the butt of jokes for face comebacks, he can do better in the ring than Jonathan Coachman.

You know I really like Regal as I thought he did a great job back in the old WWF as the GM of the whole thing, but Coach I think does a god job as well as he can really work the spot well. Though Regal is great at comedic segments and can play serious as well. Though Coachman plays those roles well as well though he an be wimpy i guess but still does a good job. I personally feel instead of removing Coach they should just have both Coach and Regal be the Co-Gm's of RAW. I think be entertaining and work all the angle that the writers wants.

Well Im not a fan of Coach, so I would have to say and hope that Regal should be GM of Raw.

He is good on the mic, and as said some of his facial expressions are gold. He did a terrific job as you said AJ back in the WWF, and i think he would do a terrific job once again.

It would be a pity of course for Regal not to be in the ring. Were he could really help the development of some of the younger talnet, and I thought he went to Raw to get a push. Well maybe this is his push to be GM. As I said Id love it see it, her plays the role so well.

Maybe have Coach as his assitant, having Regal boss the Coach around etc.

I like regal in the GM role for the fact that he has more range as a person.

His facial expressions are brilliant and he can cut a very good promo when needs be, also he can be loved as a face as much as he can be hated as a heel, which is very good for the 'A' show

I am no big fan of the coach, but he is a good GM. I would just rather see regal

Definitely Regal, because he can be either a face GM or a heel GM, he plays either role equally well.

He is well spoken and articulate. His facial expressions are priceless. And when called upon to be in the ring, he's more than adequate. The Coach is clearly not a wrestler, so when put in the ring in a match, it's just ridiculous, whereas Regal, albeit well past his prime, can still carry himself very well in the ring.

regal would be a very good gm for the reasons stated, but that would leave coach with no role

for that reason regal should stay wrestling as that was the point for moving to raw

slightly off topic but has anyone noticed that RAW has an exectutive assistant, SMACKDOWN a GM but ECW nothing. surely for consistency amongst brands there should be 3 GMs.

regal could be a wrestling GM of ECW, helping the young guys doing the role originally slated for benoit

I definately like William Regal more as GM of RAW then Jonathan Coachman. Regal can more easily get over with the fans and at least he if he gets put in a match like Coach always is, he can actually wrestle the guy. Plus, wasn't he Commisioner for RAW or Smackdown a couple of years ago? He'll know what he's doing if so.

I would personally like to see Regal become RAW GM.
Jonathan Coachman just doesnt do enough to be the lead guy on the "A-Show"

And i think a way of keeping Coach on TV is to have him (on TV) be offered the job as the GM of ECW and therefore allow Regal to take charge of RAW.

Please bring back Regal! Ah, the good old memories from 2001 up until he joined the Alliance and Mick Foley took over for a short time. Regal's role as the Commissioner was pure gold. I hope at the same time we can see him compete. If Chris Jericho returns, I hope to see another Regal/Jericho feud. Naw, I'm probably just dreaming :(

Regal was simply AWESOME when he was the WWF Commish and I would honestly love to see him as RAW General Manager.

As for Coachman, I would like to see him manage Lashley. He could provide the mic skills that Lashley severly lacks and needs. It can be done with Lashley as a face or heel which is the great part.

Regal's highlight of his WWE career was the commisioner job. He is fucking amazing at it, and really has been the best wrestler in power, probably ever. While I would love to see probably Easy-E or Paul E. in one of those roles, Regal I will take. As said by many, his facial expressions are amazing, and he'll be a great thorn in Cena's ass.

RikRaines, that's not a bad idea at all; Coach managing Lashley. It could help to improve Lashley's character somewhat and learn from Coach when it comes to the mic. If not, have Coach manage someone else or back to the ass kissing interviewer LOL.

I would like to see Coachman go to ECW as GM, and he could be semi pro new breed, or somthing. Regal would be gold on RAW, but maybe instead of a GM role, he could create a faction of brits on RAW and be the leader. Regal, Taylor, Burchil, and I'm sure I'm forgeting someone. Maybe Finlay. That'd be cool.

Well this is quite difficult for me, I like Coach's character, I mean he plays the character he is given really well in my opinion, but Regal does get my vote, he has a better overall character and lets face it my British (and thats Northern British) pride is winning here. Regal has always been entertaining to watch, and despite other peoples opinions (not going to mention who, but you know who you are) Regal has had great career highlights other than being Commissioner, for example winning the European Championship, Intercontinental Championship, And Tag team championships (with Lance Storm). He will make a great GM.

I actually kind of like Coach, but I loved how Regal acted the part a few weeks ago. I'm not a fan of Teddy Long, though, or Vicki. I'd like it if they moved Long/Vicki over to ECW and Coach to Smackdown, then replace Coach with Regal. The problem, though, is that the WWE is severely lacking in talent right now, so they could stand to keep Regal as a wrestler. When the injuries heal up though, I'd love a Regal/Raw, Coach/Smackdown, Long/ECW General Manager lineup.

I know from what the poll show everyone belives that Coach should be replaced but I think having him and regal be co-gms be good and entertaining. We know the great job Regal did back in the day but i just think there be more excitement if he and Coach had to share duties. Though coach donthave much to fall back on as he cant go back to guy asking teh questions or announcer so i rather see Coach stay as GM

I think of the two Regal is the better choice .. but unless they want to give him the role and face time like a "mr mcmahon" or a Bischoff.. whats the point? If its just to be comic relief thats such a waste for Regal's talent. Better off leaving him in the ring with the younger guys. IMO for a GM to matter he (she) needs the screen time just like one of the wresters. If thats the case then they need to let Regal run with it full heel style.

I think regal would make a great gm of raw, just look back at the dayz when he was commissioner. Some of his skits back then were hilarious. WWE should make coach the gm of smackdown & get someone to be the gm of ecw, maybe mick foley? If regal becomes GM he should still wrestle once in a while like king does.
Overall i think this would be a great move by WWE.

Regal the entire way. Regal is simply brilliant and his representation of the Commish was exceptional. Regal could be the best thing to happen to RAW, and I seriously mean it.

I never liked Coach, ever. When regal is the GM of raw, he becomes a bigger pain in the ass and can strike fear in some of the wrestlers because he can actually wrestle. Also when Regal was the GM of raw a couple of years ago, it was alot more interesting.

I'm for one am glad that Regal is the GM of Raw. Regal was always a very good commish and he was very entertaining. I hope he gets into the main event storylines more.

ok.... i was all for regal until tonight.... a game show? seriously.... i think i would have been more entertained by sleeping. wwe is just getting terrible with their writing, i mean, yah, i like regal over coachman, but regal... hes been there before, we've seen it... just like everything else they have been up to as of late... in my personal opinion when sandman was the last one in the ring, it should have stayed that way, i mean think about it, he's not my favorite wreslter, but his character in a gm position? priceless... theres so many ways that could go, and if the wwe is so concerned about ratings right now, well, i could definately see them going up with him taking that role.

i think its awesome that regal is the new gm. ive been wanting him to become the gm of raw again for a while now. he gets excellent heat from the fans and hes great on the mic. i could see him starting his own faction with a set of heel superstars that would do his dirty work for him. they could also allow him to fued with a specific face. for example, kennedy could turn heel and start a fued similar to the stone cold/vince fued and they could put on awesome matches considering they are both great wrestlers. this is a great way to put regal over where he belongs and possibly give him a chance to eventually have some matches where ppl can realize how good of a wrestler he really is.

All of you who were clamoring for this should be ashamed. Tonight was atrocious. That game show was one of the worst segments I've seen in a very long time... and someone please tell me who the hell UmaNga is? If you're going to give the guy a larger role on Raw he should probably know the names of the guys on the roster. I know it's a small mistake but he sounded like a horses ass when he mispronounced it.. more than once.

I was hoping for Sandman as the new GM, but when I saw Regal run into the ring, I was like WTF? Here we go again.

Sandman could have created some interesting storylines being a GM. Kind of like when they gave the CEO position to Austin in the WWF days. Oh well, the WWE writing team has pretty much sucked in recent times so this move doesn't surprise me.

I think its a good move to keep coachman and regal close together, not only can Coachman learn alot from him to make his segments better etc, but they work well off each other, I think it will make for a very good GM type team on RAW

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back